Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 15:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 520 Q40 V21
GPA: 2.95
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 17 [1] , given: 24

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2012, 10:58
This post received
KUDOS
I just want to say that this is the best $25 I've spent. Amazing app with great functionality.

I also support the idea of adding a section that allows us to plug-in our mock test scores and breakdowns!
Expert Post
CEO
CEO
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Followers: 350

Kudos [?]: 1684 [0], given: 354

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2012, 12:09
Expert's post
Thanks for your words! There is nothing better than knowing that our app does help people!

Let me think about mock tests graph and maybe we can even add it in the next update.

HOT! GMAT TOOLKIT 2 (iOS) / GMAT TOOLKIT (Android) - The OFFICIAL GMAT CLUB PREP APP, a must-have app especially if you aim at 700+ | PrepGame

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V28
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 1

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 03 Apr 2012, 15:18
This post received
KUDOS
Hi walker, i want to report a bug with the last version of the app. Now, When i go to the practice session, I am unable to filter the questions by tag.

Image Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 03 Apr 2012, 16:22
Expert's post
Amablema, thanks for reporting the issue. We are going to fix it and submit the update in 2-3 days.

Thanks,
Walker

HOT! GMAT TOOLKIT 2 (iOS) / GMAT TOOLKIT (Android) - The OFFICIAL GMAT CLUB PREP APP, a must-have app especially if you aim at 700+ | PrepGame

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
WE: Project Management (Other)

Kudos [?]: 40 [1] , given: 16

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2012, 12:51
This post received
KUDOS
Walker: Sorry, I accidentally deleted the post. It was about when new Manhattan GMAT books will be available for in-app purchase in GMAT ToolKit and whether it will be possible to ugrade 4th edition to 5th one for free. Sorry about that

Kudos is a great way to say Thank you...

Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2012, 19:27
Expert's post
We are going to ask all those questions Manhattan GMAT and I let you know.

Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 10

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 07 Apr 2012, 06:25
Kindly provide same apps for anroide users...
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GPA: 3.7
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 22 [1] , given: 247

GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2012, 08:34
This post received
KUDOS
Hi walker,

having completed nearly 60% of all OG12 SC questions (while studying with MGMAT SC) I procrastinated entering all the data in my error log, just wrote down my answers, whether true/false, and the reason for mistakes. Now I found out what beauty you've created - the wonderful OG Tracker within my GMAT Toolkit and wanted to ask:

1. How to enter all answers to the questions which I've already solved without the timer running?
2. Is there a way to use the OG Tracker when doing OG questions, but not in the same sequence as they are in the OG book? (I'm currently doing them in the sequence proposed by MGMAT and so the timer automatically goes on to the next question, which I don't want to do right now)

I'll be grateful if you can elaborate on this two questions shortly!

Have a nice day! Again thanks for the great app and service you provide!

Thank you very much for reading this post till the end! Kudos?

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
CEO
CEO

Kudos [?]: 1684 [1] , given: 354

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2012, 08:59
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Thanks for your words!

1. Yes, you can add data from your e-log to the OG Tracker. Here is what you should do:

- save all data in the following format for each record: Books-OG12-DT-PS-1-00:03-B-sure-11:43:02|04092012;
1) Books-OG12 - code for OG12.
2) DT - id of section (DT - diagnostic test, PS, DS, RC, CR, SC)
3) PS - question type
4) 1 - question number
5) 00:03 - time in mm:ss format
6) B - answer {A,B,C,D,E}
7) sure - sure/guess
8) 11:43:02|04092012 - time|date

Example:
Books-OG13-DT-PS-1-00:03-B-sure-11:43:02|04092012;
Books-OG13-DT-PS-2-00:02-E-sure-11:43:02|04092012;
Books-OG13-DT-PS-3-00:02-A-sure-11:43:02|04092012;

Copy all formatted data into email and send it to your account you can access from your device. Open the email, copy all data and go to GMAT ToolKit > OG Trakcer > export > (from) clipboard.

2. You can use filter to see only questions with a certain tag(s) but you can't set, let's say, "show me 1st, 4th, 15th...". At the same time it would be easy for us to add it in the next update. That's actually a great idea!

Thanks for the questions and one good idea :)
Best,
Walker

2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 660 Q43 V38

Kudos [?]: 17 [2] , given: 36

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2012, 10:04
This post received
KUDOS
bgpower wrote:
Hi walker,

having completed nearly 60% of all OG12 SC questions (while studying with MGMAT SC) I procrastinated entering all the data in my error log, just wrote down my answers, whether true/false, and the reason for mistakes. Now I found out what beauty you've created - the wonderful OG Tracker within my GMAT Toolkit and wanted to ask:

1. How to enter all answers to the questions which I've already solved without the timer running?
2. Is there a way to use the OG Tracker when doing OG questions, but not in the same sequence as they are in the OG book? (I'm currently doing them in the sequence proposed by MGMAT and so the timer automatically goes on to the next question, which I don't want to do right now)

I'll be grateful if you can elaborate on this two questions shortly!

Have a nice day! Again thanks for the great app and service you provide!

As for the 2nd question, you could also buy Manhattan GMAT's OG guide within the app. The ebook is linked to the OG tracker. If you are in the ebook and want to do questions by topic, the OG tracker will give you only that selection of questions from the OG, and your answers will be saved both in the tracker as well as the OG guide.

Currently that's only possible for OG12 though. But I think that's good enough.

By the way, walker - about two months ago I reported (via email) a small typo within the OG guide (see attached screenshot, under percents). Would really appreciate if that could be fixed at some point. Thanks a lot!

I also had a question regarding the practice questions inside the GMAT Toolkit. Are these the same as the GMATClub Tests, or is there some kind of overlap? I'm not sure whether to use those practice questions and/or the GMATClub Tests.
Attachments

Foto.PNG
Foto.PNG [ 130.15 KiB | Viewed 4505 times ]

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2012, 13:44
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Thanks!

- I remember the issue with OG12 percents links. Sorry about that. We will fix it in a few days.
- 311 questions in GMAT ToolKit are the hardest questions from GMAT Club Tests.

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GPA: 3.7
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 22 [1] , given: 247

GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2012, 00:43
This post received
KUDOS
Walker, thank's very much buddy! I've incorporated all my results/questions.

If anyone needs information on that: The codes for the following books are:
- Original Guide Verbal - OG Verbal
- Original Guide Quant - OG Quant
- Original Guide Verbal 2 - OG Verbal 2
- Original Guide Quant 2 - OG Quant 2

Regards,

Thank you very much for reading this post till the end! Kudos?

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2012, 04:17
This post received
KUDOS
So much less bulky than flash cards! This application is great because it allows me to study on the go. I would definitely recommend it to anyone studying for the GMAT.
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2012, 11:49
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
We are going to submit 1.6.14 update in 1-2 days. What's new:

+ fixed the tags problem (tags in the filter disappear after updating to 1.6.13).
+ filter questions by numbers in the OG Tracker tool (For example, 1, 2, 5, 12, 34). It's very useful if you use Manhattan GMAT books or other books that are referring to a specific sets of problems in the OG guides).
+ fixed "Percents" section in the MGMAT OG Companion book (Part VI).

Thanks for feedback!!!

Best,
Walker

Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2012, 14:41
Expert's post
For those of you who have the MGMAT OG Companion book, please open the Store (GMAT ToolKit). You will see "update available" under the icon of the book. Tap the "update" button (the top-right corner) to update the book.

Jfk, please let me know whether it fixes the typo.

Thanks,
Walker

Manager
Manager
WE: Project Management (Other)

Kudos [?]: 40 [0], given: 16

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 13 Apr 2012, 06:19
Hi Walker,

I can't wait to try out this app. I am actually going to buy an iPad very soon and the GMAT ToolKit will be my first app on it.
Do you guys have stats about how many you sold total/ over time / by version?
Any way to know whether people use it on 1/ iPhone 2/ipod Touch 3/ iPad 4/a combination of those?

Can you actually 'sync' the data (scores, history of tests results, etc...) between multiple devices?

Greg

Kudos is a great way to say Thank you...

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 660 Q43 V38

Kudos [?]: 17 [1] , given: 36

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 13 Apr 2012, 07:03
This post received
KUDOS
walker wrote:
Jfk, please let me know whether it fixes the typo.

Thanks,
Walker

Yes - it's fixed now - thanks a lot!

GreginChicago wrote:
Hi Walker,

I can't wait to try out this app. I am actually going to buy an iPad very soon and the GMAT ToolKit will be my first app on it.
Do you guys have stats about how many you sold total/ over time / by version?
Any way to know whether people use it on 1/ iPhone 2/ipod Touch 3/ iPad 4/a combination of those?

Can you actually 'sync' the data (scores, history of tests results, etc...) between multiple devices?

Greg

I use it on the iPad more frequently, in combination with the Bamboo stylus on the scratchboard that is part of any in-app ebook or OG tracker.

You can manually sync your data between devices, if you email yourself the raw data (option easy available within the trackers). You then copy paste into the app. It's not automatic, but it's easy enough IMHO.

I also just realized the great value of the timer. If I wanna do Sackmann's questions, I can use the app's timer to keep track of those questions, or any other questions from other books.

As for the usefulness on the iPhone: it's nice to have your MGMAT ebooks available anywhere you are. I have my iPhone with me more frequently than the iPad. The game is nice for on-the-way-practice and the hard quant questions are good too, though I prefer using the iPad's scratchboard (bigger). If you wanna practice on the iPhone I highly recommend MGMAT's free flashcards, they don't require any heavy sketches / calculations that would require a scratchboard. The questions are of very good quality and you can track your progress / practice different content areas etc.
Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 13 Apr 2012, 07:25
Expert's post
Hi Greg,

We keep only general stats and what I know for sure that GMAT Toolkit is the best selling GMAT prep app over 2 years (it's true). People use it on different devices but recently we have started to move away from supporting old iOS versions. Currently the app requires iOS 4.2 or later and we going to keep 4.2 as the least supported iOS for awhile. (roughly 98% of all active iOS devices use >=4.x iOS and 79% - >=5.0 iOS).

Yes, you can transfer data between devices. Now, it requires some manual work but we are working on version 2.0 that will allow you to synchronize data seamlessly between devices.

Best,
Walker

ADDED: Thanks Jkf

Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2012, 08:13
Expert's post
Heads-up: Apple is still reviewing the 1.6.14 update. I hope the update will be approved tomorrow or in a few days.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2012, 19:42
walker wrote:
Heads-up: Apple is still reviewing the 1.6.14 update. I hope the update will be approved tomorrow or in a few days.

It was available as of at least 5 minutes ago...
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application   [#permalink] 17 Apr 2012, 19:42