Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 22:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMATPrep - how does this thing work?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 17

GMAT ToolKit User
GMATPrep - how does this thing work? [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2011, 11:14
I gave my GMATPrep today and it crashed on me while I was reviewing my 1st test. Everytime I tried to go to the test it showed me an error message (see error-while-accessing-the-gmatprep-software-64714.html if you are interested).

Following the error message it would ask me whether I want to leave it unfinished (something like that), and I would always click "Yes". After trying for 1+ hrs to figure this craziness out, I gave up and I clicked "No" this time. Now the test is marked as "Complete". When I go to the test 1, it restarts everything all over again. I guess I lost the history, and I don't think there is a way to retrieve the old completed test - this is just a height of stupidy and just making a piece of simple software overly complicated.

Anyways, what's done is done. I can't get it back. Let's focus on future!

My question: Does GMATPrep test 2 contain any question in common with test 1? Are they completely independent sets? I have my hopes set on GMAT Prep test 2, which I want to give in 2 weeks. I am worried if I reinstall this crappy software, it will give me the questions from GMATPrep test 1 that I just gave in my test 2. What should I do?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
GMAT Forum Moderator
Concentration: Healthcare, Economics
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.54
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)
Followers: 55

Kudos [?]: 411 [0], given: 234

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: GMATPrep - how does this thing work? [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2011, 16:48
Please see the GMATPrep thread as this has been answered:

gmat-prep-power-prep-official-free-gmat-tests-77548.html

You should not see any overlap between test 1 and test 2. If you reset them, there is a possibility of seeing overlapping questions from the first time around. By reinstalling, you might see a question from test 1 as you might be resetting the marked questions from the GMATPrep question bank.

What you should do: stop worrying and move on. Life happens, move forward (as you stated).

Strategy Discussion Thread | Strategy Master | GMAT Debrief| Please discuss strategies in discussion thread. Master thread will be updated accordingly. | GC Member Write Ups

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 17

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: GMATPrep - how does this thing work? [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2011, 17:05
mohater wrote:
Please see the GMATPrep thread as this has been answered:

gmat-prep-power-prep-official-free-gmat-tests-77548.html

You should not see any overlap between test 1 and test 2. If you reset them, there is a possibility of seeing overlapping questions from the first time around. By reinstalling, you might see a question from test 1 as you might be resetting the marked questions from the GMATPrep question bank.

What you should do: stop worrying and move on. Life happens, move forward (as you stated).

Thanks mohater. I have moved on, and I don't really care about test 1 at this point. I found that link too. But nobody answered this question. The last somebody (gurpreetsingh) responded, or rather questioned, is here: gmat-prep-power-prep-official-free-gmat-tests-77548-140.html#p797938

Sorry to bother you again. If you don't mind telling, could you please clarify for me? - If I retake test 1 multiple times, it will not have any affect on test 2. Is that correct? I want to keep test 2 for the last week and perhaps try test 1 again next weekend.
GMAT Forum Moderator
Concentration: Healthcare, Economics
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.54
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)
Followers: 55

Kudos [?]: 411 [0], given: 234

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: GMATPrep - how does this thing work? [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2011, 17:29
abhicoolmax wrote:

Thanks mohater. I have moved on, and I don't really care about test 1 at this point. I found that link too. But nobody answered this question. The last somebody (gurpreetsingh) responded, or rather questioned, is here: gmat-prep-power-prep-official-free-gmat-tests-77548-140.html#p797938

Sorry to bother you again. If you don't mind telling, could you please clarify for me? - If I retake test 1 multiple times, it will not have any affect on test 2. Is that correct? I want to keep test 2 for the last week and perhaps try test 1 again next weekend.

They are not supposed to overlap, but I'm sure there is a limit.

Don't worry about SOME repeat questions. There is a very good write up here:
un-scientific-analysis-of-gmatprep-64970.html

and plenty of other free practice tests (veritas, MGMAT, Kaplan, etc.)

Strategy Discussion Thread | Strategy Master | GMAT Debrief| Please discuss strategies in discussion thread. Master thread will be updated accordingly. | GC Member Write Ups

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: GMATPrep - how does this thing work? [#permalink] New post 29 Jul 2011, 03:03
Hey There

Firstly we would say that stay positive and such anxieties are common during exam preparation time. Juggling between work and studies is tough so you need to define a significant time for your GMAT preparation. Sometimes taking few days off work for preparing for the GMAT can help a person tremendously. If you have time this may not be a bad idea. Take practise GMAT tests to see how you are doing. If you cannot do that don’t worry However we recommend you to keep taking practise tests to gauge your performance. It will help you in identifying your weak areas and you can focus on them accordingly.

There are various ways you can use to practise for your GMAT. You might need to change your practise style and try this combination to provide you flexibility and different styles to practise so it doesn’t get monotonous.

It could be combination of-

1-Books- Books like- The Official Guide for GMAT Review, The Official Guide for GMAT Verbal Review, The Official Guide for GMAT Quantitative Review etc could be used.

2-Online Study Guide: Websites like Knewton, Grockit etc provide you with practise questions online.

3-Smart phone applications- Kaplan, Veritas etc offer applications to prepare for GMAT on your smart phones.

Thanks!
Kavita Singh
FutureWorks Consulting
Pre Application Strategies|Admission Consulting |Pre-Departure Coaching|Workshops

Find out where you stand with our Free Assessment Test or drop your resume at kavita@futureworks.co.in

Re: GMATPrep - how does this thing work?   [#permalink] 29 Jul 2011, 03:03