Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 06:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Going from 550 to 650 in 3-4 weeks , Is it possible ?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 11

Going from 550 to 650 in 3-4 weeks , Is it possible ? [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2012, 15:33
This post received
KUDOS
Hi , First of all i appreciate the help you're all giving out , unfortunately i discovered the GMAT club 4 days before my first test .

I took the test on March the 1st after 2 weeks of (not so serious) preparations , i thought it'd be much easier than it actually is . Long story short , i got 550 but i need to get around 650 for my masters applications (Ross , LSE , Queens Canada and WBS) .

I took the toefl last week and got 115 , so it really encouraged me to improve my GMAT score to improve my chances (i have an undergrad degree in accounting with distinction ) .

Do you think it's possible to get the 650+ in this short amount of time (to make it on time before they make their decision) ? and for the schools i mentioned with my high Toefl score will a GMAT score of around 650 be enough ?

Update : forgot to mention that i don't currently work , so i can literally spend all day studying .

Thanks a lot .

Michel
Attachments

File comment: test report
cats.jpg
cats.jpg [ 69.03 KiB | Viewed 2413 times ]

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
4 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Other
Schools: University of Wisconsin (Madison) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V38
GMAT 2: 760 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.66
WE: Marketing (Manufacturing)

Kudos [?]: 25 [4] , given: 12

Re: Going from 550 to 650 in 3-4 weeks , Is it possible ? [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2012, 13:32
This post received
KUDOS
The short answer is "yes" though I'm sure you already knew if you've browsed the forums.

It's all up to you - study habits (quality vs. quantity - though it sounds like you have an abundance of the later).

Check out the stories or "journeys" of others that have retaken. No need to rehash retake strategies for each post asking for advice on retaking / score possibilities. There are plenty of these available in other posts.

I think others have moved their scores more than what you're aiming to do. For example (though not intending to present myself as a sterling example of GMAT prep...), my first practice exam landed at 580. 1 month later real GMAT @ 680, 1 month later real GMAT @ 760. I was working FT plus doing some consulting on the side for all but 1 week of the study period. Most GMAT takers work FT while preparing.

On the other hand some struggle to move their scores more than 20 points despite Herculean efforts involving 12 or more months of prep.

Absolutely doable but never any guarantees. Good luck.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V31
GMAT 2: Q V0
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 11 [1] , given: 46

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Going from 550 to 650 in 3-4 weeks , Is it possible ? [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2012, 15:32
This post received
KUDOS
Yes you can ..depends on how badly you want to achieve your goal?

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 11

Re: Going from 550 to 650 in 3-4 weeks , Is it possible ? [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2012, 12:54
This post received
KUDOS
Just wanted to update the thread . I got exactly 650 (Q : 45 / P 71)
(V : 35 / P 74 )
(T : 650 / P 79 )

I'm very satisfied , after the quantitative part i thought i'd get a bad score , but apparently i did very well in it ( and to be honest , had a little luck in the ones i guessed ) , I also thought i'd get a better grade in the verbal part , but i can't complain .

Thanks for your help .
Re: Going from 550 to 650 in 3-4 weeks , Is it possible ?   [#permalink] 26 Apr 2012, 12:54