Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 13:11 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 13:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 78 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 593 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks folks ...
Could someone tell me the difference between applying in the first round and as to applying in the second round. Do they have a larger bucket of seats for the first round as compared to the second round ? or Does it have to do something with the scholarships and financial aid. The reason I am asking is I could plan my next GMAT exam based on it.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
an interesting articleon first round app.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks uguleri and jaynanak . tkkoh nice article indeed, thanks.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 315 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
ivymba wrote:

Hi ivy I just got back with same score. What schools are you looking to attend? How was your math vs verbal in practice exams?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Nsentra wrote:
ivymba wrote:

Hi ivy I just got back with same score. What schools are you looking to attend? How was your math vs verbal in practice exams?

Nsentra I know it feels bad to be stuck right there in the middle when you neither have a good score nor can you call it a bad one . My Verbal was averaging 39 to 41 in practice and my quants around 47 .
After doing had to do some soul searching and some analysis , I thought that I really had some room for improvement to get it to 700 + range. So I am giving it another shot .
Have not really decided on the schools yet. I hope I have enough time to apply for the second round.
My personal advice , if you think you can improve on your scores , go for it . Since you have already given your GMAT and have got used to the format , at this point, its just a matter of fine tuning your effort to get to your target score .
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
 Q49  V40
GPA: 3.3
WE 1: 2.5 yrs in manufacturing
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hey ivymba,

Gud to hear ur score...yea, as u rightly said being stuck in the mid range...is a bit frustrating..

But I appreciate ur spirit to fight it our again..and I belive(not guess), with ur attitude..u cud nail the 700+ mark easily down..

How was ur verbal timing in the practice tests? Coz I too have a littl prob with my timing, and with a month more..hope to tune it up..

Been following ur answers to qs in verbal, they r gud...and after cing those..it's jus the case of a bad week..for u

All the best for the next...time..

Raghu
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 315 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
ivymba wrote:
Nsentra wrote:
ivymba wrote:

Nsentra I know it feels bad to be stuck right there in the middle when you neither have a good score nor can you call it a bad one . My Verbal was averaging 39 to 41 in practice and my quants around 47 .
After doing had to do some soul searching and some analysis , I thought that I really had some room for improvement to get it to 700 + range. So I am giving it another shot .
Have not really decided on the schools yet. I hope I have enough time to apply for the second round.
My personal advice , if you think you can improve on your scores , go for it . Since you have already given your GMAT and have got used to the format , at this point, its just a matter of fine tuning your effort to get to your target score .

Ivymba, I guess being stuck in the middle isn't as bad as completely wiping out and loosing hope. Like you said the first time is probably the toughest, the anxiety alone. However, excuses aside all this means is we got to hit the books for another month. Have you setup your next appointment yet?

I think I'm still going to ahead an apply to Yale. The toughest part is finding out if my employers will be behind me for recommendation and support. I was hoping with a good score to have a more solid ground.

If I get better GMAT I can just fax unofficial report, the school said.

It sounds like you're in good standing your math verbal are stable enough for 700. I'll see you in math and verbal forums!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Raghavender wrote:
Hey ivymba,

How was ur verbal timing in the practice tests? Coz I too have a littl prob with my timing, and with a month more..hope to tune it up..

Raghu

Yes verbal was a bottleneck but practice did improve my timing.

Shoot for 1.30 in SC
2.0 for a CR
5-6 mins for a RC with 4 questions.

Yes , it all depends on how you approach the questions and your reading habits . Various RC strategies have been discussed in this forum , look them up and find out what works best for you. ihatethegmat talked about his various strategies and they were good.
My strategy was to do more of a active reading rather than passive and I tried understand the structure of the passage. It helped me immensely to fine tune my approach.
Damn, I am talking as if I got a 700+ :) I better shutup :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
 Q49  V40
GPA: 3.3
WE 1: 2.5 yrs in manufacturing
Send PM
[#permalink]
thanx for the tips dude......

U R speakin like a destined for 700..dont worry
GMAT Club Bot