Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 02:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Golden Gate or Uni of San Francisco MS FIN

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 530 Q48 V16
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Golden Gate or Uni of San Francisco MS FIN [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2012, 13:40
Hello guys,i am planning to attend a MS finance program in Golden Gate University or Uni of San Francisco.Both of them are one year full time program but there is 15000 dollars gap between two schools.(Uni of San Francisco is the expensive one) Besides i have some concerns about taking CFA(at least level 1) after the graduation.What do you think about these schools and do you have any other school suggestions which is appropriate in preparing for CFA in San Francisco?

i would like to hear your comments...
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 0

Re: Golden Gate or Uni of San Francisco MS FIN [#permalink] New post 19 Aug 2012, 20:35
I'd go with the least expensive program. Focus on networking, getting good grades and the CFA Level 1.

Master in Finance HQ
http://www.msfhq.com

Intern
Intern

Re: Golden Gate or Uni of San Francisco MS FIN [#permalink] New post 20 Aug 2012, 04:02
Thank you for your attention.I think you indicated that there isn't big difference in replacement between these schools,you would recommend just focusing networking and preparing the cfa exam while i am taking education.However,i have concerns about networking, such don't have any information about professors in both schools whether they have strong relations with people in finance sector.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 0

Re: Golden Gate or Uni of San Francisco MS FIN [#permalink] New post 20 Aug 2012, 19:34
Sounds like you have serious concerns about both programs. Might I ask why you are choosing to do either? An MSF is a great degree, but without networking, interning and interview prep it will just be another piece of paper on the wall.

Master in Finance HQ
http://www.msfhq.com

Intern
Intern

Re: Golden Gate or Uni of San Francisco MS FIN [#permalink] New post 21 Aug 2012, 03:52
Well,my aim is to take an advanced mba in top schools;however i don't have sufficent funds right now,my english is not that great as well.Besides i want to have a work experience in finance sector at least 3 years,so i will start with msf and maybe 3-4 years later i would do my mba.

If i take CFA level 1 before graduation,may i find an internship easily?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: Q V

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Golden Gate or Uni of San Francisco MS FIN [#permalink] New post 22 Aug 2012, 02:46
UGC NET Coaching centres in Bangalore, study material for ugc net, UGC NET Coaching classes in Bangalore, UGC NET Coaching institutions in Bangalore, UGC NET Coaching centres, UGC NET Coaching classes, UGC NET Coaching institutions, UGC NET Coaching centres and coaching classes in Bangalore
Re: Golden Gate or Uni of San Francisco MS FIN   [#permalink] 22 Aug 2012, 02:46