Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Sep 2014, 10:44

Happy Labor Day:

Free Access to New GMATClub Tests for all GMATClub Members!!


Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Jan 2013
Posts: 30
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 4

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2013, 12:29
Looks like applicants results are being released.
If I didn't get an interview invite yet, does that mean a ding?? :(
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Jan 2013
Posts: 30
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 4

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2013, 12:37
haiwen wrote:
In @ 1-year program! I applied to both (one year being the first choice) and havn't received the decision regarding the 2-year program yet. Email notification. I'm an international applicant residing in Goergia now.

So does anyone receive the 2-year decision yet?


Looks like some applicants received the decision. By the way did you get an interview invite?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Jan 2012
Posts: 1
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2013, 13:14
well fwiw, i received a ding
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 29 Nov 2012
Posts: 123
Location: Canada
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Kelley (Indiana) - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE: Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 23

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2013, 13:19
Just got dinged. :( (although it was hardly painful because I prefer Kelley) Good luck to my fellow dings at finding a seat at another school and congrats to all the admits.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Posts: 44
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 630 Q45 V33
GMAT 2: 670 Q45 V38
GRE 1: 310 Q158 V152
GRE 2: 315 Q160 V155
GPA: 3.2
WE: Analyst (Accounting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2013, 19:53
Got WL...I guess it's better than "no"...and now I must hope that someone gets into a better school so that they let me off the WL! Any advice on what I should do to get off the WL or better my chances? BTW I applied through the Consortium...so I'm hoping I eventually get in!
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 01 Mar 2013
Posts: 42
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.51
WE: Analyst (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 7

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2013, 22:20
DMNY31 wrote:
Got the e-mail from Goizueta. I'm in! $$, but amount not specified.

2-yr FullTime.

Best of luck guys


Congratulations on the $$$ and on getting in
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 01 Mar 2013
Posts: 42
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.51
WE: Analyst (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 7

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2013, 22:22
Got a ding email myself...
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 01 Mar 2013
Posts: 42
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.51
WE: Analyst (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 7

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2013, 22:23
rfmba wrote:
I am in! International student. Email - no call!

So happy! best of luck to EVERYONE!


Congratulations and all the best...
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 01 Mar 2013
Posts: 42
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.51
WE: Analyst (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 7

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2013, 22:25
haiwen wrote:
In @ 1-year program! I applied to both (one year being the first choice) and havn't received the decision regarding the 2-year program yet. Email notification. I'm an international applicant residing in Goergia now.

So does anyone receive the 2-year decision yet?


Congratulations. I guess if you got your first choice program then that should be good mate...
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 01 Mar 2013
Posts: 42
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.51
WE: Analyst (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 7

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2013, 22:25
Prudence wrote:
My OPUS account says I'm waitlisted and then I get an email saying I'm accepted. A quick check with the adcom confirmed that I have indeed been accepted into the 2 year program, with $$.

But oh man, I wish I hadn't logged onto OPUS before I saw that acceptance mail :cry: . Horrible way to get your first acceptance.
Anyhoo, good luck to all!


That is hell of an incident specially for the first invite. Congratulations on that. You must be so relieved...
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 01 Mar 2013
Posts: 42
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.51
WE: Analyst (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 7

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2013, 22:28
BMN wrote:
AJUnited wrote:
chdheeraj1 wrote:
Looks like only 1 indian in this forum received an invite so far. Given the decisions come out on Mar 15, the chances are looking bleak now


The best we can hope for is a WL. I am sure there wouldn't be any interview before decision date now. Damn!


Guys did you get any update on the status??
I am too from India, looks like many of us didn't get call, does that mean we can hope for an interview invite even after the DD??


If you haven't received an invite, it is in all likelihood a ding or a WL. A bunch of folks (including me) received a ding mail from the Adcom yesterday. Hang in tight and you should have any update by tomorrow.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Feb 2013
Posts: 7
Location: China
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q V0
GPA: 3.4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2013, 23:13
ProfessorX wrote:
Got WL...I guess it's better than "no"...and now I must hope that someone gets into a better school so that they let me off the WL! Any advice on what I should do to get off the WL or better my chances? BTW I applied through the Consortium...so I'm hoping I eventually get in!


I got waitlisted too. I replied to accept it, and asked for feedbacks how to improve. Hope to receive a reply soon. Really wanna go to Emory...
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Posts: 44
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 630 Q45 V33
GMAT 2: 670 Q45 V38
GRE 1: 310 Q158 V152
GRE 2: 315 Q160 V155
GPA: 3.2
WE: Analyst (Accounting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 01:11
TJ83 wrote:
ProfessorX wrote:
Got WL...I guess it's better than "no"...and now I must hope that someone gets into a better school so that they let me off the WL! Any advice on what I should do to get off the WL or better my chances? BTW I applied through the Consortium...so I'm hoping I eventually get in!


I got waitlisted too. I replied to accept it, and asked for feedbacks how to improve. Hope to receive a reply soon. Really wanna go to Emory...




Well at least you got into Marshall...I didn't even get invited to an interview to Marshall (and I'm FROM Los Angeles AND i had connects at USC)...go figure right? I'm not IN anywhere yet so I just wanna BE in. Gonna hear from a few more tomorrow, and then Duke on Monday. I'm still applying to a few more schools in the 3rd round and waiting to hear from Vandy, UNC and NYU (applied to all 3 in the 3rd round).

I also filled out the form and asked for feedback...I'm going to try and make a trip out to Atlanta and try to push my way into Emory. I'll do whatever it takes!!!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Feb 2013
Posts: 7
Location: China
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q V0
GPA: 3.4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 02:17
ProfessorX wrote:
TJ83 wrote:
ProfessorX wrote:
Got WL...I guess it's better than "no"...and now I must hope that someone gets into a better school so that they let me off the WL! Any advice on what I should do to get off the WL or better my chances? BTW I applied through the Consortium...so I'm hoping I eventually get in!


I got waitlisted too. I replied to accept it, and asked for feedbacks how to improve. Hope to receive a reply soon. Really wanna go to Emory...




Well at least you got into Marshall...I didn't even get invited to an interview to Marshall (and I'm FROM Los Angeles AND i had connects at USC)...go figure right? I'm not IN anywhere yet so I just wanna BE in. Gonna hear from a few more tomorrow, and then Duke on Monday. I'm still applying to a few more schools in the 3rd round and waiting to hear from Vandy, UNC and NYU (applied to all 3 in the 3rd round).

I also filled out the form and asked for feedback...I'm going to try and make a trip out to Atlanta and try to push my way into Emory. I'll do whatever it takes!!!


Good luck to your trip! I wish I could travel to Atlanta but I'm in China and drowned with work stuff... I guess the only way I can do is waiting for a feedback, and updating whatever I can provide. Really wanna push for Emory. The seats reserved for R3 international applicants are limited but worth a try.
USC is very nice but I'm having a big headache with their loan policy for international students....
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Jan 2013
Posts: 30
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 4

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 06:43
Well, I got a ding :(

Congrats for all the applicants who got an admit!!
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Status: Poor but happy
Joined: 06 Mar 2012
Posts: 156
Concentration: Marketing, Healthcare
Schools: Chicago Booth - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: Q V
WE: Engineering (Health Care)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 27

GMAT Tests User
Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2013, 07:06
AJUnited wrote:
Prudence wrote:
My OPUS account says I'm waitlisted and then I get an email saying I'm accepted. A quick check with the adcom confirmed that I have indeed been accepted into the 2 year program, with $$.

But oh man, I wish I hadn't logged onto OPUS before I saw that acceptance mail :cry: . Horrible way to get your first acceptance.
Anyhoo, good luck to all!


That is hell of an incident specially for the first invite. Congratulations on that. You must be so relieved...


I'd say that the waitlist mail just about killed any joy I felt (and ruined my plans to do an acceptance dance :) )
I couldn't even manage a smile for the scholarship mail. I'll take the weekend to let it sink in.
_________________

My MBA application journey, one step at a time https://spoonfulofmba.wordpress.com

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 May 2012
Posts: 1
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Mar 2013, 18:11
Are there any other Round 4 Applicants out there? I submitted the application on 3/8 and am awaiting an interview invite. Has anyone from Round 4 received word of an interview?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Jan 2013
Posts: 27
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V34
GPA: 3.58
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2013, 05:17
MBA6200 wrote:
Are there any other Round 4 Applicants out there? I submitted the application on 3/8 and am awaiting an interview invite. Has anyone from Round 4 received word of an interview?


I am a round 4 applicant. I have just received my interview invitation for April 3. I am a bit excited but have a whole week to get prepared.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Status: Current Student
Joined: 06 Oct 2012
Posts: 13
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Goizueta (M)
WE: Account Management (Advertising and PR)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2013, 12:21
To everyone bummed about their WL decision - I certainly understand it is not what you want to hear, but I would encourage you to not give up on the process if GBS is truly your dream (as some of you have stated). The easiest way to demonstrate that you deserve be taken from the WL is to express your strong interest in GBS and to acutely define what you can add to our community. The WL is not a brick wall, but a challenge to demonstrate your value. I am happy to offer suggestions, just PM if you are interested.

Best of luck to everyone,
Jon
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 08 Apr 2013
Posts: 27
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 3.7
WE: Analyst (Other)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2013, 10:02
MBA6200 wrote:
Are there any other Round 4 Applicants out there? I submitted the application on 3/8 and am awaiting an interview invite. Has anyone from Round 4 received word of an interview?


I am a round 4 applicant and was invited for an interview on March 21. I went in for my interview on April 5.
Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants   [#permalink] 08 Apr 2013, 10:02
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all Goizueta-Emory Applicant(2015 Intake)class of 17 Narenn 2 08 Jul 2014, 11:22
1 Experts publish their posts in the topic Goizueta (Emory) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! CMcAboy 481 25 Apr 2013, 07:41
29 Experts publish their posts in the topic Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants bb 395 21 Oct 2012, 16:06
Experts publish their posts in the topic Emory One year MBA 2013- Calling all applicants souvik101990 0 14 Feb 2013, 20:23
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20    Next  [ 396 posts ] 



cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.