Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 00:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Gmatclub is taking my time!!! Help

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Director
Director
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 72 [0], given: 0

Gmatclub is taking my time!!! Help [#permalink] New post 11 Jul 2007, 18:41
Help me guys ..Its been a month since I started GMAT preparation and joined this club .
I am a working professinal and have very little time left after work . So I try spending atleast 2 hours for GMAT . But guess what ? My most time is spent browsing gmatclub . This is awsome learning site but at the same time additive ....so I am mostly glued to this rather studying...and i have just a month left now...
So is there a tip on how much one should spent on gmatclub .. :)

Ashish
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 11 Jul 2007, 19:32
Hey common, you cannot say like that. Even if you are just browsing through GMATClub, you are learning many new things.
For ex: If you go through 1 SC question in verbal forum, you learn why it is correct as there are some wonderful explainations given by experts and woud be experts. SOme of these explainations, you may not find in your book.

If you think GMATClub is taking more time, then make a schedule. Study for some time and allot say half and hour per day to GMATClub. Get into the forum and solve questions. Solving questions posted on the forum is as good as solving them by yourself from a book. So just see it like a learning tool like OG, PR etc.

Dont forget to make contributions , this will make others know you and you can have some wonderful discussions. It is a great place you know.
Director
Director

[#permalink] New post 12 Jul 2007, 12:51
Dude I am not denying that fact this forum is not helping .Infact all what I have learned for my GMAT , I owe it to this club . I am still hanging around even if I got 600 in my prep exam just because this site boosts confidence to people like us..to touch the 700+ mark..
I was just joking that this forum being so addictive does take lot of time . I guess you rightly said ..I need to schedule my time ....

Gosh....Even I right on this forum...I am skeptical whether I am gmatically correct or not ....U see what gmatclub has done to me!!!.. :)
SVP
SVP
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 87 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 12 Jul 2007, 13:36
You're doing the right thing. Don't bother with the lower forums yet. That's for those who gradute from upper forums (finish with gmat). Read the experiences, they are truly inspirational. Then read about strategy in the gmat forum. But don't neglect the math and verbal forums, you will meet your gmat peers there. You can almost predict who will break 700 or not by discussing problems there with your peers.

I chanced upon this site early in my prep, and I too was addicted.

And I'm grateful for it.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming
Followers: 65

Kudos [?]: 338 [0], given: 14

[#permalink] New post 12 Jul 2007, 17:07
I must agree on how useful this site has been. I've been "tempted" (and gave in) to read the lower forums on B-school apps, and it has helped me GREATLY! I mean, I'll only have less than a month to study for my GMAT, which is late by many standards, but at least I'm starting my school search, essay topic brainstorming, and getting good recommenders signed up earlier than most people. That's the more important stuff anyways.

But yeah, like most people say, don't sacrifice GMAT study time and only read GMAT Club forums. Set a schedule and stick to it. Say, "4 hours on Saturday and 4 hours on Sunday" and do it! Turn off your internet if you have to. :P
BSchool Thread Master
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 123

[#permalink] New post 14 Jul 2007, 04:07
You should come up with a good and better schedule

For example,

Monday - OG Verbal #1-15, recheck answers. OG Quant #40-55, recheck answers

Tuesday - OG Verbal #16-30, recheck answers.

Wednesday - Break.

Try it :)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

[#permalink] New post 14 Jul 2007, 09:48
good suggestion. That's sort of how I do it these days. Like yesterday, I said I would do 3 chapters of Manhattan SC book (which is an AMAZING BOOK for SC btw, highly recommended!) along with questions from OG and reading answers, and I did that.

Today I will do 2-3 more chapters, and same with tomorrow. Then I'm done with the book. I will review it from beginning to end again probably a week before the test.
Director
Director

[#permalink] New post 14 Jul 2007, 19:05
Thanks for your suggestion guys...you guys keep me going...But here is a question and see if you can help me...I took the prep test ..and I got 600 ..my scores were quant 47 and verbal around 25..( my verbal sucks) ..but the number of questions which I had right was almost same for both quant and verbal ..Like I got around 50% correct in both ..I am not sure how that translate into 47 and 25 ..
Do we have any thread which explains the scoring pattern ..?
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 14 Jul 2007, 19:21
Yes there are lot of discussions in this forum regarding scoring patterns. I think it does not depend on how many questions you got it right or wrong.
It depends on how many difficult questions you got right. Thats the basic principle of any CAT.

By the way, looking at your prep scores, you should be happy, your quant is wonderful . With a little bit of smart prep on verbal , you can easily get 700+. Good luck .
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

[#permalink] New post 14 Jul 2007, 21:18
I'd personally work on Sentence Correction first, as it's the easiest to "learn". It's harder to learn reading comprehension and critical reasoning, especially if English is not your native language.

Just a thought.
  [#permalink] 14 Jul 2007, 21:18