Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 13 Jul 2014, 16:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAX Online

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
CEO
CEO
Followers: 58

Kudos [?]: 655 [0], given: 781

GMAX Online [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2004, 01:54
Dear Members

Leanna emailed me to tell us that they have added a server in England and another server in the USA. With this, GMAX turns over a new leaf and in keeping with the theme, i start this new thread to discuss GMAX related issues. For the guys who joined recently, http://gmaxonline.com offers online (duh!) courses for GMAT prep. We reviewed their course and our assessment is on GMAT Club. http://gmatclub.com/wiki/GMAX_Online to read our review. I will post member reviews (from the old thread) on our website soon. We now welcome reviews of the product so that we can help GMAX with more feedback and we can help members with more information about the product.

Thank you
Praetorian

Last edited by Praetorian on 21 Jul 2007, 15:17, edited 4 times in total.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2004, 05:50
Dear Members,
With our new servers, we are very excited about our new capabilities. Students say that they really like the course, and that it is clear and easy to use.
If any of you have questions about preparing yourselves properly to take the GMAT, please let me know here, and I will try to answer you. Also, for those of you who are taking the GMAX Online GMAT course now, contact me. We have more material for you if you need it. And make sure yonu get your CAT test code for your three free tests.
If you are wondering if it is worthwhile to study so hard for the GMAT, remember that there is nothing else you can do in two or three months that will change your entire future as much as studying properly for the GMAT and getting a very high grade. Our students who are currently at Columbia, Stanford, Insead, MIT, and Chicago are soooo happy that they worked hard and actually did so well on the GMAT. So study hard - day and night if you need to - and really do well!
Regards and good luck,
Leanna at http://www.gmaxonlline.com
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 18 Aug 2005, 07:50
I posted my question in another area review before I came across this post. My apologies for repeating the question.

How long, on average does it take a student to go through all the material that GMAX offers?

Also, why does GMAX use the Barron's book? I have heard mixed reviews about the book...

Thanks!
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 24 Aug 2005, 09:12
Dear Desiguy,
It probably takes the typical student about 70 hours to go through the course, taking into account that some lessons are seen more than once, and others are paused and replayed several times.
The Barron's book is very good for a classroom course because it allows the teacher to teach one sentence correction problem at a time, before explaining how to deal with multiple problems in a question. I can understand that the book is not appropriate outside of a class, except for some review at the beginning of the sections. However, it is the very best book for sentence correction for an in-depth course like ours.
The best of luck studying for the test.
Leanna
Manager
Manager

Great improvements at GMAX Online! [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2006, 02:19
Hi everyone,
In the past few weeks we have made several improvements to the GMAX Online GMAT course.
1- If you have ever tried to watch the demo lesson at http://www.gmaxonline.com and couldn't, now we can send you a link to download to your computer, so you can watch it without the internet.
2- If you have a slow internet connection but need the course, we are now selling it on CDs. The same conditions apply: 90 views with no time limit. You must be connected to the internet to log on before you can view each lesson, but then you work offline.
3- If you finish the course, take the test, and get the grade you need, but still have unused licenses, you can sell them or give them to a friend to finish. The course works from any computer, and is not limited to the one you registered from. Simply give over your user name, email address and password to the new user.
4- If you only need one part of the course but not both, you can contact the school (very early mornings EST, Sunday through Friday), and buy the half you need for $225-. You will receive 45 licenses instead of ninety, and two CAT tests, instead of the three CAT tests we provide to students of the full course ($399-).
I hope these advances help those interested in studying properly for the GMAT, and allows people to take the course no matter what internet connection they have.
Leanna
Director,
GMAX
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Questions regarding GMAX Online Full course [#permalink] New post 21 Jun 2006, 07:02
Hi Leanna,

I am keen on GMAX Online`s Full course but had few questions before purchasing them online. I already sent my questions via email to info@gmaxonline.com yesterday and still awaiting reply. I am sorry for being in a hurry. Actually, I am planning for gmat on 28 July; have changed my work routine from full-time to part-time recently but having hard time to put study hours. Thats why, I am looking forward very much for a prep course, badly.

Please let me know if you need me to send questions to any other email address. I would be very grateful. Thank you very much for your attention.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2006, 19:22
I just took the GMAT and only did the first 2/3 of the GMAX course. It kinda depends on just how much prep you wish to do. I started with my GMAT only 6 weeks away, and felt the pace was fine, if a bit relentless.

leanna wrote:
Dear Desiguy,
It probably takes the typical student about 70 hours to go through the course, taking into account that some lessons are seen more than once, and others are paused and replayed several times.
Leanna

Cheers,
Sagar

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2007, 01:18
How much does it cost

Javed

Cheers!
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 16 Jul 2007, 14:42
What is so special in gmaxonline which others like Kaplan, don't have??
Manager
Manager

Why is GMAX Online different? [#permalink] New post 21 Jul 2007, 19:59
Dear Satija,
GMAX Online is based on a different model than almost any other course: we actually teach everything you need to know for the GMAT. We do not assume that you already have all the information and only need a quick review and some strategies. Because of this, our students gain a complete background and are on the correct level to do really well on the test.
Our course is very long - it takes about 67 hours to go through the lessons and many more hours to do the practice tests we give. You will see that other courses have many fewer hours. Check it out. The reason we have such long lessons, and so many of them, is that you need each bit of information given during the lessons. The entire course is derived from the GMAT, so there is no wasted time.
Also, there is no time limit at all: there are 90 licenses for the 30 lessons - you can take any lesson over and over again within this limit.
I hope this helps.
Regards,
Leanna
Director,
GMAX
Manager
Manager
GRE 1: 1250 Q780 V540
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 15

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2007, 14:14
Leanna,
What is the cost of the course? I couldn't open the site http://www.gmaxonlline.com/.

can you provide more details?
Manager
Manager
GRE 1: 1250 Q780 V540
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 15

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2007, 14:20
sorry,
I am able to browse the site now and got the details. Thanks.
  [#permalink] 01 Nov 2007, 14:20