Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Aug 2014, 12:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Going to fight with GMAT 3rd time. Plz advise me.

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Going to fight with GMAT 3rd time. Plz advise me. [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2013, 23:52
Hi All,,,,I have decided to appear for GMAT again (around Aug –Sep) . I have realized you need to have MBA if you want to reach at top. I am at a descent package but I know it would be tough in future to climb the ladder unless I have a MBA.

This is going to be my third attempt. My Previous two attempts were unsuccessful.

First Attempt – Nov 2011 – 630

Second Attempt – April 2012 -590

The Quant score during both attempts was around 48. The verbal section is my trouble area. In verbal section also its CR & RC where I struggle most. Since you have rules for SC it’s still easy to master SC. My main concern is how to increase your accuracy in CR & RC. I have practiced a lot of questions for CR & RC but I am still not at that Level.
I think more than practice I need a guidance and a trick to Master CR & RC.

Can anyone guide me how to get that magical figure of 700. Unless and Until I get my verbal score up it’s not going to be possible.

Please guide me and help me so that my accuracy in both CR & RC increases.

Also, guide me the source which I should rely on for both Quant & Verbal. I have done OG many times and now questions are already memorized. Before solving the question you know the answer which is a waste of time.

I can devote max 2 Hrs on week days and 5 Hrs on weekends. Please guide me and help me in getting a good score.

Regards

Rohit
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Re: Going to fight with GMAT 3rd time. Plz advise me. [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2013, 06:47
Please guide me....its been more than 2 days and i have not got any suggestion from experts...PLEASE Help me..
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
Schools: Booth '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V51
GPA: 3.82
WE: Business Development (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 47

Kudos [?]: 180 [0], given: 41

Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Going to fight with GMAT 3rd time. Plz advise me. [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2013, 07:35
Vandygrad11 has a thread you might look at. It's called "How do you increase verbal to V51 from V45?"

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

My GMAT debrief

Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 530 Q43 V20
GMAT 2: 560 Q42 V25
GMAT 3: 650 Q48 V31
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 65

Re: Going to fight with GMAT 3rd time. Plz advise me. [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2013, 07:40
You want to identify your weakness and work on it.. My weakness was timing.. missing simple questions in Quant under time pressure.. wasting time reading and re-reading the same question.. when I appeared for my 2nd attempt, I took a long time for 1st question in Quant because I forgot the simple conversion. supposed to divide by cubic mm.. wasted 10 seconds thinking division is right or multiplication.. In verbal, I found reading and re-reading CR and SC questions under time pressure...

This is what I plan to prepare for my 3rd attempt..

Enrolled e-gmat SC online course and working on their meaning first and sentence breakdown process
Revising MGMAT math books and working on Bunnels signature problem - practice, practice and practice
Plan to practice as much as possible for Quant
Purchased GMAC Question Pack 1
Reviewing OG questions & Answers
Stay active on this forum and help fellow GMAT aspirants
Thought of CR bible, but realized to focus on the material at hand 1st. MGMAT guides.

I plan to appear for my 3rd attempt on May 1, 2013..

These are humble notes from 500+ scorer working towards 700+....

You may want to read De-briefs from people who scored 700+..

KUDOS is a way to say Thank You

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 15

Re: Going to fight with GMAT 3rd time. Plz advise me. [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2013, 13:08
I would suggest you spend as much time as you can on simply reading. If it is possible, spend the next few weeks on reading non-GMAT material from different sources. Make sure you understand what you read, write summary passages for yourself and look up words you are uncertain about. Language skills improve by practice (like everything else), so put in as much time in front of books and articles as you can.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Going to fight with GMAT 3rd time. Plz advise me. [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2013, 14:49
My advise is go with the private tutor that I had from ClarityEd. The one I got had a Ph.D.!

Jessica
Intern
Intern

Re: Going to fight with GMAT 3rd time. Plz advise me. [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2013, 22:47
thanks guys...Even I feel before starting few weeks i should devote only to reading. Thanks people.
Intern
Intern

Re: Going to fight with GMAT 3rd time. Plz advise me. [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2013, 22:47
thanks guys...Even I feel before starting few weeks i should devote only to reading. Thanks people.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 29

Re: Going to fight with GMAT 3rd time. Plz advise me. [#permalink] New post 23 Jul 2013, 16:30
I am also planning for a 3rd attempt. good luck to you!
Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 286

Kudos [?]: 636 [0], given: 6

Re: Going to fight with GMAT 3rd time. Plz advise me. [#permalink] New post 29 Jul 2013, 09:53
Expert's post
If you're taking the GMAT for the 3rd time, you need a study plan. Try this GMATPill 1 month study plan. -- the goal is master each section in 5-7 days before moving on to the next section.

With your time availability of a few hours on wkday evenings and 5+ hours on wkends -- this is the perfect profile candidate to take advantage of the study plan as laid out.

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Re: Going to fight with GMAT 3rd time. Plz advise me.   [#permalink] 29 Jul 2013, 09:53