Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 10:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Got a 600 score

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Got a 600 score [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2005, 16:43
Hi friends,

I am new to this forum. Just wanted to share my GMAT experience with you all. I got an overall score of 600 ( Q:47; V:27 :Overall 600) much less than what i was expecting.

To my knowledge, i did all the questions correct in Quant but ended up with only 47 and the first 10 questions in Verbal rattled me and i had to spend a lot of time to finish the first 10 and had to rush thru the remaining verbal questions to complete the test on time. After the completion of the test,i thought i would score atleast 650 but to my surprise i only got 600. I am not planning to apply for any B-schools with this score.

My profile is as follows.

Total experience : 9 years
Management experience : 4 years
International Experience : 5 years

Do you think i stand a chance to get an admit in any reputed B-school?

I do not want to rush and give another try at this point as i want to really understand where i goofed up.

I am very strong in Math but Reading Comprehension & timing did me in. I usually take 12-14min to complete a passage with 4-5 questions.

Can someone please advise me how i can overcome these problems? I am sure atleast some of you have gone through the same issue during your preparations.

Thanks,

MBADREAMER

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 120 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
 [#permalink] New post 08 Dec 2005, 19:52
A 600 is not a bad score. If you are shooting for the stars, then get yourself a good error log and go over your mistakes with a fine tooth comb. Virtually no one scores to the best of their ability on the first try.

As for RC tips and strategies, dig through the archives in this forum and you will find many buried treasures. Yb, coffeeloverfreak, Paul, and gsr have all posted tremendously useful tactics. Look and you shall find.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Looking for Study partners [#permalink] New post 11 Dec 2005, 08:27
GMATT73! Thank You very much for your suggestions. I tried to find the error log from the archives but did not find any attachments anywhere.

Can you please let me know where i can find it?

Once again, thanks for your help.

I am looking for study partners for inspiration and to objectively measure my progress.

I can join any of the existing study groups or can team up with ppl like me who want to better their score in the second attempt.

Please reply to this message if anyone is interested. I will get in touch with you. By the way, i plan to take my round 2 in March.

Thanks.

MBADREAMER

Looking for Study partners   [#permalink] 11 Dec 2005, 08:27