Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Apr 2014, 23:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
CEO
CEO
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Followers: 324

Kudos [?]: 1573 [1] , given: 354

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod application [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2009, 19:21
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
We have completed our work on next, the most powerful tool: BOOKS - must-have supplement to The Official Guide 12th Edition (OG12) and The Official Guide 11th Edition (OG11). It will take a few weeks for Apple to accept the update.

With BOOKS you will easily keep your error/time log!

NEW! GMAT ToolKit 2 (iOS) / GMAT ToolKit (Android) - The must have GMAT prep app | PrepGame

1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 1979

Kudos [?]: 6402 [1] , given: 3565

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod application [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2009, 09:59
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
New version of the GMAT Toolkit for Apple iPhone is out!
Walker has already updated the main page with details.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

1 KUDOS received
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod application [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2009, 07:10
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
osbornecox wrote:
Your disagreement is welcome!

Can I download the GMATPrep ad infinitum? Or will the two tests essentially be the same with each download?

The same with each download but they have more questions than enough for 2 tests. So, when you decide to take test again, you will see only a few repetitions. The score will not be right but you can see your weak area.

NEW! GMAT ToolKit 2 (iOS) / GMAT ToolKit (Android) - The must have GMAT prep app | PrepGame

1 KUDOS received
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod application [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2010, 15:19
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
8-) Yesterday, our two applications, GMAT Toolkit and GMAT Club, became #1 and #2 paid GMAT preparation applications in USA AppStore for the first time! Although we have realized only 10% of all our ideas, it is a good sign to go ahead!

Thanks a lot, guys!!! It wouldn't be possible without you and your feedback! A little surprise for you will be unveiled soon ;)

Although Blackberry are not our high priority task, I think we are close to take this direction into account.

Good luck!
Warm regards,
Walker

1 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 1979

Kudos [?]: 6402 [1] , given: 3565

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod application [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2010, 15:26
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
The 1.2.1 versions of the GMAT Club and GMAT Toolkit just got approved and released by Apple!!!! :!:

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [1] , given: 10

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod application [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2010, 17:29
This post received
KUDOS
Hi Walker,
I use the GMAT toolkit i really liked it.
I still Dont follow what does just the Idioms Alone will do wiht out a Proper Usage in a Sentence..(light me up if i am Stupid in Asking this )
say for eg.
idiom # 208
seperate From.

and it looks blank So may i know What shud i do now .i shook it it gave me another this time i got
idiom # 3
mandate/require
that do have a Sentence usage of the Idiom.. .

Will you add sentence usage of the idiom which will be good or Can you guys do like Adding a Icon Say Flip it to See back Side of the Card to give more details about the Idiom.
I think we have GMAT toolkit made this much Interactive i dont think this will not be that much effort to put this in the Next Update ..

The Greatest Mistake you can make in Life is Continually be afraid you will make one - Elbert Hubbard

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: McCombs

Kudos [?]: 15 [1] , given: 22

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod application [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2010, 05:19
This post received
KUDOS
Not sure whats up, but the app is buggy for me. I have a first generation iPod touch. I had to pay $5 for the version 3.0 apps update (mines was version 1).

Anyways, I bought it because I thought the timer that grades my answers in OG made it worth it.

So I go into Books > OG12 > Diagnostic and start doing the questions. I realize that when I must press a question number, a flag next to it turns green. When I press the green flag, a timer starts and the flag turns black and white. When I'm ready to choose my answer, I press the black and white flag and at the bottom of the screen ABCDE shows up. I thought it was such a hassle that I had to do this same process for each question. Then when I get to #48, I entered my answer and it automatically started the timer for #49 and the flag turned black and white. So I put my answer in and it went to #50.

I tried this out in other books and could not get the timer to run automatically. The only books where the timer runs automatically are in the Diagnostic questions after #48 in OG11 and OG12.

Should it be going to the next question automatically or I'm supposed to press each question myself? Or am I having a brain fart and am using the program incorrectly?

Also, a feature to email your answers, incorrect/correct, and time from the OG books would be awesome. I noticed that you could do it for the Timer, but not the for the OG books.

GMAT Retake - Summer/Fall 2010 Minimum 650, Goal 700
Resources - Kaplan Premiere, MGMAT Guides 1-8, OG12, Quant & Verbal

Please help me towards my goal of GMATclub tests and press +1 (kudos) if you like my posts.

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod application [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2010, 06:36
This post received
KUDOS
Also, I've known about this program for about a week, but i never knew that it checked your answers for you. That was a huge selling point for me and I feel like on the top post and on the iTunes app page it is not clearly stated why this program is so awesome.

Then again, maybe its just me and its my own fault for not bothering to read the whole description. It seems like everyday I find something awesome about this website that I didn't know about previously.

Top feature requests for me would be:
- analysis of incorrect by topic/time
- emailing my OG answers with the time and correct answers (I don't trust my iPod and am afraid I might accidentally clear the history?)
- i noticed on Timer you could name Custom answer sheets, it would be great to see it on OG logs too! I plan on going through the book again to see which I keep getting wrong.

Please help me towards my goal of GMATclub tests and press +1 (kudos) if you like my posts.

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod application [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2010, 07:04
This post received
KUDOS
walker,

I just didn't notice it was only for Verbal.

I like the way it is now, but the new sequence you posted might be better. I'd like to be able to turn it on and off though. This new sequence would definitely help me out because I frequently miss-tap and fail to notice that the timer hasn't started. I only notice the timer hasn't started when I'm ready done solving the question so its already too late.

Same goes for the confirm answer button. It only seems like a hassle now, but I'm sure accidentally miss-tapping the screen would be more annoying. The OG books should have all the features of the Timer!

One more feature suggestion:
BIGGER flag AND answer choices!

Sadly, my test is on Jan 16 so I probably won't get the chance to see any of these features. :(

BTW, I feel like I'm complaining. I just want to make it clear that I love the program!!! It's great the way it is and would recommend it to anyone!

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod application [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2010, 08:19
This post received
KUDOS
5. Custom name for Books... What if I add ability to see only questions answered wrong? not easy to do now but it seems to be very useful

Yeah, that would be perfect. The only reason I suggested this was so I could see which one I got wrong on my second attempt or third attempts.

One last option:
-show or hide incorrect/correct- A feature so I can choose whether or not I got an OG question correct or incorrect after tapping in my answer because I'd rather wait till I'm done. The instant gratification of knowing I got an answer correct is great, but whenever I answer incorrectly, I (besides getting angry :lol:) flip to the back of the book and spend 5mins reading the answer. Again, maybe its just me, but I feel like it would better simulate test conditions and overall help me with my timing.

For real though, I wish I knew about this sooner! Is the OG Books feature new or did I just not notice it until now?

On the first post, you should put the price at the bottom because that was the first thing I noticed. This was my exact train of thought the first time I saw the page, I immediately felt like it was too much and this website was trying to rip me off or take my money. I felt my suspicions were then justified because I skimmed the description/features and couldn't understand what the program did. (I came back to this post and researched it more because of the GMAT Math Book and Bunuel's posts)

It needs a better description too because the best selling point is the grade book/logger for the OG books.
Why do you need this?
Save time and paper. GMAT Toolkit grades your answers as you go!

If I read something like that, I probably would have researched more and I would have bought this weeks ago! But maybe the Books feature is new??

Seriously, everytime I go on this website I find something even more helpful!!

1 KUDOS received
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod application [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2010, 02:16
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
It is not just a timer (see app description). At the same time it doesn't contain GMAT questions so far (you may try free GMAT Club App with 111 hard quant questions). However, it will change in a week or so, as we release next update.

Best,
Walker

Posted from my mobile device Image

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod application [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2010, 02:24
This post received
KUDOS
themenace wrote:
I'm still confused as to what this app does. Does it provide questions and answers from the books shown or is it just a timer?

It is a grader/error log and a timer. It also has flashcards (idioms) and math notes.

It is worth the investment due to the time is saves you from having to grade your OG 11 or 12 mpc's. If you're studying for the GMAT and have an iPhone, then it is a great app to keep track of your OG performance.

It does not contain answer explanations, it simply grades options 'A' through 'E'. If you're 1) organized, 2) able to keep track of all your answer sheets for the 1000+ questions in the OG books, 3) don't mind searching through your papers & keeping your %-age correct stats, 4) prefer writing out all your (1000+) answers on paper & don't mind flipping to the back of the book each time you want to check your answers, then you don't need the app.

It saves you a few minutes from having to grade and keep track of your grades (a process you will do several times while studying the OG books).

1 KUDOS received
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod application [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2010, 09:14
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
ael719, thanks a lot!

1 KUDOS received
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod application [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2010, 11:00
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
I've added short information and screenshots of a new update that we are expect to release in 1-2 weeks.
So, it is the beginning of a new era for GMAT ToolKit. Now you can browse forum and create your own questions set.
Moreover, GMAT ToolKit will automatically scan GMAT Club Forum to find and add new questions to your set...
Zillion questions are now in your hand. :)

We need additional a couple days to test a new features to make them as smooth as possible.

Best,
Walker

1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 183 [1] , given: 47

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod application [#permalink] New post 16 Feb 2010, 09:16
This post received
KUDOS
walker wrote:
I've added short information and screenshots of a new update that we are expect to release in 1-2 weeks.
So, it is the beginning of a new era for GMAT ToolKit. Now you can browse forum and create your own questions set.
Moreover, GMAT ToolKit will automatically scan GMAT Club Forum to find and add new questions to your set...
Zillion questions are now in your hand. :)

We need additional a couple days to test a new features to make them as smooth as possible.

Best,
Walker

Awesome Walker!!!! Zillion Kudos!! Am too exicted to update ma app! :)))

Cheers!
JT...........
If u like my post..... payback in Kudos!! :beer

|Do not post questions with OA|Please underline your SC questions while posting|Try posting the explanation along with your answer choice|
|For CR refer Powerscore CR Bible|For SC refer Manhattan SC Guide|

~~Better Burn Out... Than Fade Away~~

1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod application [#permalink] New post 16 Feb 2010, 15:39
This post received
KUDOS
walker wrote:
Today GMAT ToolKit is featured in What's Hot in US Store!!!

By when would the updates be available for the already existing users?

Cheers!
JT...........

|Do not post questions with OA|Please underline your SC questions while posting|Try posting the explanation along with your answer choice|

1 KUDOS received
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod application [#permalink] New post 16 Feb 2010, 16:10
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
The new version of the app works great but we still need to do:

- OG Verbal and Quant 1 error/time logs (5 hours after getting books from the Amazon (unexpectedly delay)).
- Usability. Now it would be a bit difficult for new customers to figure out how to download new questions: they need to open Forum tool, go to SC folder, open a SC question and only then run autoscan. So, I'm working on a "magic" button in the Sets tool, when you push it and the app start to scan new posts automatically. At the same time more advance users can go directly to the Forum tool and scan whole Verbal folder.

We are going to submit the update for review at the end of this week or earlier.

Best,
Walker

1 KUDOS received
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod application [#permalink] New post 17 Feb 2010, 23:20
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
GMAT ToolKit 1.3.0. is submitted for review.

1 KUDOS received
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod application [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2010, 15:06
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
shasidharancsp wrote:
thanks mate. I am planning to buy iphone just to use this App and i know couple of my friends have done the same. I hope the app lives upto the expectations. Where can i find what are the features available in the app and the cost details?

Look at my first post at the thread, you will find screenshots and description. If you have any question about any function, just PM me.
Here you can find official iTunes page (You don't need to have iTunes to open this page)
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gmat-too ... 45537?mt=8

1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod application [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2010, 15:23
This post received
KUDOS
walker wrote:

Look at my first post at the thread, you will find screenshots and description. If you have any question about any function, just PM me.
Here you can find official iTunes page (You don't need to have iTunes to open this page)
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gmat-too ... 45537?mt=8

First Feedback.... I have downloaded the app :)

Tried to use the SC forum. Glad to have been able to read it pretty well. Although reply is not that friendly. Specially if u have large amount of text already filled in the text area, a scrollbar would be great, else a person cannot scroll down easily. I tried 5 times and it got stuck at some random place.

More to follow in as and when I us the app.

Cheers!
JT...........

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod application   [#permalink] 18 Feb 2010, 15:23