Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Sep 2014, 04:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Goizueta's Real Estate program?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 29

Goizueta's Real Estate program? [#permalink] New post 23 Jun 2013, 11:53
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has any input regarding GSB's RE program? From my research I learned that it is a new program (2007) but apparently they have very strong network and presence in Atlanta. So I am interested in this particular program but I am not sure how competitive I would be based on my work experience especially since I would be a career switcher (2 years accounting + 1 year IB).

I got better grades and GMAT against the admitted GSB's admitted pool, very nice extra curricular activities (cum laude, dean's list, athletics with lots of successes, team captain, student government for 2 years, leadership training for 2 years and volunteering), speak 4 languages but would only have 3 years of WE upon matriculation. BTW I am from Eastern Europe but I graduated at a small liberal arts university in USA.

Any input would be appreciated.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 118 [1] , given: 1

Re: Goizueta's Real Estate program? [#permalink] New post 24 Jun 2013, 04:50
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Hi there,

Your research is spot on. While a newer program, they have really invested in it to fill a gap in that offering for the southeast. Their investments have been paying off in rankings, as well, due in part to these niche offerings and have brought them into the top 20 for a reason.

The thing about Emory is that they cultivate very small classes (90 - 100 a year) in their full time program. However, they are accepting of fewer years of work experience if you can effectively communicate the value you bring to the classroom. The smaller size means each student needs to take charge and make the MBA experience their own.

Keep in mind, 3 years isn't THAT low and while I don't know what you did in Accounting, the fact that you made the switch into IB is a testament. Additionally, a year (2 at matriculation) in IB is a career accelerator and is worth more than the linear time frame suggests. Couple this with your undergrad extracurriculars and GPA/GMAT and I think you've got a great chance at this program.

Actually - I would go so far as to say a good application will probably get you in, whereas a great one may equal scholarships (this is, of course, contingent upon your work experiences themselves as well as what your GMAT score actually is).

If you have questions - please don't hesitate to ask!

Bhavik

Bhavik
Managing Partner

Critical Square | MBA Admissions Services

Web | Blog | Free Resources | Facebook | Twitter

Was this post helpful to you? Give a Kudos and let me know!

Re: Goizueta's Real Estate program?   [#permalink] 24 Jun 2013, 04:50