Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Apr 2014, 22:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 53 [0], given: 5

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod application [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2010, 09:17
that was quick thanks then as I metro travel a lot let me plan to get itouch which will eventually add upto my gmat prep costs:-)
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod application [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2010, 20:49
hi there - quick question regarding the toolkit. for the questions of the day, how was the content produced? i've been going through them and i think i've seen some of them elsewhere. is the content fresh?

thanks!
CEO
CEO
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Followers: 326

Kudos [?]: 1574 [0], given: 354

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod application [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2010, 21:03
Expert's post
gmatx101 wrote:
hi there - quick question regarding the toolkit. for the questions of the day, how was the content produced? i've been going through them and i think i've seen some of them elsewhere. is the content fresh?

thanks!

Thanks for the question. Let me ask BB.

NEW! GMAT ToolKit 2 (iOS) / GMAT ToolKit (Android) - The must have GMAT prep app | PrepGame

Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 1984

Kudos [?]: 6419 [0], given: 3565

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod application [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2010, 04:57
Expert's post
walker wrote:
gmatx101 wrote:

thanks!

Thanks for the question. Let me ask BB.

We don't produce questions specifically for this exercise, instead we have a system to generate them based on GMAT Club Tests and Forum Discussions where the best questions are found and put into blog post, and though it is largely an unmanned process, it usually ensures that questions are actually interesting and difficult.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Intern
Intern

GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod application [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2010, 06:38
awesome application! thank you so much for your work and dedication!
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod application [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2010, 08:18
Expert's post
derekjung80 wrote:
awesome application! thank you so much for your work and dedication!

Thanks! Your words add more energy to push development further :)
By the way, if you have any suggestion/idea, just let us know. I can't guarantee that we immediately implement all of them but some of them we probable can do fast.

Next update will be in a few weeks and will contain some very interesting innovations (Yeah, I wish I had them 2 years ago when I prepared for GMAT). Additionally we are going to add error/time log for OG Quant 1 and OG Verbal 1 as some of you asked. So, next update will be essential.

Best,
Walker

NEW! GMAT ToolKit 2 (iOS) / GMAT ToolKit (Android) - The must have GMAT prep app | PrepGame

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod application [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2010, 04:08
This is such a smooth app! And thanks for your dedication to it - looking forward to the error log.
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod application [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2010, 07:34
Expert's post
I've just finished new tools. Guys, can't wait to share with you information about a new update. You will get an incredibly powerful tool! We need a couple days to polish new features and add OG Verbal and Quant 1 error logs. I hope to submit it at the end of the week. Believe me, you won't be disappointed. :wink:

Best,
Walker

Intern
Intern

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod application [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2010, 11:19
So much less bulky than flash cards! This application is great because it allows me to study on the go. I would definitely recommend it to anyone studying for the GMAT. Best of luck to all you test takers our there.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod application [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2010, 16:04
this is such a nice application to have especially when you're on the go and you don't want to carry your flashcards with you :-D thx a lot for this app!
Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod application [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2010, 01:29
I'm still confused as to what this app does. Does it provide questions and answers from the books shown or is it just a timer?
1 KUDOS received
CEO
CEO

Kudos [?]: 1574 [1] , given: 354

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod application [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2010, 02:16
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
It is not just a timer (see app description). At the same time it doesn't contain GMAT questions so far (you may try free GMAT Club App with 111 hard quant questions). However, it will change in a week or so, as we release next update.

Best,
Walker

Posted from my mobile device Image

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: McCombs

Kudos [?]: 15 [1] , given: 22

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod application [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2010, 02:24
This post received
KUDOS
themenace wrote:
I'm still confused as to what this app does. Does it provide questions and answers from the books shown or is it just a timer?

It is a grader/error log and a timer. It also has flashcards (idioms) and math notes.

It is worth the investment due to the time is saves you from having to grade your OG 11 or 12 mpc's. If you're studying for the GMAT and have an iPhone, then it is a great app to keep track of your OG performance.

It does not contain answer explanations, it simply grades options 'A' through 'E'. If you're 1) organized, 2) able to keep track of all your answer sheets for the 1000+ questions in the OG books, 3) don't mind searching through your papers & keeping your %-age correct stats, 4) prefer writing out all your (1000+) answers on paper & don't mind flipping to the back of the book each time you want to check your answers, then you don't need the app.

It saves you a few minutes from having to grade and keep track of your grades (a process you will do several times while studying the OG books).

GMAT Retake - Summer/Fall 2010 Minimum 650, Goal 700
Resources - Kaplan Premiere, MGMAT Guides 1-8, OG12, Quant & Verbal

Please help me towards my goal of GMATclub tests and press +1 (kudos) if you like my posts.

1 KUDOS received
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod application [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2010, 09:14
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
ael719, thanks a lot!

1 KUDOS received
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod application [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2010, 11:00
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
I've added short information and screenshots of a new update that we are expect to release in 1-2 weeks.
So, it is the beginning of a new era for GMAT ToolKit. Now you can browse forum and create your own questions set.
Moreover, GMAT ToolKit will automatically scan GMAT Club Forum to find and add new questions to your set...
Zillion questions are now in your hand. :)

We need additional a couple days to test a new features to make them as smooth as possible.

Best,
Walker

Intern
Intern

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod application [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2010, 12:50
Thanks for the fast and detailed response.

To sum it up, the app is a timer + it tells me right away the answer as soon as I submit the answer. I'm glad it covers OG11 (or at least in the upcoming update) as that's what I have. It also includes all the questionnaires with answers from the forums, right?

A few additional questions. Do you guys have plans on updating it also for future OG releases (13, etc.)? And also I noticed that it also includes 2-3 other Kaplan books--do you recommend for us getting those books also?

Currently I have (I got them in 2008 but lack the motivation to proceed then :( ):
* Princeton Review - Cracking the GMAT 2008 Ed.
* Kaplan - GMAT Premier Program 2008 Ed.
* Kaplan OG 11th ed.

Thanks in advance.
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 183 [1] , given: 47

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod application [#permalink] New post 16 Feb 2010, 09:16
This post received
KUDOS
walker wrote:
I've added short information and screenshots of a new update that we are expect to release in 1-2 weeks.
So, it is the beginning of a new era for GMAT ToolKit. Now you can browse forum and create your own questions set.
Moreover, GMAT ToolKit will automatically scan GMAT Club Forum to find and add new questions to your set...
Zillion questions are now in your hand. :)

We need additional a couple days to test a new features to make them as smooth as possible.

Best,
Walker

Awesome Walker!!!! Zillion Kudos!! Am too exicted to update ma app! :)))

Cheers!
JT...........
If u like my post..... payback in Kudos!! :beer

|Do not post questions with OA|Please underline your SC questions while posting|Try posting the explanation along with your answer choice|
|For CR refer Powerscore CR Bible|For SC refer Manhattan SC Guide|

~~Better Burn Out... Than Fade Away~~

Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 1984

Kudos [?]: 6419 [0], given: 3565

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod application [#permalink] New post 16 Feb 2010, 14:26
Expert's post
Description is also available on iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gmat-too ... 45537?mt=8

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod application [#permalink] New post 16 Feb 2010, 15:28
Expert's post
Today GMAT ToolKit is featured in What's Hot in US Store!!!

1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 183 [1] , given: 47

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod application [#permalink] New post 16 Feb 2010, 15:39
This post received
KUDOS
walker wrote:
Today GMAT ToolKit is featured in What's Hot in US Store!!!

By when would the updates be available for the already existing users?

Cheers!
JT...........
If u like my post..... payback in Kudos!! :beer

|Do not post questions with OA|Please underline your SC questions while posting|Try posting the explanation along with your answer choice|
|For CR refer Powerscore CR Bible|For SC refer Manhattan SC Guide|

~~Better Burn Out... Than Fade Away~~

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod application   [#permalink] 16 Feb 2010, 15:39