Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 09:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Got 720 (Q50, V38).. Wanna thank you !!!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Got 720 (Q50, V38).. Wanna thank you !!! [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2006, 08:47
Hi Folks,

I took GMAT today. Got 720 (Q50, V38). This was my first attempt, and I am happy that I could score 700+.

I have benefitted immensely from this forum, and want to share some thoughts in return. Below are my two cents to people who wanna take GMAT:

1) The noteboards are indeed uncomfortable. The pen slips, and sometimes fails to write. Yet, here is my take: Once we are managers, we will be expected to take these roadblocks in our stride. Hence, for the time being, it is best if aspirants accept this roadblock, and practice on a similar laminated noteboard. Having said that, I also wanna thank people who are making efforts to raise this issue with GMAC. We certainly need better noteboards. I may have lost 10 points owing to these noteboards :(

2) The computer screen is bigger than normal. My PC had a normal size screen, and I got used to reading questions on that. So, I found it inconvenient to read from the large screen at the centre. And, believe me, the size of the screen does matter! I was being able to read a line in two glances at the centre, while I was reading a similar line on my PC in just one glance. My suggestion is that aspirants take this into account, while preparing.

I am indebted to the various contributors on this forum , and I have really benefitted from the questions, challenges, score estimator, and experiences posted by people.

Please let me know if anyone needs more details.

Also, my email id is: sva31855@rediffmail.com

Cheers!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2006, 08:57
could you please let us know about your practice scores?? How many CAT's you took?? What was most beneficial while preparing the tests?? Do you think the Quant and verbal sections reflect the difficulty level of OG/GMATPrep or is the real test harder??

Thanks

Success is my only option, failure is not -- Eminem

Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2006, 19:43
Hi Bewakoof,

I practiced from Kaplan, Princeton, and OG11. Below are my scores:

Kaplan CD: 580,610,680,620
Kaplan (Online): 730
Princeton (Online): 650 (average)
PP 1 and 2 : 720, 750

I have one or two things to share about my preparation. I will do that in some time. But, I think OG questions are easier than what I got on the Test - especially Maths. So if you aim for 50+ on Maths than expect more difficult questions.

Similarly, on verbal I think the OG11 difficulty level is equivalent to a score of 36-38. If you are aiming for 38+ then expect slightly difficult questions - especially on SC and CR.

More later.

Cheers!
SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2006, 20:18
CONGRATULATIONS :-D
Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2006, 21:41
itsme wrote:
Hi Bewakoof,

I practiced from Kaplan, Princeton, and OG11. Below are my scores:

Kaplan CD: 580,610,680,620
Kaplan (Online): 730
Princeton (Online): 650 (average)
PP 1 and 2 : 720, 750

I have one or two things to share about my preparation. I will do that in some time. But, I think OG questions are easier than what I got on the Test - especially Maths. So if you aim for 50+ on Maths than expect more difficult questions.

Similarly, on verbal I think the OG11 difficulty level is equivalent to a score of 36-38. If you are aiming for 38+ then expect slightly difficult questions - especially on SC and CR.

More later.

Cheers!

you know.. i totally forgot to congratulate you.. congratulations.. :).. my bad.. sorry..

hmm what is Kaplan Online.?? Is it different from Kaplan CAT tests?

Success is my only option, failure is not -- Eminem

Intern
Intern

Can 720 get me into Harvard ? [#permalink] New post 09 Mar 2006, 08:20
Thanks Vivek123 and Bewakoof ! :)

By Kaplan (Online) I meant the CAT test that they provide on their website.

Could anyone please tell me if 720 is good enough to get me an admission to any of the following: Harvard, Wharton, Kellogg, Stanford, INSEAD ?

I have 5+ years of managerial experience in Consumer Finance Risk management. Have a Bachelor's in Engineering (GPA 3.8), and a Master's in Economics (GPA was low). I am sure I will get good recommendations too.

Any inputs are appreciated ...

Thanks!
Can 720 get me into Harvard ?   [#permalink] 09 Mar 2006, 08:20