Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 07:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMATFocus

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 590 Q38 V33
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

GMATFocus [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2014, 04:28
Hi,
My score in the GMAT Quantitative was 44 percentile and the scaled score was 38. The Verbal was 68 p. So, I decided to concentrate only on Quantitative. I wanted to take only Quant CATs that are accurate. So I purchased one GMAT Focus test from MBA.com. I read in this forum that this is an accurate score. Also, I wanted to focus only on Quant before I take a complete CATs.

Today, I took one test in GMAT Focus. The scaled score is 37-45. I am confused with the way they have ranked.

Firstly, the scaled score of such a wide range equals a percentile from 42 to 61. Where do I belong? How can I understand my progress? Am I 44 or 55 or 60? Why has not GMAT Focus given me a narrower range?

Secondly, the diagnostic report is confusing too. The Content Categories are Algebra, Arithmetic. The Application categories are 'Real or Applied' and 'Pure or Formula based'. The item type categories are 'Data sufficiency' and 'Problem Solving'. Of this, most of the categories are ranked as 'Above average' except 'Data Sufficiency' and 'Problem Solving'. Data Sufficiency is Excellent and 'Problem Solving' is Average. Now, what do I understand from here? What area should I concentrate, so that I can move to 45-49 percentile? I cannot understand the categories in this report. There are no much information in the site. Some of the posts in this forum indicate GMAT Focus is accurate. But I am lost at the moment on the next move.

Thirdly, I am curious to know why there are only 24 questions as against 37?

I will be grateful to GMAT experts in this forum to give me a clarity. I paid 20 GBP on the test with much hope.

Regards,
Rajesh
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
GMATFocus   [#permalink] 25 Jan 2014, 04:28