Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 14:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAT Verbal prep using LSAT book

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 13

GMAT Verbal prep using LSAT book [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2010, 02:30
Can some one who has successfully utilized an LSAT book for GMAT Critical Reasoning and Reading Comprehension preparation, share the name of the book they used? I hear most LSAT prep books (including the actual test guides) don't have detailed explanations for the answers....I need the detailed explanations, as I'm weak with CR (Assumption, Conclusion, Evaluate the Conclusion Qs) and want to improve RC. Many thanks.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 192 [0], given: 10

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Verbal prep using LSAT book [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2010, 05:20
sher676 wrote:
Can some one who has successfully utilized an LSAT book for GMAT Critical Reasoning and Reading Comprehension preparation, share the name of the book they used? I hear most LSAT prep books (including the actual test guides) don't have detailed explanations for the answers....I need the detailed explanations, as I'm weak with CR (Assumption, Conclusion, Evaluate the Conclusion Qs) and want to improve RC. Many thanks.

kaplan explanations are available for LAST old paper. for each paper set they have detailed explanation, including cr and rc. you can search "kaplan explanation for LSAT prep".
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 13

Re: GMAT Verbal prep using LSAT book [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2010, 06:17
Thanks. I just read up on the reviews for the Kaplan LSAT prep book and it turns out the answer explanations are not very helpful and are generally quite convoluted. Is there another source? What do you think of Powerscore CR Bible? Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 192 [0], given: 10

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAT Verbal prep using LSAT book [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2010, 09:05
sher676 wrote:
Thanks. I just read up on the reviews for the Kaplan LSAT prep book and it turns out the answer explanations are not very helpful and are generally quite convoluted. Is there another source? What do you think of Powerscore CR Bible? Thanks.

it's rightly mentioned. explanations are tailored according to correct answer. correct answer does not require more explanation. explanations are required to incorrect one and Kaplan does just reverse. Kaplan provides explanation of correct one and other mostly it says absurd.
SO follow Powerscore CR bible. it's wonderful book. it will make the life so easy.. i studied 2-3times and learned by heart the rules and nature of argument.
Director
Director
Affiliations: Consortium (CGSM.org), NSHMBA
Schools: Yale SOM Class of 2012
WE 1: Investment Banking Summer Associate (Boutique tech M&A)
Followers: 35

Kudos [?]: 213 [0], given: 111

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: GMAT Verbal prep using LSAT book [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2010, 14:10
sher676 wrote:

The main CR book I used was the Powerscore LR Bible (the CR Bible is the GMAT equivalent, and is slightly different). Here is a link to it on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/LSAT-Logical-Reas ... 0980178258.

The full length LSAT tests do not have a full explanation of the answers, only answer keys. The Powerscore book did have some good explanations for the answers, though.

I've never used the Powerscore reading comp bible, so I can't comment on that.

GMAT Debrief

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: GMAT Verbal prep using LSAT book   [#permalink] 19 Apr 2010, 14:10