Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 12:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
Official GMAC Representative
Followers: 134

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 0

Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 23 Sep 2013, 10:16
Expert's post
Hi roygush! Apologies if you are experiencing problems with your GMATPrep software. Please email socialmedia@mba.com and a member of our customer care team will be in contact with you as soon as possible.

Let me know if you experience any other problems.

Thanks,
Tina

Rebecca
Social Media Manager
Graduate Management Admission Council

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Verbal Forum Moderator
Verbal Forum Moderator
Concentration: Statistics, International Business
Schools: ISB '15
GMAT Date: 12-02-2013
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 41

Kudos [?]: 145 [0], given: 33

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 23 Sep 2013, 11:18
Expert's post
Rebecca,

Thanks for your kind reply. Does this mean that the new exam can be taken only once?

Regards,

S

Consider +1 KUDOS if you find this post useful

Manager
Manager
Followers: 36

Kudos [?]: 166 [0], given: 1

Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 23 Sep 2013, 14:43
@gmatter0913
Exam 3 and Exam 4 select questions from the same database of questions. This means that the best strategy is to take Exam 3 first, then Exam 4. Don't take Exam 3 twice and then take Exam 4 for the first time, you will see repeats from the second attempt of the Exam 3 showing up on your Exam 4 test.

@WaterFlowsUp
The GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 quantitative database consists of 230 questions and the verbal database is in the same range as well.

Dabral

Free Video Explanations: OFFICIAL GUIDE GMAT 13, 12, 11, 10; QUANT REVIEW 2nd, 1st.

Expert Post

Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 24 Sep 2013, 06:46
Expert's post
Hi gmatter0913. There is one question pool for Exams 1 and 2 in the free GMATPrep Software and a different question pool for Exams 3 and 4 in the Exam Pack. It is recommended that you take each exam only once or risk seeing duplicate questions. We generally advise students to start with Exams 1 and 2 to see what level they are on at the start of their practice. You then have the Question Pack, Official GMAT Guide and mobile app etc to prepare with before taking Exams 3 and 4 to see how far you have come with your preparation.

If you have anymore questions about the GMAT and our products, please do not hesitate to contact us for the most up-to-date information.

Thanks,
Tina

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Expert Post

Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 24 Sep 2013, 06:48
Expert's post
Hi WaterFlowsUp. Similar to the real exam, each practice exam in the Exam Pack and the free Software contains 37 Quant, 41 Verbal, 12 Integrated Reasoning and one AWA prompt.

Feel free to message us if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
Tina

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Expert Post

Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 24 Sep 2013, 16:25
Expert's post
Hi ghanashyam250.

Further to your question, the On Demand Study Collection contains three different products: GMAT Focus, GMAT Paper Tests and GMATPrep Question Pack 1. The GMATPrep Software Study Collection contains two different products: GMATPrep Question Pack 1 and GMATPrep Exam Pack 1. The GMATPrep Question Pack 1 is included in both Study Collections. You should not purchase both Study Collections because of this overlap and because we don’t offer refunds. If you want access to the Exam Pack and the Question Pack, purchase the GMATPrep Software Study Collection and be sure to download the free software first.

I hope that helps!
Tina

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 19

Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 26 Sep 2013, 04:38
After doing both exams, I must say that you still have work to do regarding these two exams.
I have seen the same questions repeating in both exams and in Exam 3 I had 2 Cr questions which were exactly the same one right after the other.
I feel like the question pool is not as big as it should be and that maybe there's something wrong with the current questions algorithm.

If my answer helped, dont forget KUDOS! :)

IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 5

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 28 Sep 2013, 06:59
I'm having the same problem and I have emailed socialmedia@mba.com. It seems that it is a common problem

gmatter0913 wrote:
Hello OfficialGMAT Representative,

I am having the same problem as mentioned in the above post.

I've given my Exam 3 yesterday, and when I open the software today the results are gone and it shows a fresh screen as if I didn't take the Exam 3 before. Please find the attached image. Kindly let me know if there is a way to get my results back.

In the current situation, I have one more question.

Are the question pools for Exam 3 and Exam 4 separate or is the question pool common?

Request you to please let me know regarding the above.
Expert Post

Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 30 Sep 2013, 08:34
Expert's post
Hi masoy. Thank you for your message and for emailing socialmedia@mba.com that was precisely the right thing to do.

Our customer care and product development team are looking at the software and issue that has been mentioned. My apologies for any inconvenience caused.

All the best,
Tina

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.7

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 22

Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 30 Sep 2013, 10:13
Hi..I recently purchased the gmat exam pack1. It was successfully installed too after activation. However I cant find the link to the 2 tests on gmatprep software. Just the link to the 2 prev exams. I have my gmat on 8th oct 13 and desperately looking for a solution to the same.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Expert Post

Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 30 Sep 2013, 11:01
Expert's post
Hi brethart999.

Can I ask, have you also installed the free GMATPrep® software, v2.0 or higher? If not, please try this and see if it makes a difference. The instructions on how to do so are here: https://www.mba.com/store/store-catalog ... ack-1.aspx

If you find that you are still experiencing problems, please email socialmedia@mba.com or post another message here and I will do my best to help you.

Many thanks,
Tina

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 82

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 30 Sep 2013, 22:00
Dear Tina
1. I have the same problem with Exam Pack 1 as royush and masoy.
2. On one exam, I get a 49 in quant for only 4 wrong questions. Is it too harsh? I believe that GMAC should check the scoring process of Exam Pack 1 too.
P/S: Just my own opinion as I will take the test in 2 days :).

Best regards

Kudos!!!... If you think I help you in some ways....

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2013, 23:35
@ Official GMAT,
I can conclude following from the discussion above(please confirm):
There is no overlap between GMAT Prep (free software -2 free Tests and 90 Qs), Exam Pack 1 (2 additional practice tests) and Question Pack 1. These are all mutually exclusive sets of Qs. Also There is no overlap of any of these with OG -12,13 and Verbal OG -2nd Edition, Quant Og-2 Edition. Is all this true?

I have done all OGs and GMAT Prep (even reset this exam and did it.) So just want to be sure before purchasing Question Pack 1 and Exam Pack 1

Also anybody else who has tried these(Exam Pack 1, Question Pack 1): Can you please help resolve this query.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 27

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2013, 00:18
Akshat1990 wrote:
@ Official GMAT,
I can conclude following from the discussion above(please confirm):
There is no overlap between GMAT Prep (free software -2 free Tests and 90 Qs), Exam Pack 1 (2 additional practice tests) and Question Pack 1. These are all mutually exclusive sets of Qs. Also There is no overlap of any of these with OG -12,13 and Verbal OG -2nd Edition, Quant Og-2 Edition. Is all this true?

I have done all OGs and GMAT Prep (even reset this exam and did it.) So just want to be sure before purchasing Question Pack 1 and Exam Pack 1

Also anybody else who has tried these(Exam Pack 1, Question Pack 1): Can you please help resolve this query.

That is exactly what I understood from the discussion above !!!

So purchasing the GMAT PREP Software Study collection (69$)will give us access to 2 more GMAT prep EXAMs and a set of 404 questions in which there is no overlap of questions in both of them. Request the official people to confirm, once before I purchase it.

Thanks,
Abhinav

Regards,
Abhinav

GMAT 1 - 580 (Q47 V23) a-tight-slap-on-face-149457.html

GMAT 2 - 670 (Q48 V34) 670-one-month-off-from-office-and-2-months-hard-work-163761.html#p1297561

“If you don't change your life; your life will change you.”

Expert Post

Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2013, 11:11
Expert's post
Hi abhinav11 and Akshat1990. Thanks for your questions.

To confirm, there is absolutely NO overlap of questions in the GMATPrep software Study Collection and other Official GMAT study products.

Somthing to be aware of for the GMATPrep software is that there is one question pool for Exams 1 and 2 in the free GMATPrep Software and a different question pool for Exams 3 and 4 in the Exam Pack. It is recommended that you take each exam only once or risk seeing duplicate questions. We generally advise students to start with Exams 1 and 2 to see what level they are on at the start of their practice. You then have the Question Pack, Official GMAT Guide and mobile app etc to prepare with before taking Exams 3 and 4 to see how far you have come with your preparation.

I hope this help!
Tina

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 27

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2013, 04:15
Hi Official GMAT team,

I purchased the $69.90 pack from mba.com store.

How ever whenever I try to activate the Question pack and Exam pack using the Code sent to me on confirmation mail, Both of the packs are not getting activated. I am already using the latest GMAT PREP Software.

Can you please look into this urgently, as I am just 20 days away from my GMAT.

Thanks,
Abhinav

Regards,
Abhinav

GMAT 1 - 580 (Q47 V23) a-tight-slap-on-face-149457.html

GMAT 2 - 670 (Q48 V34) 670-one-month-off-from-office-and-2-months-hard-work-163761.html#p1297561

“If you don't change your life; your life will change you.”

Expert Post

Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2013, 05:29
Expert's post
Hi abhinav11,

Please email socialmedia@mba.com with your query. A member of the team should be able to walk you through the correct steps to activate the software. I will also let them know that you will be emailing them shortly.

Many thanks,
Tina

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 11

Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 19 Oct 2013, 01:11
Hello OfficialGMAT Representative,

First of all thanks very much for the very useful Exam pack initiative. I took both the tests in the exam pack and my scores are:

Exam 3: 710 Q47(16 wrong answers) V40(about 10 wrong answers)
Exam 4: 710 Q46(just 6 wrong answers) V41(about 8 wrong answers)

While the scoring on the Verbal is understandable, the scoring on Quant took me by surprise. Can you explain this please?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2013, 16:38
Hi all,

My test scores also disappeared. However, I noticed that when I "Review all incorrect" all the way through and don't exit the review in the middle, the score did not disappear. Done it a few times now and it's fine.
Expert Post

Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2013, 12:55
Expert's post
Hi rakshaki,

Our customer care team would like to contact you directly to talk this through with you. Can you please provide your email address and phone number. If you would rather not share that information on the forum, please email socialmedia@mba.com

They are expecting your email.

Many thanks,
Tina

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi rakshaki,

Please ensure youprovide the email address you used when registering on mba.com

The customer care team are looking out for your email.

Many thanks,
Tina

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Last edited by OfficialGMAT on 22 Oct 2013, 08:02, edited 1 time in total.
Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale!   [#permalink] 21 Oct 2013, 12:55