Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 17:35 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 17:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Admission Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 79 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Admission Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 79 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
Re: Go for Rotman or Wait for Schulich [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Alikh wrote:
OasisGC wrote:
Alikh wrote:
I applied for the MBA programs at Rotman and Schulich in the last round for international applicants. I recently got selected for the MBA program at Rotman but haven't heard from Schulich yet (20 days). I believe Schulich is going to be a NO then.

My past experience has a mix of HR and Sales. Although, I haven't completely decided yet but my post-MBA interest is Marketing/Strategy/Consulting. Now, here is the confusion. I have been hearing that marketing people should prefer Schulich over Rotman. Considering the fact that I did not get into Schulich, I have nothing to choose but Rotman.

Since, it is a very big investment for me, I am not sure whether I should accept my Rotman offer (expiring next week) or wait and apply to Schulich later this year in the first round.

How do marketing professionals do at Rotman? Do they get good placements in leading MNCs like Unilever. P&G etc?

Help.

Hi Alikh,

Schulich and Rotman both stand equal in the market in terms of reputation. However, Rotman is more focussed on finance and Schulich offers multiple specializations. If you are sure that you do not wanna get into finance, I would recommend Schulich. Have you tried approaching them for update on your application?

Cheers,

I haven't asked them. Didn't want to appear needy. Besides, how is that going to affect the decision?
So you suggest I should wait another year for Schulich?

Thanks for your response. You do not need to wait for another year. I would suggest you get in touch with the school and ask them if they have any update on your application. You can also mention that you have an admit from Rotman but Schulich is your first choice.

Good luck
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 335 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Go for Rotman or Wait for Schulich [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi there,

Congrats on the admit to Rotman! Here are a few initial thoughts on your situation:

1) In terms of differences in employment stats and trends for Rotman vs Schulich, the best place to ask is the school itself; specifically look at and request from career services the employment reports..... look at and ask about whether specific companies recruit there, and what placements are like for different industries and functions. At a quick top-level, Schulich sends more on to marketing than Rotman but that doesn't mean you couldn't get a great marketing position from Rotman etc; you've likely seen these reports, Rotman: https://www.rotman.utoronto.ca/-/media/f ... 3-2014.pdf
and Schulich: https://www.schulich.yorku.ca/client/sch ... t+2014.pdf

You can and should also ask current students and recent alum of either school, particularly in your desired industry and/or function, for feedback on their experience and your concerns!

2) It may happen at times that you have to make a decision about one school's offer and even put down a deposit etc before knowing all results from all schools.

3) Think through other facets of how the schools are similar and different, again talk to current students and alum, and see if you can identify where you feel you'd best fit in and what your top choice is for all of the reasons mentioned, and go from there!

Good luck on the decisions!
Moderator:
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
1452 posts