Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Sep 2014, 00:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
CEO
CEO
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Followers: 363

Kudos [?]: 1793 [1] , given: 358

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 05 Aug 2011, 07:29
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
The issue was resolved.

We will modify the Filter in the Practice tool in future updates to make it more intuitive and avoid confusion.

Best,
Walker

HOT! GMAT TOOLKIT 2 (iOS) / GMAT TOOLKIT (Android) - The OFFICIAL GMAT CLUB PREP APP, a must-have app especially if you aim at 700+ | PrepGame

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: Wharton,NY Stern,INSEAD,Stanford
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 29 [1] , given: 25

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 17 Aug 2011, 14:35
This post received
KUDOS
Can we have pop-up for gmat question of the day?

Regards,
Nagesh
My GMAT Study Plan: my-gmat-study-plan-112833.html
Idioms List : gmat-idioms-104283.html?hilit=idioms#p813231
--------------------------------------
Consider Kudos if you like my posts

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: Wharton,NY Stern,INSEAD,Stanford

Kudos [?]: 29 [1] , given: 25

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 19 Aug 2011, 05:26
This post received
KUDOS
Let me give u example, dictionary app push the word of the day to display every morning without opening the application. Like dictionary, GMAT-toolKit displays question of the day that will be very good.

Regards,
Nagesh
My GMAT Study Plan: my-gmat-study-plan-112833.html
Idioms List : gmat-idioms-104283.html?hilit=idioms#p813231
--------------------------------------
Consider Kudos if you like my posts

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 15 [1] , given: 12

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 29 Aug 2011, 21:51
This post received
KUDOS
There is something wrong with the OG tracker after I downloaded the latest update. I used the search tag in the OG Tracker to group all the "Geometry" questions together. Then, as I inputed the answer for the LAST question on Geometry, the GMAT Toolkit exited to the Apple home screen. When I went back to the OG Tracker, all the data (answer + time) from that session was erased. So I repeated the process 3 times, and I got the same result.

Posted from my mobile device Image
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 41 [1] , given: 17

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 01 Sep 2011, 12:08
This post received
KUDOS
It would be great to have "customizable vibration alert" in OG tracker. Currently, this feature is in the Timer but NOT in the OG tacker. Thx.
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 15 Sep 2011, 12:44
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
We are going to submit 1.6.6 update next week. What's new:

- integration with Quizlet.com - access to millions of flashcards on GMAT, Vocabulary etc.
- 2 new topics in the Game: Percents and Probability&Counting (the last levels as always pretty tough :))
- springboard customization. Rearrange tool icons as you rearrange iPhone/iPad apps.
- memory optimization to speed up the app on older devices.

Best,
Walker

HOT! GMAT TOOLKIT 2 (iOS) / GMAT TOOLKIT (Android) - The OFFICIAL GMAT CLUB PREP APP, a must-have app especially if you aim at 700+ | PrepGame

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 30 Sep 2011, 18:07
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Our new app is now available for download!

PrepGame for iPhone/iPad - Click Here to See on iTunes

LIMITED TIME OFFER: PrepGame is FREE until October 15, 2011! Get it now!

Are you thinking about starting your preparation or looking for additional tools to boost your study plan? Get PrepGame – a fun way to supplement your books/course and improve your performance on the test day.

✩ Standardized tests covered: SAT, ACT, GMAT, GRE
✩ From the creators of the best selling GMAT prep app (GMAT ToolKit).

PrepGame uses a unique method to turn your SAT / ACT / GMAT / GRE preparation into a fun game. Get the maximum number of stars, unlock new levels and beat highscores - all of this is possible only if you master the key tested concepts under time pressure. Instead of limited set of exam-like questions, PrepGame generates short questions (more than 1 million unique combinations) generated on-the-fly and if you take the same level over and over again – you will always see new questions and won’t be able to pass by trying to memorize the answers (except the most basic concepts that has to memorized). You have to apply and master the learned concepts every time. (You have only 10-20 sec to crack a question).

Want to improve your score even more? Look through the review section to study each question you encountered in the game. Did you guess one? Did it take too long? Make sure you know how to solve it fast! Click on the Review.

The first version of the game contains 3 math topics:
✓ Properties of integers;
✓ Percents
✓ Probability and Counting;
We keep adding more and more topics.

!!! CAUTION !!!: As most of the games, PrepGame doesn’t explain how to beat it leaving an intrigue for you to figure out. So, do your homework finding a key to each type of questions. If you can’t unlock the last few levels, remember, they are very HARD to beat under time pressure and getting 3 starts is challenging even for experienced tutors. If you do get 3 starts on the last few levels, you are REALLY good!

Are you still thinking about getting it? Come on, it's just a game, give it a try! :)

✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩✩

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2011, 12:07
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
viking880 wrote:
Awesome dude... I'll update mine.
Hey... One more time, can you confirm that the interactive MGMAT SC book comes with the 6 MGMAT practice test access?

Yes :)

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Leadership
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V40
GMAT 2: 730 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.03
WE: Marketing (Real Estate)

Kudos [?]: 13 [1] , given: 12

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2011, 05:52
This post received
KUDOS
Hey Walker,

first of all thanks for the awesome app. I am sure it is going to prove to be more than worth the money.

I have a couple questions since I am not sure where else to ask.

1) I've been using the app on my iPhone, just bought my new iPad 2 today. Is there any way to sync the progress (OG tracker, practice results) between the two, such as through MobileMe - iCloud, Dropbox? If not, can you suggest how to transfer my progress from the iPhone into the iPad and the other way? I will be mostly using the app on the iPad but you know, there are places where I'll probably just sit around with my iPhone... ;)

2) I have used MGMAT's OG Tracker, is there a way to get my stats into the app?

3) Why not include the rest of the GMAT Math Review (by GmatClub) in the review section? Or perhaps make it a very cheap in-app purchase, in case $ is the motivation for not including it?

Thanks!

Ondrej
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2011, 07:20
This post received
KUDOS
Hey Walker,

thanks for the swift reply. I have tried the suggested approach to syncing, but no luck so far. I got stuck when I tried to copy all the contents of the mailed data and then clicked clipboard in the import page app (nothing happens). Maybe the problem is I downloaded additional practice questions for my iPhone and haven't done so on the iPad yet. Will try and let you know.

It is not a big deal anyway, was mostly curious (can always redo some of the questions, can't really hurt, right? ;) ). Regarding the export of data from MGMAT's OG tracker I will try and email their tech support (they do not have the export option within their webpage).

One thing that I think might help people like me would be a comprehensive FAQ (sorry if it exists, have been really busy lately) that could perhaps be accessible from the app - or some other form of "tech support". And definitely the seamless sync (as in a proper sync - combining data from iPhone and iPad apps). Will let you know in case I come up with anything else. :)

O.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2011, 05:14
This post received
KUDOS
Hey all,

first of all, after a week or so of using the app, I must say it is definitely worth getting - it is just awesome to be able to review stuff and practice when one is waiting/commuting etc. I am a little sad that I ordered the Advanced Quant MGMAT book thru Amazon about two weeks ago, since you've made it available for less thru the app.

Walker, have you considered adding books more related to essays and general admission proccess (Great apps for bschools etc.) ?
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT Date: 03-10-2012
GPA: 3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 50

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2011, 12:13
This post received
KUDOS
This app is great
Thx for that
One question: how can I download all practice questions? I only got 1476 questions ( I know this Is quite enough but it would be nice to have all 3000 )

Posted from my mobile device Image
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2011, 07:02
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Hi,

Here is the list of all questions included in GMAT ToolKit:
✓ 63 questions from Kaplan
✓ 103 questions from Knewton
✓ 77 challenge questions from Manhattan GMAT
✓ 202 questions from Princeton Review
✓ 236 questions from Manhattan Review
✓ 311 extra hard 700+ quantitative questions

I can't say from which source each partners provided us with questions. It may be books, online tests or any other source.

You can get up 3000+ from GMAT Club forums. The app will scan the forum for questions and add them to the local base, so you can keep all questions in your device.

Please let me know if you have any other questions,
Walker

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 660 Q43 V38

Kudos [?]: 22 [1] , given: 36

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2011, 07:54
This post received
KUDOS
Hi,

let me add my 2ct of appreciation to this thread as well - really awesome app, defiinitely worth the money!

I was also wondering about the time frame we can expect for the other MGMAT strategy guides to become available in the interactive format?

I am currently deciding whether or not to purchase the MGMAT self prep course - since they offer their strategy guides in ebook format as well (epub), I'm trying to decide whether I should go for the in-app ebooks and do my own studying without the selfprep course or not.

Thanks a lot!
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2011, 10:00
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Thanks for your words!

Manhattan GMAT Books in interactive format are definitely the most popular thing in the app. We are thinking about converting MGMAT CR guide as a next step but still waiting for critical mass of users to go further.

Best,
Walker

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 02-20-2012
GPA: 3.28
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 0

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2012, 20:48
This post received
KUDOS
walker,

I just bought the app off of a recommendation from a friend, and am extremely excited to fully utilize it. I've been studying with the OG books and tracking my progress through Manhattan GMAT's OG Archer tool on their website, but I like the setup/interface of the GMAT Toolkit app much better. I'm wondering...is there any way to manually input data into this app? For instance, I've done about 1/3 of the problems in Quant 2nd and Verbal 2nd, and have used OG Archer to track progress, time, etc. In lieu of going through each question in the app and waiting until that question's corresponding time matches what it took me to answer using OG Archer, is there a manual time/answer input into the OG Tracker section so I can still see accurate progress? (instead of going through the OG questions I've completed and inputting answers in the app, skewing the average time on the quick side and making me think I'm flying through each question...)

I know this conundrum may be a bit confusing, but any help you can provide would be wonderful.

Thanks!
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: IE '15 (M)
GMAT 1: Q V
WE: Consulting (Telecommunications)

Kudos [?]: 22 [1] , given: 7

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2012, 05:48
This post received
KUDOS
Thanks to all contributors helping to make the App as great as it is. I bought it myself and love it! I can use it whenever i can spare some minutes and want to solve questions, get information or concepts while waiting for the bus or killing time at any doctor appointment i have. GREAT!!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT Date: 03-10-2012

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 50

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2012, 12:57
This post received
KUDOS
MSoS wrote:
Thanks to all contributors helping to make the App as great as it is. I bought it myself and love it! I can use it whenever i can spare some minutes and want to solve questions, get information or concepts while waiting for the bus or killing time at any doctor appointment i have. GREAT!!

Same here. Its a great App. Specially ob ipad2

Image Posted from GMAT ToolKit
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 660 Q43 V38

Kudos [?]: 22 [1] , given: 36

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2012, 21:57
This post received
KUDOS
walker,

for the past few weeks I have been using the OG tracker a lot, especially in combination with the interactive version of MGMAt's OG companion - this is such an amazing combination, it really saves me of a lot if time and allows me to study more efficiently. So thanks a lot for that!

Anyway, I was wondering about the following things:

1) When exactly does my work get saved in the OG tracker? I sometimes stop studying and leave my iPad without properly closing out from the Gmat Toolkit, or I shut down my iPad when the Toolkit is still running. I then see that my work has not been saved, which is a little annoying. So now I have become more careful and will always properly close the app, and back up my work more often than before. Do you think there can be a better/more efficient way of making sure that my work is saved?

2) I noticed that sometimes MGMAT's answer explanation is missing for a particular question. Whenever this is the case, I go to the previous or next question - and there I will find the answer explanation for my question together with the explanation of that question (e.g. Q62, p278 of DS; or Q161, p287). I don't think this happens very often, so it's not that bad - I just think it could be easy to fix.

3) Is there any way you could incorporate MGMAT's tags to the log? I just find them way more helpful.

Thanks a lot for your help!
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
CEO
CEO

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application [#permalink] New post 14 Feb 2012, 18:23
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Hi jfk,

Thanks for you words about the app!
We are working on issues you reported and I going to send you pm tomorrow with some questions that could help us to figure out what went wrong in your case.

Best,
Walker

Re: GMAT ToolKit: iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android application   [#permalink] 14 Feb 2012, 18:23