Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 00:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Good Leadership Job

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Good Leadership Job [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2006, 15:19
For those new graduates here this seems like a great job to get leadership experience.

http://www.gecareers.com/GECAREERS/html ... level.html

I'm currently in engineering but looking to move into finance and this seems like a good job for those early career switchers.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

[#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2006, 07:39
J,

I'm actually rounding out my 4th (of 4) rotation in GE's IMLP (Information Management Leadership Program).

It is an excellent place to go to get leadership experience. The rotations themselves are rigorous and the competition, exposure, and training are all world-class.

I would love to answer any questions about GE or the leadership programs if anyone's interested.

As an Engineering or Finance guy, definitely look at the EEDP or the FMP - both outstanding leadership programs at GE.

Artis

Last edited by artshep on 16 Mar 2007, 07:25, edited 1 time in total.
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 65 [0], given: 0

Information Technology programme [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2007, 14:14
How does the programme work ? Can you go part time ? Do i have to quit my job to get into the programme?

GMAT the final frontie!!!.

Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2007, 18:38
You absolutely can not go part-time. This is a full-time job, and then some.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2007, 19:45
Is it in US?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GE [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2007, 19:46
Artshep, I had no idea you are in the GE Leadership Program. That is amazing and very cool. I actually had sent a letter in a few months ago inquiring about it. I work at Boeing and we have a MAP Program, but nothing as rigorous as what GE would offer.
Glad to know I have "friends" in high places :-D
Lisa
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 16 Mar 2007, 07:23
There are opportunities all over the world in GE's leadership programs.

In fact, when you start up, you will be put in a month-long bootcamp with every other leadership program member in your "class" for extensive training, etc. At that point, you'll have the opportunity to interact with program members from around the globe.

Lisa - Gee, I don't know about "high" places...:lol: Boeing is a great company...I'm actually hoping to get an internship with another company that has a strong presence in Washington State (where I believe you're from?) - Bechtel. I would love to see what they have to offer in the way of project management or project finance positions for MBAs.

Today is actually my last day with GE. I did have to resign to attend b-school full time this Fall, but definitely enjoyed the time here.

I would be glad to answer any specifics you guys have on the programs.

Check out my post on the new "Company Profiles" board. I put in some good info on GE and their leadership programs.
  [#permalink] 16 Mar 2007, 07:23