Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 03:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Good thing or Bad Thing

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Good thing or Bad Thing [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2007, 09:33
If a school is supposed to have their decision out to you by the 14th and nothing has come yet, can this be viewed as:

"If they were going to send out acceptance, they surely would have done it by now"

or

"If they were going to send out rejection, they surely would have done it by now"

When you hear the day of or the day before the deadline, is it generally a good thing or bad thing?
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 72 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2007, 09:37
I think it really depends on the school. Did you interview? Does the school require interviews?

Also, some schools are really swamped this time of year and don't have adequate resources, so applications that are "incomplete" are not dealt with until after the deadline. In other words, if an admissions office has misplaced your transcript or GMAT scores or recommendations, they'll throw your app in a pile of incompletes and look at them after the notification deadline.

I'm basing what I said above on a couple of different friends' experiences with schools ranked in mid 30's, not top schools.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2007, 10:15
I interviewd on Feb 26. They told me my decision would be emailed to me by March 14th.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

[#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2007, 10:20
I'm in a similar situation. My guess is the late notification will not affect admission, but it will affect any kind of scholarship money. Most schools seem to give the money out first and then fill out the class.
SVP
SVP
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 87 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2007, 10:26
As with anything in that type of comparison, it means nothing either way. The lateness just means the admissions staff was not well prepared for the higher volume of apps thi year.

Good luck.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 256

Kudos [?]: 1577 [0], given: 7

Premium Member
 [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2007, 10:33
kidderek wrote:
As with anything in that type of comparison, it means nothing either way. The lateness just means the admissions staff was not well prepared for the higher volume of apps thi year.

Good luck.

^^^ What he said.
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2007, 12:16
My only admit so far (TCU), they called me within a week of my interview and a 20k a year scholarship to boot.
  [#permalink] 13 Mar 2007, 12:16