Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 15 Sep 2014, 23:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMATCLUB test scores

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.7
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

GMATCLUB test scores [#permalink] New post 04 Jul 2012, 12:10
Hi ,

I have been taking a few tests over the last one month . The scores have been really sporadic.

My MGMAT Quants score range from 44 - 48 in 3 tests. My GMATCLUB test score was 31. I am not sure if this is equivalent but its shocking nevertheless.

My MGMAT verbal scores go from 33 - 41 in 3 tests. My GMATCLUB test score was 33.

I am also finding it difficult to solve many of the quants questions posted in the forums.

I have an exam in two weeks and need a score above 720. From these results , I am not able to assess my current level.

Is a score of 720 + feasible based on my current performance. Please share your thoughts.

Thanks
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Followers: 122

Kudos [?]: 589 [0], given: 114

Re: GMATCLUB test scores [#permalink] New post 04 Jul 2012, 12:13
There is no way to predict your score based on portions of tests... I would recommend that you take one of the GMAT prep tests offered by GMAC (the creators of the GMAT) at www.mba.com. These are considered the absolute best and most accurate practice tests around, and they're free...

The GMAT prep scores are generally considered accurate within +/- 30 points as to what you would have scored on the real thing. Good luck!

New to the GMAT Club? <START HERE>

My GMAT and BSchool Tips:

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.7
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: GMATCLUB test scores [#permalink] New post 04 Jul 2012, 12:22
Thanks for the quick reply. I am planning to take it in a few days.

Just a couple more questions ( not sure if I can post them in the same thread.. please let me know if its not )

1. I am fairly comfortable with the timing and structure of the GMAT. I am planning to take the GMATPrep in the coming days. Would it be better for me to spend the limited time on preparation or should I spend time on taking more tests and work on my mistakes / errors.

Which of these methods , can give me better returns ( I understand its subjective , but just to get an outside opinion).

2. I took the adaptive GMATCLUB test today. How do these scores related to actual GMAT. I read a few threads relating to the non adaptive version
where a score among the 35 in quants was related to 48 - 50 in quants in real GMAT. Is it true with the adaptive version as well.

If you can point me to some source where I can get such information , it would be very helpful.

Thanks
=/=
Expert Post
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Followers: 1112

Kudos [?]: 5027 [0], given: 164

Re: GMATCLUB test scores [#permalink] New post 04 Jul 2012, 20:44
Expert's post
inequality wrote:
Hi ,

I have been taking a few tests over the last one month . The scores have been really sporadic.

My MGMAT Quants score range from 44 - 48 in 3 tests. My GMATCLUB test score was 31. I am not sure if this is equivalent but its shocking nevertheless.

My MGMAT verbal scores go from 33 - 41 in 3 tests. My GMATCLUB test score was 33.

I am also finding it difficult to solve many of the quants questions posted in the forums.

I have an exam in two weeks and need a score above 720. From these results , I am not able to assess my current level.

Is a score of 720 + feasible based on my current performance. Please share your thoughts.

Thanks

In mu opinion, following is what you should do:

Take a GMAT prep test right away. Not in a few days but right away. If you get 700 in that, there is a good possibility that you will get 700 in 2 weeks time on the actual GMAT.
After taking the test, analyze the questions properly. Find out the topics/sections you faced most problems in. Work on those particular areas in the next 2 weeks. No point taking tests repeatedly if the result is the same each time.
If you find that your errors are spread all over the place, focus on what went wrong - careless mistakes, concept not clear etc. From the analyses of the test, you will get direction. You will know what you need to work on. Say, if most of the errors are careless mistakes, you know you need to practice harder and then those timed tests might be a good idea.

Karishma
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
My Blog

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Re: GMATCLUB test scores   [#permalink] 04 Jul 2012, 20:44