Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 09 Jul 2014, 22:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

good fit for a budding digital media entrepreneur?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 11

good fit for a budding digital media entrepreneur? [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2010, 01:36
I am looking for a school that can help me develop web-based businesses, but I would also like to have the option of working for a company like Amazon right after graduating, possibly in an associate product or marketing manager role. I got a good vibe from the Foster website, but any inside info from current students would be great! Does Amazon recruit at the school? How is the marketing program? What about entrepreneurship? Is there a culture of digital media entrepreneurship? Resources?

Also, I'm wondering how often the school gives out scholarships.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Ross (admit after WL), Foster (admit), Wharton (ding), Thunderbird (admit)
WE 1: US Army logistics
WE 2: Client management & business development (Russian Auditing & accounting firm)
WE 3: Sales for renewable energy firm
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Re: good fit for a budding digital media entrepreneur? [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2010, 13:42
Wow... seems like its been quite a while & no one replied to this. I hope this answer is still relevant.

As far as Entrepreneurship goes, one of my friends - who is also an aspiring independent entrepreneur - is going to Babson, and is very pleased with the program so far (which is supposedly the number 1 school for the entrepreneurship niche).

If you want the opportunity to work for Amazon, then U of Washington (Foster) may be another very fitting choice. Entrepreneurship and international business are their well-known strong suits, and the Foster school is located less than 7 miles away from Amazon's global HQ, which makes networking easier. Of course, Amazon isn't the only web-based business in the Greater Seattle area, RealNetworks - the maker of Real Player, is also HQed in Seattle.

Last edited by GMATveteran on 25 Dec 2010, 02:23, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 11

Re: good fit for a budding digital media entrepreneur? [#permalink] New post 24 Dec 2010, 18:31
hmm thanks for the advice. makes a lot of sense. i guess i'll be applying and see what happens depending on whether i get/where else i get in.
Re: good fit for a budding digital media entrepreneur?   [#permalink] 24 Dec 2010, 18:31