Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 22:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Goizueta (Emory) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: Duke '16 (WL)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
WE: Education (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [1] , given: 8

Re: Goizueta (Emory) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2014, 10:55
This post received
KUDOS
AdiRedDevil wrote:
Hi fellow applicants,

I am a R3 applicant and when I visit OPUS, I see 1 in my to-do list. On accessing it displays, interview initiated. I am not sure how to interpret it; does anyone else have this interview initiated status in their to-do list?

Interview initiated is their default status. No need to worry. This is mentioned somewhere either on the Goizueta website or the OPUS forum.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.9
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 37

Re: Goizueta (Emory) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2014, 11:16
rohitowe3 wrote:
AdiRedDevil wrote:
Hi fellow applicants,

I am a R3 applicant and when I visit OPUS, I see 1 in my to-do list. On accessing it displays, interview initiated. I am not sure how to interpret it; does anyone else have this interview initiated status in their to-do list?

Interview initiated is their default status. No need to worry. This is mentioned somewhere either on the Goizueta website or the OPUS forum.

Thanks Rohit for sharing!
BSchool Forum Moderator
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 81 [0], given: 30

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Goizueta (Emory) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2014, 21:38
FWIW. I got a mail saying that my application is complete. What is the next step in the process? They review it immediately? Or it is done based on geography? Any insights on the admission process?

Thanks,
Prodizy
3 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: Mays '16 (A)
GMAT 1: Q V

Kudos [?]: 10 [3] , given: 1

Re: Goizueta (Emory) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2014, 02:14
This post received
KUDOS
I believe it's done based on geography. They'd start reviewing your app after Jan 30, once the R2 results are out. Going by the R2 interview trends, folks from India are invited to interview a bit later compared to folks from other parts.

Good luck!

prodizy wrote:
FWIW. I got a mail saying that my application is complete. What is the next step in the process? They review it immediately? Or it is done based on geography? Any insights on the admission process?

Thanks,
Prodizy
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: Goizueta (Emory) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2014, 19:36
I got interviewed by Katie last night. It was a really pleasant experience and the conversation went pretty smooth.

The only concern I have is that it got over within 23 mins, including the part where I ended up asking questions.
I was asked about my job, my city and overall myself. The "why Goizueta" was asked as well. Apart from that, everything else happened to be in a relaxed and a light mood.

Posted from my mobile device Image
BSchool Forum Moderator
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 81 [0], given: 30

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Goizueta (Emory) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2014, 20:27
Some2609 wrote:
I got interviewed by Katie last night. It was a really pleasant experience and the conversation went pretty smooth.

The only concern I have is that it got over within 23 mins, including the part where I ended up asking questions.
I was asked about my job, my city and overall myself. The "why Goizueta" was asked as well. Apart from that, everything else happened to be in a relaxed and a light mood.

Hey, all the best.

Thanks,
Prodizy
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.9
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 37

Re: Goizueta (Emory) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2014, 07:28
Some2609 wrote:

Good to hear about your experience. Do not worry about short interview; if the interviewer shows interest in the conversation you should be happy. If the length is short that could very well mean that the admissions committee are close to give you an admit but wanted to have a quick conversation to touch few points before their decision.
1 KUDOS received
McCombs Thread Master
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 22 [1] , given: 21

CAT Tests
Re: Goizueta (Emory) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2014, 11:51
This post received
KUDOS
Well this one is for the R2 applicant like me who are yet to hear for any interview call. I just mailed GBS regarding my application status, and asking about the interview.

This is the reply that I got

"Decision release date is still January 30th. All decisions for round two will be released by that date.
Thank you,"

I guess this sums it all, definitely it is a ding for me. All the best people.

Thanks

JKaustubh

My GMAT debrief

greatness is not about possessing talent but about having the discipline to summon that talent whenever needed!!!

Please Kudos my post if it helped you!!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: Goizueta (Emory) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2014, 17:28
jkaustubh wrote:
Well this one is for the R2 applicant like me who are yet to hear for any interview call. I just mailed GBS regarding my application status, and asking about the interview.

"Decision release date is still January 30th. All decisions for round two will be released by that date.
Thank you,"

Thanks

JKaustubh

Why is it a ding? It's not January 30th yet.
Goizueta Thread Master
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 680 Q46 V38
GPA: 3.2
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 23

GMAT Tests User
Re: Goizueta (Emory) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2014, 17:40
alwaysflying wrote:
jkaustubh wrote:

Thank you,"

Thanks

JKaustubh

The fat lady hasn't sung yet!
Intern
Intern
Schools: Mays '16 (A)
GMAT 1: Q V

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 1

Re: Goizueta (Emory) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2014, 20:45
I guess they'd keep few on WL (w/o interviewing) and assess them again in R3, much like Tepper does.

The wait never seems to end! :)

CMcAboy wrote:
alwaysflying wrote:
jkaustubh wrote:

Thank you,"

Thanks

JKaustubh

The fat lady hasn't sung yet!
McCombs Thread Master
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 21

CAT Tests
Re: Goizueta (Emory) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2014, 22:01
Yes I guess WL w/o interview is another possibility, but I am not very optimistic from Emory. I don't know why, but can't help the feeling

My GMAT debrief

greatness is not about possessing talent but about having the discipline to summon that talent whenever needed!!!

Please Kudos my post if it helped you!!

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.4

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 24

Re: Goizueta (Emory) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2014, 23:01
jkaustubh wrote:
Yes I guess WL w/o interview is another possibility, but I am not very optimistic from Emory. I don't know why, but can't help the feeling

Still a few days to go. Don't lose hope!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Goizueta (Emory) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2014, 11:00
FROM Goizueta Emory Admissions Blog: Should I Apply in the Final Round?
Think it’s not worth submitting your application in the final round? Think again:
Remember we...
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors
Goizueta Thread Master

GMAT Tests User
Re: Goizueta (Emory) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2014, 08:00
Does anyone know if calls are going out today or tomorrow? It looks like its been pretty random in the past. Last year, they went out the day before and the day of, but for this year, they only went out the day of.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q V0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Goizueta (Emory) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2014, 18:41
CMcAboy wrote:
Does anyone know if calls are going out today or tomorrow? It looks like its been pretty random in the past. Last year, they went out the day before and the day of, but for this year, they only went out the day of.

Emory University was closed today and will be closed tomorrow the 30th due to weather. Not exactly sure how this will impact Round 2 decision notifications, but it won't help....
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: Goizueta (Emory) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2014, 18:43
This post received
KUDOS
lowbrow wrote:
CMcAboy wrote:

Emory University was closed today and will be closed tomorrow the 30th due to weather. Not exactly sure how this will impact Round 2 decision notifications, but it won't help....

@lowbrow, did you just create your profile to post a comment here?
Anyway, the results will come out tomorrow as per Julie Barefoot (assoc. director of Admissions at Emory Goizueta).
Goizueta Thread Master

GMAT Tests User
Re: Goizueta (Emory) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2014, 18:47
Based on the first page of this thread, it looks like one round 2 applicant was admitted about 4 hours ago.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Goizueta (Emory) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2014, 18:50
CMcAboy wrote:
Based on the first page of this thread, it looks like one round 2 applicant was admitted about 4 hours ago.

The same page says 2 people have scholarship/fellowship in this round. Not sure how come $$ is more than no. of admits ! :O
Goizueta Thread Master

GMAT Tests User
Re: Goizueta (Emory) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2014, 18:52
goizuetaprospective wrote:
CMcAboy wrote:

The same page says 2 people have scholarship/fellowship in this round. Not sure how come $$ is more than no. of admits ! :O

LoL! Good Point!
Re: Goizueta (Emory) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 29 Jan 2014, 18:52