Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Sep 2014, 19:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GmatPrep software error

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Director
Director
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 0

GmatPrep software error [#permalink] New post 24 Nov 2005, 06:12
I am having a lot of problems with Gmatprep. The fact is that the questions I see in the review don't match the questions I did in the test. Once I got 11 wrong questions in a row. I was really surprised!!. When I review them I saw none of them was in the test.

Do you guys have the same problem? Is there a new version of the software fixing this error?
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2005, 08:17
Hi automan,

Do you mean Power Prep? If yes, I have no problem with this software. BTW, what is the source of this software?

Regards,

Tan.
Current Student
Schools: Cranfield SOM
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 2

Re: GmatPrep software error [#permalink] New post 29 Dec 2005, 07:10
automan wrote:
I am having a lot of problems with Gmatprep. The fact is that the questions I see in the review don't match the questions I did in the test. Once I got 11 wrong questions in a row. I was really surprised!!. When I review them I saw none of them was in the test.

Do you guys have the same problem? Is there a new version of the software fixing this error?

Yes. I faced the same problem when I did my GMATPREP test.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Same Problem [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2005, 10:04
I just had the same problem. Really annoyed because I am supposed to be taking my test in one week and would like an accurate indicator of my real score. The first GMATPrep I took did not give me this problem - 640 score with questions in review screen matching questions that I answered during the test. This score said 590 so I was obviously upset...but then noticed that I got 32 out of 40 wrong in Verbal since the questions don't match the questions I saw in the exam...
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2006, 21:25
Hi guys

I just did GMATPrep 1 & 2 and did not seem to have any problems with it. Th e ques in the tset and the review match. But I find one thing very annoying .. the review screen only tells you which choice is the correct one but there is no explanation (or is there?) I have looked everywhere and can't find any explanations for the questions. Are there any explanations?

I'm giving my test next week and aiming for 730+. I got 700 in both attempts GMATPrep 1 & 2 (Quant 47 verbal 40 and Quant 50 Verbal 39). do you think GMATPrep is lenient compared to the real test?

Cheers
eskay

Help me crack the GMAT .. !!

Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2006, 08:26
I'll let you know after this weekend. I'm taking my exam Saturday morning.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2006, 12:07
Hey ellis .. good luck :) Will look forward to your post!

Help me crack the GMAT .. !!

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2006, 03:33
I also noticed bugs in GMATPrep, and my two consecutive scores were different by 100 points!.

I not only found that software was showing grading against wrong questions, but some problems also seem real fishy!
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2006, 20:44
I just took the second test, got 730, then when I returned to review the questions, GMATPrep suddenly changed the questions! Now it shows 30/41 wrong in quant and a lot wrong in verbal! Adding insult to injury, I can't even see my original questions!

This is extra annoying since this is my last test before my gmat on friday :evil:
Manager
Manager

Bugs in GMAT Prep [#permalink] New post 23 May 2006, 04:48
I had the same problem. I took the test and in the review it showed that I had 25 out 37 wrong in Quant and 31 out of 41 in verbal.
You cannot go back and review the questions, they were all different.

It showed me a score though of 630 which I seriously doubted. How accurate is this GMAT Prep if it has these bugs?

Anyone have any insight?

Sure hope this does not happen on test day.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 5

Re: Bugs in GMAT Prep [#permalink] New post 25 Jul 2013, 09:38
tapan22 wrote:
I had the same problem. I took the test and in the review it showed that I had 25 out 37 wrong in Quant and 31 out of 41 in verbal.
You cannot go back and review the questions, they were all different.

It showed me a score though of 630 which I seriously doubted. How accurate is this GMAT Prep if it has these bugs?

Anyone have any insight?

Sure hope this does not happen on test day.

I only had 17 questions wrong in Quant (which I think is also bogus) and 16 wrong in Verbal. And they gave me a 620. T___T Have no idea how that happened.
Re: Bugs in GMAT Prep   [#permalink] 25 Jul 2013, 09:38