Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 10:45 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 10:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1207 [0]
Given Kudos: 114
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1207 [0]
Given Kudos: 114
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
Re: Good Source for combinatoric and probability ? [#permalink]
No problem!

Yes, we find often times that problems posted on GMAT Club can sometimes be the toughest of the tough problems! But if you are not struggling with the MGMAT book, then I personally believe you should be able to handle any problem that you will most likely see in that section on the real test. It might be worth while spending your time studying another section that you believe you are weaker in...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 282 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: General MBA
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Alexmsi,
What about Veritas Prep? Has anyone else tried their guide on Probability and Statistics guide? I have had a look at it and it has got some good problems for solving as well as explanations. Try that out for yourself to see if it will work for you.

Alexmsi wrote:
Hallo all,

i have worked through the MGMAT Probability & Combinatoric topics but i still have the feeling that i need a little bit more information.

Do anyone knows any good information sources ? I have taken a look in the recommanded book "Probability For Dummies" but it is a little bit too much. I'm searching for a .pdf document or something like that

Thanks all!
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 289 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
@ dzodzo85

Sorry to interrupt this convo , but I disagree about the Veritas Prep book for Combinatorics and Probability . It is simply way too dense , there's no need to go so deep into this topic because :

1.It'll take you ages to do that book inside out and that time can be better spent on doing topics such as number properties and algebra more throughly ( Because these subjects are more frequently tested )

2.You might not see more than 1-2 problems on this topic on test day . I feel if you can handle the questions in the MGMAT guides for probability you should be fine . 

Again if you have like 6-7 months of time to prepare then go for the Veritas Prep book . But like most people here if you are in a time crunch , then just stick to the level of complexity that MGMAT offers .

Posted from GMAT ToolKit
GMAT Club Bot