Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 03:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 40 [0], given: 291

Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 27 Nov 2013, 05:07
Hi Official GMAT Representative,
I am considering purchasing the Exam Prep 1. My question is that have all issues been solved or should I wait a little longer before u guys solve the bugs.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Official GMAC Representative
Followers: 152

Kudos [?]: 39 [1] , given: 0

Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 27 Nov 2013, 09:13
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Hi mohnish104,

Very wise of you to check! All issues have been resolved. Please ensure you download the new version of the software v2.2.317, which is available for download at www.mba.com/gmatprep.

All the very best with your GMAT!

Tina

Rebecca
Social Media Manager
Graduate Management Admission Council

Current Student
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2013, 03:04
Hi!
I bought the gmatprep pack (inc the 400 questions) a few days ago. I got the receipt in my email but no activation key. It didnt bother me since i just went online to 'My Purchases', got the key and activated the exams.
However, for some reason they've become deactivated. And theres something wrong with the gmac/mbadotcom website, i just cant access anything on my profile, i keep getting processing errors. Is this a website issue? Is there any way i can get my activation key some other way?
Thanks!
Expert Post

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 0

Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2013, 12:29
Expert's post
Hi yodud,

Can you please email screen shots of the processing errors to socialmedia@mba.com? A member of the team should be able to help once they see what the precise issues are.

Many thanks and apologies for the inconvenience caused.
Thanks,
Tina

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Current Student
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2013, 17:37
It seems like it was just a server error of sorts. After Sunday, its started working again :D. Thanks a lot for the feedback!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2013, 13:41
I have no idea why the file does not open on my Mac. I could not find any special instructions except the one that says : close the GMATPrep and click on the downloaded file. The file does not open! Any idea?
I really appreciate your help
Expert Post

Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2013, 18:02
Expert's post
Dear ayousef,

The GMATPrep software is compatible with operating system Mac OS X v10.6; v10.7; v10.8; or v10.9

Please also ensure you have downloaded the latest version of the free software: http://www.mba.com/us/store/download-fr ... p-software

If you're still having problems accessing the software, please email gmatprep@mba.com

Many thanks,
Tina

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Intern
Intern

Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2013, 12:27
Hi OfficalGMAT,
Although my software was current, it did not worked until I reinstalled the program.
I was very disappointed when I took the second test and found almost 4 repeated questions from the first test.
Is it too hard to put two different exams together for 40$?
Expert Post

Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2013, 08:35
Expert's post
Hi ayousefi,

Did you take the first exam more than once? We recommend taking each exam only once or you may risk seeing duplicate questions.

Many thanks,
Tina

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Intern
Intern

Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2013, 11:19
I only took each test one, but I still got 4 same questions on the verbal section.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 4

Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2013, 08:03
I purchased this pack two weeks ago and have completed both tests.

In looking for explanations for the questions, I have found that almost every question I've encountered has been on the internet, as early as 2007!

How is it possible that these are never before released GMAT questions, when online discussions have been active about the very questions for over 7 years?
Expert Post

Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2013, 13:09
Expert's post
Hi forevertfc,

Thank you for your message. We're very suprised to hear that you've found questions from the Exam Pack on the internet. When developing the product, we were very careful to use items/questions that had never been seen before.

Can I ask that you please email our customer care team at socialmedia@mba.com with details of where you saw these questions? This will enable us to start investigating further.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Many thanks,
Tina

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.46

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 28

Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2014, 20:08
OfficalGMAT

At the moment I want to order GMATprep software study collection. I already received email about order with payment in advance. At the moment I only have an international debit card. However, my bank does not allow me to use internetbanking to make payment. But if I want to pay at the counter I have to prove reason to transfer money, for example: an invoice, I haven't paid so I have no invoice to show. Unfortunately your email is not accepted. So what can I do now to pay for the software? Thank you very much

What does't kill you makes you stronger.

Last edited by envoy2210 on 24 Jan 2014, 02:25, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2014, 20:57
Personal advice: Don't buy it.

Even if you do so, don't count on the scores. I paid and scored 580 and 590 on two of them right before I took the test and my test result appeared to be 540. I could understand 560-570 but 50 points gap is unbelievable. So it doesn't show you where you are. Plus, you don't have the explanations for the questions.

Go buy a manhattan gmat book on a topic you experience problems in, and eventually you get 5 cat for free besides the book. You can also see the detailed explanations.

No offense mr. or mrs. representative but in my humble opinion gmat exam pack is waste of money.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2014, 11:29
Help!!!!!!!! I downloaded the Gmatprep exam pack 1, but despite I installed succesufully I cant find the Exam 3 and Exam 4. Its supposted to be in the Take practice exam section, but I only see Exam 1 and Exam 2!!

Please help me!! I scheduled the practice exam for today!!

Thanks a lot!!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 580 Q37 V32
GMAT 2: 570 Q36 V32
GMAT 3: 680 Q44 V40
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 170

Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2014, 14:50
herman2210 wrote:
Help!!!!!!!! I downloaded the Gmatprep exam pack 1, but despite I installed succesufully I cant find the Exam 3 and Exam 4. Its supposted to be in the Take practice exam section, but I only see Exam 1 and Exam 2!!

Please help me!! I scheduled the practice exam for today!!

Thanks a lot!!

Hi Herman,

There should be drop down that should say GMAT Prep Default Exam, click on that and you'll see the GMATPrep Exam Pack 1.

hope this helps!

-MBAJunkie

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 4

Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2014, 07:00
OfficialGMAT wrote:
Hi WaterFlowsUp! The GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 offers a preview of the real exam, so there are 37 Quantitative and 41 Verbal questions, just like the real exam. There is absolutely no overlap with questions from this pack and other preparation material.

Good luck with your studies!
Tina

Hi Rebecca

Today I gave the first practice test of the Exam pack 1. I could see all the questions in the Quant section were new but almost all the questions in verbal section were repeated from previous versions. I am very disappointed as I have already solved all the official verbal questions from the previous versions and now I have no means to judge my progress. Have I missed something while installing the EP 1 or the question bank for verbal section is the old one only. Please help.
Expert Post

Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2014, 07:03
Expert's post
Thanks for letting us know about this issue-we would like to look into it, as you should not be getting repeat questions. Can you please let us know what Operating System and version you are using? We also need to know what version of GMATPrep you are using. To locate the version, please open the software and it is right above the GMATPrep Logo. If possible, please also send a screenshot of the duplicate questions. You can post this information here, or send an email to GMATPrep@mba.com.

Thank you, and we apologize for these issues.

Rebecca

utkmittal wrote:
OfficialGMAT wrote:
Hi WaterFlowsUp! The GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 offers a preview of the real exam, so there are 37 Quantitative and 41 Verbal questions, just like the real exam. There is absolutely no overlap with questions from this pack and other preparation material.

Good luck with your studies!
Tina

Hi Rebecca

Today I gave the first practice test of the Exam pack 1. I could see all the questions in the Quant section were new but almost all the questions in verbal section were repeated from previous versions. I am very disappointed as I have already solved all the official verbal questions from the previous versions and now I have no means to judge my progress. Have I missed something while installing the EP 1 or the question bank for verbal section is the old one only. Please help.

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 50

Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2014, 10:16
Hi, I purchased this pack. However, I won't do Gmatprep 1-2 tests. (I did them on another computer)

So on my new computer, none of the 4 tests are done so far. I'll do only 3 and 4. Will I get questions from 1 or 2?
Expert Post

Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2014, 10:23
Expert's post
a03b wrote:
Hi, I purchased this pack. However, I won't do Gmatprep 1-2 tests. (I did them on another computer)

So on my new computer, none of the 4 tests are done so far. I'll do only 3 and 4. Will I get questions from 1 or 2?

Hello, a03b. Test 3&4 will not contain any questions from tests 1&2. Thanks for checking!

Rebecca

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale!   [#permalink] 05 Mar 2014, 10:23