Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Sep 2014, 15:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GmatPrep

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GmatPrep [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2013, 07:26
I got 270 score on GMATPrep 1st Cat test (Q 16 correct out of 37) and (V 16 correct out of 41) i gave this test without any study just to check my position plz guyz reply about the score as m really worried abt it..
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 656

Kudos [?]: 2806 [0], given: 882

Re: GmatPrep [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2013, 07:43
Expert's post
Expert Post
Followers: 288

Kudos [?]: 2427 [0], given: 693

Re: GmatPrep [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2013, 07:47
Expert's post
zubiboy008 wrote:
I got 270 score on GMATPrep 1st Cat test (Q 16 correct out of 37) and (V 16 correct out of 41) i gave this test without any study just to check my position plz guyz reply about the score as m really worried abt it..

nothing to have shame.

here we are to learn

Study, study and study. That's it

COLLECTION OF QUESTIONS
Quant: 1. Bunuel Signature Collection - The Next Generation 2. Bunuel Signature Collection ALL-IN-ONE WITH SOLUTIONS 3. Veritas Prep Blog PDF Version
Verbal:1. Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section 2. e-GMAT's ALL CR topics-Consolidated 3. New Critical Reasoning question bank by carcass 4. Meaning/Clarity SC Question Bank by Carcass_Souvik 5. e-GMAT's ALL SC topics-Consolidated-2nd Edition 6. The best reading to improve Reading Comprehension 7.Verbal question bank and Directories

Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
WE: Corporate Finance (Aerospace and Defense)

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: GmatPrep [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2013, 09:18
The forum is a great resource, here is my $.02:

Spend a couple hours and sift through some of the sticky threads and starter guides on here.
- Build a strategy to your prep
- Assemble the resources you will need

I have studied on and off over the past couple of years. I have used books, tutors, and now the Economist GMAT prep software. It probably depends on how you learn and your focus. From my experience, the GMAT prep software I'm using has made more of an impact. It is convenient, well structured, self-paced, and works a lot on the approach/process/and strategy of the test. I find this more helpful than the rest. I had a lot of quant deficiencies because I never learned algebra that well in high school. I found it took me a long time to really understand the fundamentals but once I did and started grasping the in and outs of the exam, I really started building momentum.

I'm just now at the practice test taking phase where I will score and hone in on my weaknesses. Most of my upfront focus has been working on the fundamentals and understanding the test. The good thing I did was keep a note pad of things that I was having more issues with. This helps when I have time to open a book (get a different perspective) or work with a tutor.

I'm no expert, just trying to prep myself. Like anything, set a goal, a strategy, and measure. Good luck!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: GmatPrep [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2013, 11:31
A lot of people do poorly on their first practice exam. It's important to figure out if this was a fluke or due to a gap in understanding of topics - if you are lacking knowledge in certain areas, then you need to figure out which of these areas you are weak at and then to build up your foundation from there. I'd recommend looking at some GMAT prep materials (books, videos, etc.). If you are still scoring poorly, then you may want to look at taking a GMAT prep class or hiring a private tutor for one-on-one sessions. I found having a tutor was better for me; even though it was more expensive, I got help in specific areas that I needed help with.
Re: GmatPrep   [#permalink] 05 Jan 2013, 11:31