Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Aug 2014, 07:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V42
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 5

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2012, 11:51
tejachebrole7- interview invites are sent out when adcoms complete going through your entire application and decide to interview you. This could be anytime, upto even a week before the decision date.

shmirill- The admissions staff is pretty snowed down around this time and so may not be able to respond to communications immediately. Let them take their time, and if there is any clarification regarding any part of your application they require, rest assured they will contact you promptly.If your GMAT score has been sent, same will eventually reflect in OPUS when they retrieve it.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2012, 13:24
Finally, after sending email to Pam i have received "Complete Application" notification. OPUS status still the same though... hope it will change soon, just for the piece of mind :).
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 2.1

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 1

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2012, 21:30
Under the "to do" list on OPUS, it says "interview-initiated". So I just wait now? Or do I need to do something?
Current Student
Affiliations: Volunteer Operation Smile India, Creative Head of College IEEE branch (2009-10), Chief Editor College Magazine (2009), Finance Head College Magazine (2008)
WE2: Entrepreneur (E-commerce - The Laptop Skin Vault)
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE: Marketing (Other)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 81 [0], given: 24

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2012, 21:45
hselika wrote:
Under the "to do" list on OPUS, it says "interview-initiated". So I just wait now? Or do I need to do something?

Nope, that remains as it is until you are invited to interview. That's what the e-mail from Goizueta says.

Kidchaos

http://www.laptopskinvault.com

Follow The Laptop Skin Vault on:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/TheLaptopSkinVault
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/LaptopSkinVault

Consider Kudos if you think the Post is good
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot. Nothing is going to change. It's not. - Dr. Seuss

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2012, 00:12
shmirill wrote:
Finally, after sending email to Pam i have received "Complete Application" notification. OPUS status still the same though... hope it will change soon, just for the piece of mind :).

I still have my "toefl" status as initiated but received "complete application" e-mail about 2 weeks ago. Don`t worry.
Intern
Intern

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2012, 00:17
alexpiers wrote:
shmirill wrote:

I still have my "toefl" status as initiated but received "complete application" e-mail about 2 weeks ago. Don`t worry.

Thanks for the reply :)

It's kinda weird though how their system works, cause i have applied to much bigger schools than Emory, and the process of updating the online profile and receiving an interview invitations was way faster....
Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2012, 00:22
shmirill wrote:
alexpiers wrote:
shmirill wrote:

Thanks for the reply :)

It's kinda weird though how their system works, cause i have applied to much bigger schools than Emory, and the process of updating the online profile and receiving an interview invitations was way faster....

Agree. Usually it takes couple days.
Current Student

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2012, 19:05
I got an interview invite today :). Web conference on Lync. Any advice for me?

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2012, 23:53
alexpiers wrote:
shmirill wrote:

So you think they gonna check our application despite OPUS status?

Was hoping to hear from them before Christmas break...

Also i dont understand why their Decision Release date is on 25th of january, earliest of most schools, when its taking them so long to handle the technical process of the applications...
Current Student
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.74
WE: General Management (Hospitality and Tourism)

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 5

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2012, 00:05
In response to hselika: "I got an interview invite today :). Web conference on Lync. Any advice for me?"

Congratulations! Have fun and be yourself - because they smell BS (even through computers).
Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2012, 02:34
shmirill wrote:
alexpiers wrote:
shmirill wrote:

Also i dont understand why their Decision Release date is on 25th of january, earliest of most schools, when its taking them so long to handle the technical process of the applications...

So you think they gonna check our application despite OPUS status? - Yes, I believe so.

Also i dont understand why their Decision Release date is on 25th of january, earliest of most schools, when its taking them so long to handle the technical process of the applications - don`t know. I would rarther prefer accuracy too but I think it is minor problem actually.
Current Student
Affiliations: Volunteer Operation Smile India, Creative Head of College IEEE branch (2009-10), Chief Editor College Magazine (2009), Finance Head College Magazine (2008)
WE2: Entrepreneur (E-commerce - The Laptop Skin Vault)
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
WE: Marketing (Other)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 81 [0], given: 24

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2012, 02:40
alexpiers wrote:

So you think they gonna check our application despite OPUS status? - Yes, I believe so.

Also i dont understand why their Decision Release date is on 25th of january, earliest of most schools, when its taking them so long to handle the technical process of the applications - don`t know. I would rarther prefer accuracy too but I think it is minor problem actually.[/quote]

Frankly I think it's taking them this long only because Emory has a terrible application system technologically. Most other systems are basically self checking which is why you get an application complete confirmation much more quickly.

Even when I was uploading the stuff into the application I was very worried about whether I had uploaded everything or not because there was no sort of application checklist at the end like other schools have which tells you if you are missing something. Instead you have to go into each section and check if the components are there.

Which is why i think it takes them longer. Although, how they are going to manage interviewing so many applicants in less than a month is beyond me.

Kidchaos

http://www.laptopskinvault.com

Follow The Laptop Skin Vault on:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/TheLaptopSkinVault
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/LaptopSkinVault

Consider Kudos if you think the Post is good
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot. Nothing is going to change. It's not. - Dr. Seuss

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V40
GPA: 3
WE: Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2012, 07:55
hselika wrote:

Congrats! hselika. When have you scheduled the interview. All the best for the interview.
Current Student

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2012, 20:41
Just a question though: the goizueta interviews are not blind are they? My interview is with an AdCom member. They will know all about my essays transcripts etc before they come to interview me right?

Current Student

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2012, 20:42
tejachebrole7 wrote:
hselika wrote:

Congrats! hselika. When have you scheduled the interview. All the best for the interview.

Thanks. Early jan. :)

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q V0
WE: Investment Banking (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 4

Reviews Badge
Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2012, 14:49
Congrats...

The ones that are dinged .. any idea how are they notified. Is it just a long wait till feb..
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V40
GPA: 3
WE: Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Dec 2012, 13:17
Melodania wrote:
tejachebrole7- interview invites are sent out when adcoms complete going through your entire application and decide to interview you. This could be anytime, upto even a week before the decision date.

Thanks Meladonia. Any idea how many Indian students were admitted in the first round admissions?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Goizueta '15 (I)
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V34
GPA: 3.45
WE: Real Estate (Other)

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Dec 2012, 06:29
Did anyone else get into the 1 year program?
Current Student

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2012, 05:44
Guys, any advice/comments on the below?

Just a question though: the goizueta interviews are not blind are they? My interview is with an AdCom member. They will know all about my essays transcripts etc before they come to interview me right

Current Student
GMAT 1: 710 Q43 V44

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2012, 06:14
yes they are blind, the adcom will no have read your essays or transcripts, just your resume
Re: Goizueta (Emory) - Calling All 2013 MBA Applicants   [#permalink] 26 Dec 2012, 06:14