Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 11:00

Going on right now!

Interview Invites from Chicago - Booth | Join the chat room for Live Updates.

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Good Enough GMAT Score for most US and European MBA Programs

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Good Enough GMAT Score for most US and European MBA Programs [#permalink] New post 09 May 2012, 00:11
Hi don't know whether this is the right section to post this question as I saw suggestions about posting GMAT score question in here.

I recently scheduled two GMAT exams (I was taking to take the first one as trial and take the second one as final) and I scored a 710 (Q50, V34) in the first try. Although I crossed the 700 mark, given the average verbal score, should I retake the GMAT or cancel the second exam to concentrate on my applications.

I would like to apply for some of the top US and European MBA programs and wonder whether this score is good enough or the verbal score will still need some work?

Thank you very much for any comment and help, very much appreciated. Have a wonderful day. :)
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 33

Kudos [?]: 88 [0], given: 6

Re: Good Enough GMAT Score for most US and European MBA Programs [#permalink] New post 24 May 2012, 03:47
Hi,

710 is a good GMAT Score and 34 in Verbal is not a bad score. Your verbal score would be around 70 percentile.

A low GMAT score in one section can certainly be offset by submitting a good essay and working hard on your application and interviews. Most schools see a combination of all these things to grant an admission.

As per your GMAT Score Chicago Booth, Wharton, Kellogg, Ross Michigan and Duke are among the top US B Schools where you can apply. There are many more but the mentioned list comprises of a few good ones in the US that you should definitely target. It is highly advisable in your case to focus on your application evaluation essays. This is where you can demonstrate your leadership qualities, achievements, professional vision and other abilities. A well presented and perfectly written essay is absolutely critical to make a strong case for yourself during the final interview and more so when you have an average GMAT scores.

It is highly recommended to seek assistance from professional consultants for guidance who can more closely review your situation and provide you with a list of B Schools where you would have chances of converting your application to admission. You should also get your essays reviewed from them before sending it along with your application to better your prospects.

You can visit http://www.general-ed.com/MBA-essay-analysis to learn more about professional essay evaluation services and http://www.general-ed.com/mba-counselingto see how General Ed can help you with MBA counselling and Application Evaluation.

Also if you happen to be based in Bangalore you can attend a MBA workshop by Directors of Admissions, ISB along with alumnus of various global B-Schools during the dates mentioned in this links http://www.general-ed.com/workshops-and-seminars

Feel free to post any other query or concern that you might have.

Regards
Neha Singh
http://www.general-ed.com/
Re: Good Enough GMAT Score for most US and European MBA Programs   [#permalink] 24 May 2012, 03:47