Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 13:06 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 13:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 3.35
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3670 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64880 [0]
Given Kudos: 426
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: GMAT Troubles, advice please? [#permalink]
Hi gmatpill!
I tried the GMAT prep tests as the last 2 tests before I took the exam but there was no correlation. My test was scheduled at 12:30 pm so I made sure I took the tests during the afternoon on weekends. While I was taking the exam, I felt that the quantitative was relatively easy and the verbal was not as hard as the practice tests that I took earlier. I did not consider the psychological aspects of the test when I took it. I will work more on that and replicate it during the practice exams.

hi VeritasPrepKarishma!
I used the Chili hot GMAT book for learning about the SC and CR rules. After I browsed through this website, I realized I am not using the correct books for studying the GMAT.
I have looked through the GMATclub website for the recommended books and I already have the the Manhattan GMAT for SC and Manhattan GMAT for CR. I am reviewing both of these books and take notes thoroughly before I take the next practice exam. I have also got the Kaplan premier book for more practice tests.

After I am finished reading the MGMAT books, I will start practicing 10 SC questions and 10 CR questions a day. For SC questions, I will have a time limit of 15 minutes and similarly I will use 20 minutes for CR questions. Once I am able to get all of the questions correct, I will start on the practice exams. For practicing problems, I also googled a 1000SC questions and I found a link where I can find a 1000 SC questions from actual GMAT tests. Is there something like that for CR questions? For me, the concepts are easy to understand for the verbal section but I cannot find many practice problems for them. I also found out there is a question bank in Manhattan GMAT websites so I am going to use that too. One of the mistakes I did in my previous studying habits was not keeping track of my mistakes and LEARN from them. This time I intend to take notes for each of the those questions which I missed and continue to work on it until I remember those mistakes and change them.

Thank you very much for your advice!

If you have any other advice on how I should continue to practice for SC and CR questions, please let me know. I will keep you posted on my results after the first practice exam.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Everyone!

I have finished reading the Manhattan books for SC and CR.

Now, I have started to take the practice problems in the 1000SC website ( for anyone else who wants to find this just google 1000SC and it is the first link.

I have been through this similar exercise before where I have practiced many SC questions and CR questions but when I took the GMAT, my verbal score remained the same. This time I am keeping track of my errors and ensuring that I learn from it. Is there anything else that I need to do to improve my confidence with SC & CR questions? Currently I have been practicing SC and CR questions and I have not been able to get consistent performances. For the CR questions, I make sure to read the chapter again before taking the questions to make sure that the concept is enforced before I start working on the practice problems.

My current resources for practice are:

- 1000 SC website
- OG12
- GMAT Verbal Review
- Kaplan Website (not started to use yet)

I also wanted some advice on time management. My biggest problem has been the time I spend at work. I understand I am supposed to spend 2 hours day during weekdays but some of the weekdays, I cannot because of work. On the other hand, I am able to spend more time during the weekend to make up for the time I could not study during the week. How does everyone else manage their time to study with an intense work schedule?

Thanks for the advice!
bfncam2
GMAT Club Bot