Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 12:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
CEO
CEO
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Followers: 362

Kudos [?]: 1785 [0], given: 358

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2011, 15:43
Expert's post
1.6.7 update is available for download. What's new:

+ improved Flashcards interface. (one-hand adapted, consecutive order and reversed side mode added)
+ 2 new in-app books from Manhattan GMAT: "Advanced GMAT Quant" & "Fundation of GMAT Verbal" for just $9.99 each
+ 30+ other improvements and fixes.

HOT! GMAT TOOLKIT 2 (iOS) / GMAT TOOLKIT (Android) - The OFFICIAL GMAT CLUB PREP APP, a must-have app especially if you aim at 700+ | PrepGame

Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2011, 05:26
Expert's post
Thanks!

That's a great idea! We are now negotiating with admission consulting companies over their participation in MBA ToolKit app. When we get our first partner, we will be ready to consider adding books more related to essays and general admission process.

Best,
Walker

HOT! GMAT TOOLKIT 2 (iOS) / GMAT TOOLKIT (Android) - The OFFICIAL GMAT CLUB PREP APP, a must-have app especially if you aim at 700+ | PrepGame

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2011, 18:40
ondraled wrote:
Hey Walker,

thanks for the swift reply. I have tried the suggested approach to syncing, but no luck so far. I got stuck when I tried to copy all the contents of the mailed data and then clicked clipboard in the import page app (nothing happens). Maybe the problem is I downloaded additional practice questions for my iPhone and haven't done so on the iPad yet. Will try and let you know.

It is not a big deal anyway, was mostly curious (can always redo some of the questions, can't really hurt, right? ;) ). Regarding the export of data from MGMAT's OG tracker I will try and email their tech support (they do not have the export option within their webpage).

One thing that I think might help people like me would be a comprehensive FAQ (sorry if it exists, have been really busy lately) that could perhaps be accessible from the app - or some other form of "tech support". And definitely the seamless sync (as in a proper sync - combining data from iPhone and iPad apps). Will let you know in case I come up with anything else. :)

O.

I'm having the same problem. I'm trying to transfer my stats from one Ipad to another (since I changed to Ipad 2), but nothing happens when I click the "Clipboard" button. I also downloaded some extra questions in the first Ipad. Is there a solution for this issue?

Thanks a lot.
Jose
Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2011, 19:00
Expert's post
Hi Jose,

Yes, there is a problem with export/import functionality in 1.6.7. We are going to submit 1.6.8 update in a few days that fixes the problem.
Fortunately, there is a way to make it work. Copy your data to any text processing program and substitute all [1] to A, [2] to B, [3] to C, [4] to D, and [5] to E. Then use the modified file.
We have changed internal representation of data and didn't test all other parts of the app carefully. Sorry about that.

If you still can't resolve the issue, send your data to me.

Thanks,
Walker

Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2011, 14:02
Expert's post
Hi,

You can get more than 3K questions. The app has restriction on the number of unsolved questions. You can have up to 125 for each type. As you progress through the set, you will be able to download more questions (up to 3K) that you need the most. In other words, If you solve 50 CR questions, you can download 50 CR more to have at least 100 unsolved CR questions in the database.

Let me know if you have any other questions

Thanks,
Walker

Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GPA: 3.7
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 264

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2011, 06:53
Hi walker,

thanks very much for this wonderful App. As I plan to sit for GMAT until the major change in June 2012 it will be of great help. I will just need to finally buy a iPhone/iPad ;)

Just a quick question as I am in the process of choosing my preparation materials. Where do all the potential questions come from (those in the app and those whichh I'll be able to download later on)? You mention that questions are from multiple publishing companies as MGMAT, Kaplan, Knewton etc. Are they the same questions included in the printed workbooks of those companies?

Keep developing this wonderful thing,

Dimitar

Thank you very much for reading this post till the end! Kudos?

Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2011, 07:12
Thanks for the quick reply! I understand that you don't know the exact resources and this is normal. Just wanted to understand if an overlay between questions from preparation books and the app is to be expected, but well, on the other hand - repetition in this case might be the best preparation.

I will definitely buy it, but will just need some days to get a kind of Apple device. Would you recommend the iPad because of the bigger screen or is the iPhone version also well optimized?

Dimitar

Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2011, 07:22
Expert's post
I would say there is definitely an overlap (they didn't create exclusive questions just for us) but I don't know exactly from which source they took them.

The app is optimized for both iPhone/iPod and iPad. Just think about what would be more convenient for you to use. Probably iPhone is good in subway or when you on-the-go and don't have comfortable place to sit down and work with iPad and you can work with iPhone using only one hand.

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2277

Kudos [?]: 8796 [0], given: 3666

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2011, 08:08
Expert's post
I can address that piece.
I believe the questions are not from the books.

The MGMAT questions are their challenge questions (the hardest questions they have and are a collection of various topics and tuypes)

Kaplan is also not from the text books based on what we have been told

Knewton is the only part I am not sure about but since every course comes with 6,000 questions, I doubt taking 200 Knewton questions will make a difference

Let me know if any other questions.
BB.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2011, 09:47
Hi guys,

thanks to both of you for the answers. As I already said - its not crucial if some of the questions repeat, I just wanted to know. As I am going to focus myself mainly on MGMAT sources, your product/app provides me with additional value in offering questions from other companies. So thanks for the information. I will definitely come back with my feedback in some days/weeks.

Cheers!

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2277

Kudos [?]: 8796 [0], given: 3666

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2011, 10:13
Expert's post
Sure! Any feedback would be really appreciated!

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT Date: 03-10-2012
GPA: 3

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 50

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2011, 07:35
walker wrote:
Hi,

You can get more than 3K questions. The app has restriction on the number of unsolved questions. You can have up to 125 for each type. As you progress through the set, you will be able to download more questions (up to 3K) that you need the most. In other words, If you solve 50 CR questions, you can download 50 CR more to have at least 100 unsolved CR questions in the database.

Let me know if you have any other questions

Thanks,
Walker

Thx!
This app is really helpful for people like me (80% on business trips).
Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2011, 07:48
Expert's post
✩ Apple uses GMAT ToolKit for demonstration of "great content for learning" within K12 school districts and schools, as well as Higher Education Universities and Colleges!

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 6

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 20 Nov 2011, 06:05
Hello All,

I am facing difficulty in creating custom tests. How do I bookmark multiple questions and create a custom test, attempt it and store the info? For example, I want to bookmark multiple PS questions around Number Probability (spread across OG12 and Quant 2nd Ed.), create a custom test, solve it and see how I performed and save a history of the same.

Is there a user guide available some where? (the tutorial videos are very basic, they do not help at all).

Thanks!
Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 20 Nov 2011, 07:37
Expert's post
Hi,

You mentioned OG12 and Quant 2nd Ed. books, so you are talking about the OG Tracker tool, right?
If yes, the OG Traker doesn't have an option to bookmark/flag specific questions and form custom sets/lists. Instead, you can open any section of a book, use a filter to see only questions you got wrong or only with special tags and solve them again.

At the same time to be able to form such lists ("Toughest SC" or "tricky DS" lists for example) in the OG Tracker and Practice is a great idea and we need to think about how to realize it in the app.

Thanks,
Walker

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 6

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 20 Nov 2011, 07:50
Thanks walker. In that case, when you say ability to create custom tests, what do you mean by that? What sort of custom tests can I create?
Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 20 Nov 2011, 08:05
Expert's post
In the Practice you can add to the app as many questions as you want if you put them in special format.
Practice > Filter > "+" ---> create a custom set with 0 questions --> Edit --> add questions

This feature is not used very often but some of our users find it useful to add a couple of questions they want to keep in one place (the app).

Intern
Intern
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 206 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2011, 00:41
I got this gmatclub app installed in my i-phone 3gs. Its amazing. Thank you guys so much. I am lovin it.
But it has only 111 Math questions.

Are there any plans to include verbal questions too?
It would be also be just great if we could write practice tests on the i-phone itself with another application. Do you guys have any plans for this too?
Expert Post
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2011, 04:45
Expert's post
You have GMAT Club app that is a light version of GMAT ToolKit. GMAT ToolKit has almost 1000 built-in questions (including verbal questions) + up to 3000 questions can be downloaded from GMAT Club forums. App Store link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gmat/id328345537?mt=8

We are working on adding quiz mode to the app.

Best,
Walker

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 24 Nov 2011, 07:41
good app
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application   [#permalink] 24 Nov 2011, 07:41