Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 08:15 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 08:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Tags:
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [2]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 670 Q45 V38
GPA: 2.64
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Most Helpful Reply
Tutor
Affiliations: GMATQuantum
Own Kudos [?]: 657 [6]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
General Discussion
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3626 [2]
Given Kudos: 816
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [1]
Send PM
GMATPrep Question Pack 1 vs. Official Guide GMAC 2nd Edition Books [#permalink]
Kudos
Engr2012 wrote:
Question pack 1 is a collection of problems retired by GMAC and is representative of the level of understanding and difficulty of actual GMAT. Definitely go for question pack 1.

What level are you currently on in terms of the scaled quant score? If you are already at a q45+, questions in the quant review 2nd edition will be easy in difficulty and thus you might get a false sense of comfort.

Scoring 45 consistently but having trouble scoring 47+. The good news is I know where my weakness is so I'm looking for more practice problems once I'm done with the OG13 tonight.

I'll go with your advice and will start the QP1 tomorrow. Good luck with your '18 apps by the way.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3626 [2]
Send PM
GMATPrep Question Pack 1 vs. Official Guide GMAC 2nd Edition Books [#permalink]
Kudos
Two64 wrote:
Engr2012 wrote:
Question pack 1 is a collection of problems retired by GMAC and is representative of the level of understanding and difficulty of actual GMAT. Definitely go for question pack 1.

What level are you currently on in terms of the scaled quant score? If you are already at a q45+, questions in the quant review 2nd edition will be easy in difficulty and thus you might get a false sense of comfort.

Scoring 45 consistently but having trouble scoring 47+. The good news is I know where my weakness is so I'm looking for more practice problems once I'm done with the OG13 tonight.

I'll go with your advice and will start the QP1 tomorrow. Good luck with your '18 apps by the way.

Thanks. For targeted practice, try the problem sets mentioned in @Bunuel's signatures (members/member-73391.html). You will also find plenty of targeted practice if you search in the gmatclub forum using tags (viewforumtags.php).

Also, after you reach a certain level in quant, it is more important to understand what the question is asking, what is the most efficient (not the most elaborate!) way to tackle such a question and then finally what are the different ways such a question can be asked.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [1]
Send PM
Re: GMATPrep Question Pack 1 vs. Official Guide GMAC 2nd Edition Books [#permalink]
Kudos
dabral wrote:
Two64

go for question pack 1, the questions are from more recent administrations of the gmat compared to the quant review book. one option is to create practice sets from the question pool and do them in a fixed time. for example, you can choose 37 questions from the quant pool of mixed difficulties(see the image) and attempt them in 75 min. you won't get an actual score but will be good practice for doing it under pressure.

Dabral

Thanks for the reply. I've been hacking away at it the last couple of days and it's been incredibly useful. Well worth the $27 (I found a 15% coupon online). Highly recommend it to anyone who needs the additional practice.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [1]
Given Kudos: 72
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.47
Send PM
Re: GMATPrep Question Pack 1 vs. Official Guide GMAC 2nd Edition Books [#permalink]
Kudos
Hi GMAT Quantum,

Any such suggestions for the split on the verbal?

How many questions do you suggest we should be picking up from Easy, Medium and Hard for SC & CR.

I Guess for RC, we don't have a choice but to practice the questions sequentially. Pls. correct me if I am wrong here?

Regards,
Vijay

dabral wrote:
Two64

go for question pack 1, the questions are from more recent administrations of the gmat compared to the quant review book. one option is to create practice sets from the question pool and do them in a fixed time. for example, you can choose 37 questions from the quant pool of mixed difficulties(see the image) and attempt them in 75 min. you won't get an actual score but will be good practice for doing it under pressure.

Dabral
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3626 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
svijayaug12 wrote:
Hi GMAT Quantum,

Any such suggestions for the split on the verbal?

How many questions do you suggest we should be picking up from Easy, Medium and Hard for SC & CR.

I Guess for RC, we don't have a choice but to practice the questions sequentially. Pls. correct me if I am wrong here?

Regards,
Vijay

dabral wrote:
Two64

Dabral

The attached picture is from: https://www.gmatquantum.com/faq/gmatprep ... -of-t.html
Attachments

2015-07-26_8-00-35.jpg
2015-07-26_8-00-35.jpg [ 115.94 KiB | Viewed 6777 times ]

Tutor
Affiliations: GMATQuantum
Own Kudos [?]: 657 [1]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Vijay,

Engr2012 posted the screenshot above showing the split on the verbal. This split will give you five tests.

Cheers,
Dabral
Non-Human User
Own Kudos [?]: 821 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello from the GMAT Club BumpBot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Math Expert
92902 posts