Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Sep 2014, 13:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMATPrep 2 - At Least I'm Consistent!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Mar 2008
Posts: 40
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMATPrep 2 - At Least I'm Consistent! [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2008, 09:18
As I posted in another thread, on Saturday I took GMATPrep 1 (my first time taking a practice test) and scored 680--Q38 and V45.

This morning I took GMATPrep 2, and once again scored 680--this time with Q36 and V47.

I hadn't expected a big change in score between Saturday and today, and was glad to see that my overall score was unchanged. This gave me a little more confidence in the accuracy of the GMATPrep scoring.

What's weird is that when I took the first practice test on Saturday, I was really nervous and thought I did way worse than I did, particularly on Quant. But today I was more relaxed--I think since I had done this before--and actually felt better about Quant, but got a lower score! I didn't manage my time well, though, and in the end had to rush through several Quant questions that I'm pretty sure I could've solved correctly if I had had more time.

Anyhow, I'll keep on drilling with Quant this week, but for the most part I'm done preparing. I take the real test this Saturday. I hope to goodness it's not harder than the two GMATPrep tests!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 01 Apr 2008
Posts: 356
Schools: Chicago Booth '11
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMATPrep 2 - At Least I'm Consistent! [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2008, 10:57
Excellent job nailing down a great Verbal score. Do you mind if I ask how many questions you missed in each Verbal section?
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 17 Jan 2008
Posts: 587
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Schools: Ross '12 (MBA/MS)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 69 [0], given: 34

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMATPrep 2 - At Least I'm Consistent! [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2008, 11:30
ParrotHead wrote:
As I posted in another thread, on Saturday I took GMATPrep 1 (my first time taking a practice test) and scored 680--Q38 and V45.

This morning I took GMATPrep 2, and once again scored 680--this time with Q36 and V47.

I hadn't expected a big change in score between Saturday and today, and was glad to see that my overall score was unchanged. This gave me a little more confidence in the accuracy of the GMATPrep scoring.

What's weird is that when I took the first practice test on Saturday, I was really nervous and thought I did way worse than I did, particularly on Quant. But today I was more relaxed--I think since I had done this before--and actually felt better about Quant, but got a lower score! I didn't manage my time well, though, and in the end had to rush through several Quant questions that I'm pretty sure I could've solved correctly if I had had more time.

Anyhow, I'll keep on drilling with Quant this week, but for the most part I'm done preparing. I take the real test this Saturday. I hope to goodness it's not harder than the two GMATPrep tests!

Wow, another awesome V score! It looks like you'll do just fine on Saturday. Just watch out for your pacing, it's more important than people give it credit for. Also, try not to let your (perceived) performance in one section affect your performance in the other sections. Those two things killed me the first time around.
_________________

Profile | GMAT | Erb Institute

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Mar 2008
Posts: 40
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: GMATPrep 2 - At Least I'm Consistent! [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2008, 12:07
MeddlingKid wrote:
Excellent job nailing down a great Verbal score. Do you mind if I ask how many questions you missed in each Verbal section?



I don't know about each category (CR, RC, and SC), but overall I missed 4 out of 41 in the Verbal category. But on Saturday when I took GMATPrep 1, I had gotten 45 on Verbal and I believe I had also missed 4 questions that time, too. I don't know if the Verbal questions adapt to your skills the way the Quant ones do. If so, maybe I got some harder ones correct, allowing me to squeeze out 2 more points while still missing the same number.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Mar 2008
Posts: 40
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: GMATPrep 2 - At Least I'm Consistent! [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2008, 12:15
YihWei wrote:
Just watch out for your pacing, it's more important than people give it credit for. Also, try not to let your (perceived) performance in one section affect your performance in the other sections. Those two things killed me the first time around.



Yeah, I'm not sure what went wrong. I tried to take my time with the earlier questions, operating under the theory that they're worth more and it's best to get them right if you possibly can. I guess I took it a little too far, though. I'm seeing that the key is in figuring out, fairly quickly, whether I have any chance of answering a particular question. If it's something I just can't figure out or remember how to do, there's no sense wasting two minutes trying. I need to be realistic early on in the problem, and if it's something I'm not likely to get correct, guess and save the remaining time for other questions.

I'll tell you what would help... I wish the counter wouldn't tell me how many questions I've answered, but instead how many I have left. I know I can figure that out by subtracting my current question number from 37, but it takes me a few seconds to do that and then estimate how much time that gives me per remaining question.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 31 Oct 2007
Posts: 116
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: GMATPrep 2 - At Least I'm Consistent! [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2008, 17:21
Quote:
As I posted in another thread, on Saturday I took GMATPrep 1 (my first time taking a practice test) and scored 680--Q38 and V45.

This morning I took GMATPrep 2, and once again scored 680--this time with Q36 and V47.


Dude! Wow! V47.. Great.... I guess you can fully make use of GMATClub challenges. Then you are in....
_________________

Many people dream, but some wake up and work towards it.

CEO
CEO
User avatar
Joined: 17 May 2007
Posts: 2995
Followers: 55

Kudos [?]: 432 [0], given: 210

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMATPrep 2 - At Least I'm Consistent! [#permalink] New post 30 Apr 2008, 17:42
V47 ... HOLY MOLY !!! :shock:

Just improve Q slightly ... I know Q42 V47 == 720. Use MGMAT quant books (there are 5 of them I believe).
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Mar 2008
Posts: 40
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: GMATPrep 2 - At Least I'm Consistent! [#permalink] New post 01 May 2008, 02:48
Well, no time to do much new at this point. I test in 2 days. I'm just working through the PS and DS problems in the OG every day to try to cement the concepts and reduce the time it takes me on each question. Hopefully I can bump up Quant just enough to bring me to 700. But honestly, I'll be fine if I get a 680 like I've gotten on the practice tests. It's more than enough to get into the school I'm applying to, and it's in the 88th percentile. That's fine for me.

:-)
Re: GMATPrep 2 - At Least I'm Consistent!   [#permalink] 01 May 2008, 02:48
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Experts publish their posts in the topic Made a 510...looking for at least a 660, but I'm lost. nhx 1 27 Aug 2011, 23:34
GMATPrep1 and GMATPrep2 hellishbrain 1 22 Apr 2011, 11:58
I'm having trouble with AT LEAST in combinatorics. we have 4 bmwhype2 9 09 Dec 2007, 12:26
1 This is from my GMATPREP practice test: Are at least 10% of Witchiegrlie 6 06 Nov 2007, 08:22
GMATPrep 2 lnaik 4 04 Oct 2007, 04:29
Display posts from previous: Sort by

GMATPrep 2 - At Least I'm Consistent!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: TGC, m3equals333



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.