Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Aug 2014, 23:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
Official GMAC Representative
Followers: 135

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 0

GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 18 Sep 2013, 12:43
Expert's post
We are excited to have launched GMATPrep® Exam Pack 1: http://ow.ly/oZSuh

The software application contains two new full-length computer adaptive practice tests with real questions from retired exams. Take your GMAT exam with confidence!

Also available is the GMATPrep® Software suite, a comprehensive set of three products containing 494 practice questions and four practice exams to study with exclusively from GMAC: http://ow.ly/oZSxX

We wish you all the best with your GMAT exam!

Rebecca
Social Media Manager
Graduate Management Admission Council

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 46

Kudos [?]: 169 [1] , given: 1

Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 18 Sep 2013, 12:53
This post received
KUDOS
Thank you for releasing these much needed additional computer adaptive tests. I appreciate that GMAC is willing to release GMAT questions that reflect the difficulty and content of the current GMAT questions. This will help students get a realistic sense of what the actual GMAT is as opposed to relying on the older set of questions that form the bulk of the content in the Official GMAT guides.

My only suggestion is to offer some discount for the GMAT Software suite, which currently is the same price as buying GMATPrep Question Pack 1 and GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 separately.

Cheers,
Dabral

Free Video Explanations: OFFICIAL GUIDE GMAT 13, 12, 11, 10; QUANT REVIEW 2nd, 1st.

Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V30
GMAT 2: 640 Q47 V31
GMAT 3: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.75
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 12

Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 19 Sep 2013, 01:24
I have bought the new GMAT exam pack 1 released recently by GMAC, from mba.com store.When I start the exam after 2-3 questions in IR section suddenly when I answer one question click next the next screen is blank and the next button stops working.Due to this I cannot go ahead in the test.The calculator, end exam, pause exam and help button are working but the next button doesn't work and the next question is not displayed leaving the screen blank.

Anybody facing the same problem??
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received

Kudos [?]: 30 [1] , given: 0

Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 19 Sep 2013, 07:29
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hi tosh612. Apologies if you are experiencing problems with your GMATPrep software. My first recommendation is for you to update your free GMATPrep Software to 2.2.315 by visiting www.mba.com/gmatprep and the try again. If that doesn’t work, please email our customer care team at socialmedia@mba.com and some will be in touch shortly to learn more about your problem.

All the best,
Tina

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 169 [0], given: 1

Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 19 Sep 2013, 07:38
@tosh612

The GMATPrep 2.2.315 update fixes the problem you are encountering. I had the same issue prior to the update.

Dabral

Free Video Explanations: OFFICIAL GUIDE GMAT 13, 12, 11, 10; QUANT REVIEW 2nd, 1st.

Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V30
GMAT 2: 640 Q47 V31
GMAT 3: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.75

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 12

Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 19 Sep 2013, 09:29
thanx for the solution...update was needed...works fine now!!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V32
GPA: 3.86
WE: Analyst (Venture Capital)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 58

Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 19 Sep 2013, 21:34
Thats a fantastic task !! but I already have 494 questions altogether after purchasing the question pack 1. Will the exam pack work only on previously loaded questions ? Or am i entitled to get additional questions too with this exam pack purchase ??
Manager
Manager

Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 19 Sep 2013, 21:52
@AsifBd

Think of the GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 as a completely different set of two computer adaptive tests. The questions that show up on these tests have no overlap with the GMATPrep Question Pack 1 that you have already purchased. It uses a completely new database of questions that is being released officially for the first time by the GMAT test writers.

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 9

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 19 Sep 2013, 23:41
Does this exam pack give answer explanations after each question? Or do i have to google each question i get wrong individually?
Manager
Manager

Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 20 Sep 2013, 09:00
@laserglare

No, the Exam Pack 1 does not come with answer explanations. Over time as students start to take these tests they will start asking the questions in this and other GMAT forums, and over time they will be available on the forums, and you are right that a google search will eventually lead you to explanations. I am currently creating the video explanations for the Exam Pack 1.

Dabral

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 87

CAT Tests
Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 20 Sep 2013, 11:10
Hello GMAC Representative,

I've bought the Exam Pack 1 today, and I could now see the new tests in my software. I am currently using the older version of the software.

My question is: I have downloaded the new version of the software 2.2.315. How do I update my software to the new version without losing any information of my GMATPrep exams and of the new Exam Prep pack?

Thanks
Expert Post

Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 20 Sep 2013, 11:27
Expert's post
Hi laserglare. Thanks for the question. The GMATPrep Pack has deliberately been designed this way. The Exam Pack offers a preview to what the real exam environment is like. The screens, timer, question prompts and scoring features are similar to what you will experience when you sit for the exam. And that includes the fact that you don’t get answers to the questions straight after taking your exam.

With the addition of this new Pack, the full suite of preparation tools, including the Official GMAT Guide, provides you and other candidates with questions that reflect the real exam while also giving you the opportunity to expand your practice and preparation.

I wish you all the best with your GMAT study!
Tina

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V32
GPA: 3.6

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 19

Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 21 Sep 2013, 09:27
Hello Rebecca,

I took EXAM 3 from ExamPack1 couple of days back. Soon after taking the exam I was able to view the results, but after closing and opening the GMATPrep program the EXAM 3 results vanished. The program shows EXAM 3 as new. Do you think the results are erased or its just that the software is unable to find the EXAM3 results data?
I am planning to take EXAM 4 in couple of days. I am afraid that I will see same questions if the program has erased the results of Exam 3. Can you let me know how to get around this.

Thanks,
C23678

OfficialGMAT wrote:
We are excited to have launched GMATPrep® Exam Pack 1: http://ow.ly/oZSuh

The software application contains two new full-length computer adaptive practice tests with real questions from retired exams. Take your GMAT exam with confidence!

Also available is the GMATPrep® Software suite, a comprehensive set of three products containing 494 practice questions and four practice exams to study with exclusively from GMAC: http://ow.ly/oZSxX

We wish you all the best with your GMAT exam!

Last edited by c23678 on 22 Sep 2013, 08:05, edited 2 times in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 87

CAT Tests
Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 22 Sep 2013, 06:43
Hello OfficialGMAT Representative,

I am having the same problem as mentioned in the above post.

I've given my Exam 3 yesterday, and when I open the software today the results are gone and it shows a fresh screen as if I didn't take the Exam 3 before. Please find the attached image. Kindly let me know if there is a way to get my results back.

In the current situation, I have one more question.

Are the question pools for Exam 3 and Exam 4 separate or is the question pool common?

Request you to please let me know regarding the above.
Attachments

GMATPrep Exam Pack 1.png
GMATPrep Exam Pack 1.png [ 42.56 KiB | Viewed 10090 times ]

Expert Post
Verbal Forum Moderator
Verbal Forum Moderator
Concentration: Statistics, International Business
Schools: ISB '15
GMAT Date: 12-02-2013
GPA: 3.32
Followers: 42

Kudos [?]: 146 [0], given: 34

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 22 Sep 2013, 12:34
Expert's post
Rebecca,

Could you please tell us, how many questions from verbal and Quant comprise the Exam Pack 1?
Does this new exam pack pick any questions from the older Prep Tool/SP1 ?

Thanks and Regards,

WaterFlowsUp

Regards,

S

Consider +1 KUDOS if you find this post useful

Intern
Intern
GPA: 4

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 10

Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 23 Sep 2013, 07:43
@ Official GMAT

Please let me know whether " The On Demand GMAT study collection" comprises questions from the same pool as GMATPrep Exam Pack-1/GMATPrep question pack-1. What if I want to take all the three pack. Is there ant bundled pack available. From where else I can get more official questions.

Thanks
Expert Post

Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 23 Sep 2013, 08:23
Expert's post
Hi gmatter0913 and c23678. As you are both experiencing the same problems, I would recommend that you email socialmedia@mba.com with your concerns and a member of the customer care team will be in contact with you as soon as possible with advice on how to move forward.

Please let me know if you experience any further problems with the software.

All the very best!

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 19

Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 23 Sep 2013, 08:50
Hi,
I feel like something is wrong in the calculation of the new exam?
I had a total of 10 mistakes in the verbal part and received V30?
I was wrong in 1,4,7,10,11,12,19,30,32,36.
I know i had a few mistakes in the beginning of the exam but from 12-30 i had only one mistake and recovered pretty well.
Please elaborate!
Thanks,
Roy

If my answer helped, dont forget KUDOS! :)

IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING

Expert Post

Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 23 Sep 2013, 10:09
Expert's post
Hi WaterFlowsUp! The GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 offers a preview of the real exam, so there are 37 Quantitative and 41 Verbal questions, just like the real exam. There is absolutely no overlap with questions from this pack and other preparation material.

Good luck with your studies!
Tina

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Expert Post

Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale! [#permalink] New post 23 Sep 2013, 10:13
Expert's post
Hi ghanashyam250. There is no overlap between Exam Pack 1 and Question Pack 1 or the free Software. The questions available are all retired questions from real GMAT exams. We do indeed have a software study collection you can purchase from mba.com. Please follow this link to see further details:
http://www.mba.com/store/store-catalog/ ... ID=80.0044

All the best!
Tina

Rebecca
Social Media Manager

Re: GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 is now on sale!   [#permalink] 23 Sep 2013, 10:13