Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Apr 2014, 02:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GMAX Online or MGMAT Self Study

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

GMAX Online or MGMAT Self Study [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2008, 11:22
I am planning to take up either the GMAX online or the MGMAT Self study. In terms of course content, topics covered, level of detailing which one scores more . I am looking mainly for improving my Quant speed .
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Schools: Columbia, Haas, IESE, Yale, Fuqua, Darden, NYU, Georgetown
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAX Online or MGMAT Self Study [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2008, 19:39
I used MGMAT self study plus and was very happy with it. I ended up scoring a 710 so it worked well for me. BTW if you search around on the internet you will find some 100 of discount codes
Intern
Intern

Re: GMAX Online or MGMAT Self Study [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2008, 07:58
What was your initial score before you started with the MGMAT SelfStudy package and how much were you able to raise your score. How much time did you devote in preparation through MGMAT ..before hitting that 700+ figure.
Director
Director
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
WE: Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Followers: 59

Kudos [?]: 261 [0], given: 86

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: GMAX Online or MGMAT Self Study [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2008, 06:50
I'll represent the GMAX Online camp, particularly because I'm selling my old account too (58 remaining views) :)

I scored a 700 (Q47,V39).

My first Diagnostic was a 630 and I used a lot of books along the way, but the GMAX course definitely teaches all of the material required to break 700. The MGMAT Course is probably equally capable, but no course will get you to 700+ if you dont' put in the effort. For me the decision was pretty easy, because the GMAX Online Course is so much cheaper (especially if you buy someone's remaining views).
Manager
Manager
Schools: Columbia, Haas, IESE, Yale, Fuqua, Darden, NYU, Georgetown

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAX Online or MGMAT Self Study [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2008, 17:32
rishi4you wrote:
What was your initial score before you started with the MGMAT SelfStudy package and how much were you able to raise your score. How much time did you devote in preparation through MGMAT ..before hitting that 700+ figure.

On the first diagnostic I scored a 600. Studied for a little over a month. It worked well for me. But really as Avernusaur in order to perform you have to put the work in
Intern
Intern

Re: GMAX Online or MGMAT Self Study [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2008, 08:51
hi Avernusaur ,

You mentioned that you are intrested in selling your remaining views. How does this works out. And before that i wanted to ask , what was your score initially when you started with the preparation and gave your diagnostic and how much you were able to raise your score using the GMAX online.

Do you get detailed explanation and shortcuts fo Quant section .
Director
Director
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
WE: Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Followers: 59

Kudos [?]: 261 [0], given: 86

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: GMAX Online or MGMAT Self Study [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2008, 13:40
rishi4you wrote:
hi Avernusaur ,

You mentioned that you are intrested in selling your remaining views. How does this works out. And before that i wanted to ask , what was your score initially when you started with the preparation and gave your diagnostic and how much you were able to raise your score using the GMAX online.

Do you get detailed explanation and shortcuts fo Quant section .

1) I'm not sure how people usually sell their accounts, but I was planning on the buyer sending a paypal payment and then I'd provide the account information.

2) My first diagnostic was a 630 (Q40, V36), but I paused the clock frequently and essentially took the exam untimed. With independent study I was able to get my Quant score up to the 44 range, but the GMATClub tests were still too hard. After the GMAX course I was easily in the 47-48 range, but I didn't have time/energy to work the GMATClub tests hard enough to improve even further. I was pressed for time, so I didn't do all of the homework assignments, but the course is very thorough. There are lots of shortcuts, but they teach you how to do solve problems several different ways, so you truly understand how/why the shortcut works. You do a lot of fundamental/basic stuff in the beginning, but I learned some very useful techniques for Combinations/Permutations, Probability, Work, and Group problems that I had never in my other materials.

If instruction followed by homework is a method that works for you, I think you'll benefit greatly from the course. I simply would not have learned what I did in the same amount of time otherwise. When you've got homework assignments and a schedule, it's really easy to balance your studying.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAX Online or MGMAT Self Study [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2009, 08:20
If you have any q about the GmaxOnline course
You can send an Email or contact me

Gmat is easy with Gmaxonline
http://www.gmaxonline.com

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: GMAX Online or MGMAT Self Study [#permalink] New post 06 Oct 2009, 08:23
I recommend the GMAX videos. It is pretty good especially Quant and Verbal section.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT Date: 10-22-2011
GPA: 3
WE: Information Technology (Internet and New Media)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 12

Re: GMAX Online or MGMAT Self Study [#permalink] New post 27 Aug 2010, 04:12
MGMAT!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: GMAX Online or MGMAT Self Study [#permalink] New post 12 Jul 2013, 00:36
Av wrote:
I'll represent the GMAX Online camp, particularly because I'm selling my old account too (58 remaining views) :)

I scored a 700 (Q47,V39).

My first Diagnostic was a 630 and I used a lot of books along the way, but the GMAX course definitely teaches all of the material required to break 700. The MGMAT Course is probably equally capable, but no course will get you to 700+ if you dont' put in the effort. For me the decision was pretty easy, because the GMAX Online Course is so much cheaper (especially if you buy someone's remaining views).

Hi, may i know anyone still selling their GMAX Online Course? I am interested to buy.
Re: GMAX Online or MGMAT Self Study   [#permalink] 12 Jul 2013, 00:36