Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 21:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2013, 15:21
Kinda confused whether really these dates have any correlation with the time when you get interview invitation..
But to give you an overview:
Indian applicant submitted app on 17-Jan
Received 'Complete Application' email from the school on 2-Feb

That's the last piece of communication received so far from the school..
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2013, 15:49
magiccapofnix wrote:
Kinda confused whether really these dates have any correlation with the time when you get interview invitation.

I've just got invite, don't loose hope, buddy
Feel alittle bit release. Now,it's time for preparation for interview

Posted from my mobile device Image
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Healthcare
Schools: Chicago Booth - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: Q V
WE: Engineering (Health Care)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 27

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2013, 17:42
Julie146 wrote:
magiccapofnix wrote:
Kinda confused whether really these dates have any correlation with the time when you get interview invitation.

You must be so relieved! Good luck :)

My MBA application journey, one step at a time https://spoonfulofmba.wordpress.com

Intern
Intern

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2013, 17:58
Julie146 wrote:
magiccapofnix wrote:

The weird moment when getting the interview call feels as good as getting the acceptance :shock:

ATB !!
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 650 Q46 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 11

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2013, 01:06
Julie146 wrote:
magiccapofnix wrote:

Good luck Julie146!

I dropped them a mail and got a reply that my application was 'complete' on Jan 31. The wait continues for me.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 4

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2013, 09:30
Julie146 wrote:
magiccapofnix wrote:

Hey,

Can I know how you got an invite? Mail or cal or updated some where in the application status??
Intern
Intern

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2013, 09:51
Hey, I still have 4 items in my "to do list" - resume, interview, essays, recommendation. I submitted them on Jan 17th itself and got confirmation from Pam on Feb 3rd. Is there anything that I need to worry about?? Do you think I need to contact anyone in specific? coz I mailed to admissions and they said they will look into it 10days ago. But still now I didn't get any update :(
Current Student
GMAT 1: 720 Q V
GMAT 2: Q V0
GPA: 3.2
WE: Operations (Investment Banking)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 19

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2013, 09:33
Anyone going to Atlanta for a March 4 interview?
Intern
Intern

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2013, 15:11
BMN wrote:
Julie146 wrote:
magiccapofnix wrote:

Hey,

Can I know how you got an invite? Mail or cal or updated some where in the application status??

I got an email with instruction to arrange interview appointment via web conference.
Hope you would get good news soon
Intern
Intern

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2013, 15:13
BMN wrote:
Hey, I still have 4 items in my "to do list" - resume, interview, essays, recommendation. I submitted them on Jan 17th itself and got confirmation from Pam on Feb 3rd. Is there anything that I need to worry about?? Do you think I need to contact anyone in specific? coz I mailed to admissions and they said they will look into it 10days ago. But still now I didn't get any update :(

It's quite weird. You should call to adcom to check
Intern
Intern

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2013, 15:14
Julie146 wrote:
BMN wrote:

Yeah. I checked with them, they removed it today.
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [2] , given: 1

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2013, 15:09
This post received
KUDOS
It was useful for me and I want to pay it forward ... Karma

I was interviewed this week. The interview is more a conversation than anything else, very friendly in general!

Basically I had to tell a story of my resume while the interviewer was asking very simple questions. Why did you chose that job? why you moved to another industry? how doing this and that improved the sales by xx%?
-Define my leadership style and how I have been applying it
-Short and long term goals
-They never asked me why emory or what about Atlanta because throughout my answers I was mentioning key aspects
- Extracurriculars - The person read the bullet point I had there and asked me to expand a bit more

Really nothing to matter even if its your first interview. The only thing I will highly recommend is to read again your resume point by point and ask to yourself the basic questions: how, why, what. You should be able to tell a short and good story of every point, specially the most recent experience.

Good luck to everyone!!!!!
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2013, 00:16
BMN wrote:
Julie146 wrote:
BMN wrote:

Yeah. I checked with them, they removed it today.

It is quite normal for Emory. As far as I understood they have a week or two weeks lag. I had 6 items in my to-do list for more than 10 days after submission.
Intern
Intern

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2013, 05:51
rfmba wrote:

I was interviewed this week. The interview is more a conversation than anything else, very friendly in general!

Basically I had to tell a story of my resume while the interviewer was asking very simple questions. Why did you chose that job? why you moved to another industry? how doing this and that improved the sales by xx%?
-They never asked me why emory or what about Atlanta because throughout my answers I was mentioning key aspects
- Extracurriculars - The person read the bullet point I had there and asked me to expand a bit more

Really nothing to matter even if its your first interview. The only thing I will highly recommend is to read again your resume point by point and ask to yourself the basic questions: how, why, what. You should be able to tell a short and good story of every point, specially the most recent experience.

thank you so much.I will have interview next thursday and your experience surely helps me much to prepare for my interview <3
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2013, 06:31
Julie146 wrote:
rfmba wrote:

thank you so much.I will have interview next thursday and your experience surely helps me much to prepare for my interview <3

Just be prepared and relaxed. It is not job interview. All the questions are quite standard, nothing special. They want to be sure that you will fit the school culture.

Good luck
Manager
Manager

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 13:00
Received the invite about 2 hours ago. If we're monitoring trends, it seems that applicants receive the invitation 2 weeks after the 'Application Complete' mail.

My MBA application journey, one step at a time https://spoonfulofmba.wordpress.com

Intern
Intern

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 19:08
Prudence wrote:
Received the invite about 2 hours ago. If we're monitoring trends, it seems that applicants receive the invitation 2 weeks after the 'Application Complete' mail.

Congrats!! Good Luck!

I am too expecting the result this week. Did you receive an email ??
Manager
Manager

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 19:15
BMN wrote:
Prudence wrote:

Congrats!! Good Luck!

Yep, with instructions to do it on MS Lync

Intern
Intern

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 19:21
Me too waiting.. If not this week- then there's every possibility that it would not come :-(
Intern
Intern

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 20:56
Prudence wrote:
BMN wrote:
Prudence wrote:

Congrats!! Good Luck!

Yep, with instructions to do it on MS Lync

Thx 4 d info..
Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants   [#permalink] 25 Feb 2013, 20:56