Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:43 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [5]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1133 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Completed at SAID BUSINESS SCHOOL, OXFORD - Class of 2008
 Q50  V34
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 176 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Is 800 the absolute max? Wow! You are PERFECT. Just go and submit your candidacy for the next presidential elections
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
WOOOOW!!! [#permalink]
HEY DUDE!!!!!!

YOU ROCK MAN!!!!!

A PERFECT 800 IS UNBELIEVEABL!!!!!!!!! :shock:

Please do post how you did it man!!!

Party Hard ( seems like a very small word right now!!!)
VP
VP
 Q50  V34
Send PM
[#permalink]
How many attempts did you made? I mean how many times did you took GMAT? What were your scores in all your previous attempts.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I thought the 700+ club was tough to get into... And you come by and let us all know that you've got 800!!! :-)

Congratulations for being one in a handful of people in the world to get a perfect score!

As many have asked, what was your prep strategy? You've got to de-brief us on everything...
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 176 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
ps_dahiya wrote:
How many attempts did you made? I mean how many times did you took GMAT? What were your scores in all your previous attempts.

he should have attemted at least 4 times cuz his 4 different scores are 680, 690, 720 and 800.

hey dude, was it your goal to score 800?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
wow... it is amazing...
now... you can't take GMAT for another 5 year!!

congrat!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am so ecstatic, that I have lost my conciousness. I do not know where to begin.

My prev score was 690 a couple of years back. I was faced ina crisis then because there was a possibility of layoff, and so to hold on to living in the US, I had to get F1 visa, and so I just signed up without knowing how the test is structured. I got 690, and wasn't even sure whether this was good or bad. I wrote my essays to Berkeley for part time program in a day and submitted my application. I got in, but dropped the idea for going to school for my job looked stable.

Recently, I purchased:
--OGuide ETS 10th edition
--Kaplan CD Higher Score
--ARCO

After reading the verbal instructions in OG and Kaplan book, I gave a test from the CD. I scored 740.

Since verbal was my weak point (math was always easy, I used to finish Quantitative in 50-55 mins), I stressed on that. I completed about 100 questions each from the CR, SC, RC questions in OG and did all three Kaplan CD tests.
Scores:
CD test 1: 740
CD test 2: 770
CD test 3: 720

ETS CD Test 1: 780
ETS CD Test 2: 760

By know I had a fair idea and was expecting about 750 in the test.

Overall I prepared for 1.5 months.
My test center was Fair Oaks, CA...near Sacramento. There was no one in the center taking a test, so I was lucky, no noise.

I finished the Quant in about 55 mins, Verbal in about 70 mins. My AWA was 5.5. When I saw my score, my jaw dropped, and I had to drink lots of water, I ended sweating up during the test...

Few tips:
--A hot environment may have helped. Last time I did the test was in the Bay Area and the center was cold and freezing.
--I read the RC passages 2 times before answering the questions.
--SC was easy. CR was avg.
--Quant was easy, about 4 questions on permutations of which 2 of these were in the end. 2 questions on sequences and series questions where you need to find the sum of a sequence. I already knew formulas.

I have become so confused now, that I am in a fix where to apply, Harvard or Stanford. My cousin, who is a tutor scored 790 last year. He teaches Math. I took some of his guidance. That's that.

Let me know if you have any more questions! I still need to re-collect myself and come down to earth.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Kudos
The four attempts as posted earlier is incorrect. I had an attempt of 690. The other 3 were Manhattan practise tests that I had casually taken in the last two years. I was of the opinion that those tests would reflect reality, doesn't look like it.

I need to put my act together now and apply for early decision.
I knew of a friend's friend, who scored 780 a year back, and was rejected by all the top 5. I wouldn't put my eggs in the basket because of GMAT. I need to take a break for a week and then work to get some stellar essays in. Personally, I feel that most essays look the same because they all show leadership in places of work and extra-curricular. For example, X helped improve sales by y% so as to impact ABC corp by A, B, C, D. The essays that dwelve on this strategy give a mundane look. Be different, and unique. That's the key. That's what I learned from a my cousin and the friend's friend.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats!!!

You are truly a GENIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

I know GMAT does not test how smart you are, but still if you can come out and score 800 in 1.5 months prep, you are a true genious!!

Have fun!!!

You deserve a looooooonnnnnnnnnnggggggggggg vacation
VP
VP
 Q50  V34
Send PM
[#permalink]
Quote:
My prev score was 690 a couple of years back.

But your this post says that you got a 680 and then 720. Then why did you attempted again?

https://www.gmatclub.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=31790
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
That was from my Manhattan test, which I thought reflected reality. I had 690 2 yrs back. I had to give in that info, so that from a bare min perspective I wanted to inquire what Paul's assessement would be. Ofcourse, GMAT wise I have execeeded that.

One thing is that never over-estimate your ability. Take it as it comes, and more often than not, go with a safe bare minimum, so that you feel there are miles to be covered and thus scope of much improvement.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Folks,
I am not an extra-ordinary guy. Yes, i work hard and am quick to grasp things and can also forsee what the answer would be without reading the answers...like I can figure out based on the question stem, what it is that the GMAT test preparers are trying to test. Once you decode this, then it becomes easier.

I think anyone who consistently can get abv 700 in practise tests can get 780+. Folks, remember that you need to adopt a different approach for studying if you are not meeting your goals.

The key is to be intuitive. Read the question, and see what's the reason behind or the motive behind the question. Why would the examiner out in this question. Think like an examiner, not like a student taking the test. Then your answers will be always almost correct.

So when you practise, keep this in mind.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Another thing for those who have a certain degree of faith in meditation, I think it helped me. I have been practising this for years, daily about 2 hrs. It helps you focus and retains everything in your memory, so that even if a needle is placed in a haystack, you should be able to find it with one pull. Focus is another key I cannot stress more on. Meditation leads to absolute focus. At that point, you cut yourself from everything external, except the questions in front of you on the screen.
I did not even know I was sweating like crazy till I came out of my shell of GMAT conciousness...this was after answering the last question. I was so wet, I had to drink tons of water. That's the extreme focus and dedication you need. Absolute.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
indiansoccer007 wrote:
I finished the Quant in about 55 mins, Verbal in about 70 mins. My AWA was 5.5. When I saw my score, my jaw dropped, and I had to drink lots of water, I ended sweating up during the test...

I was just wondering, you just took the test and they gave you the AWA score right away? I thought that they gave the Q/V score right away, but that you had to wait to receive the AWA score in the mail.

I think 52 is the highest verbal score I have seen. Contgratulations :)
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
do they give out AWA immediately now?

maybe for students who scored 800..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 130 [1]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Kudos
Amazing score !!!!
Congrats.. this is awesome.

This is big news. It shd get coverage in local newspapers/websites atleast. I remember, last time I heard abt an 800 was for an IIT-Bombay grad (few years back), and all Indian TV channels and newspapers made a big story out of it :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
indiansoccer007 wrote:
I am so ecstatic, that I have lost my conciousness. I do not know where to begin.

My prev score was 690 a couple of years back. I was faced ina crisis then because there was a possibility of layoff, and so to hold on to living in the US, I had to get F1 visa, and so I just signed up without knowing how the test is structured. I got 690, and wasn't even sure whether this was good or bad. I wrote my essays to Berkeley for part time program in a day and submitted my application. I got in, but dropped the idea for going to school for my job looked stable.

Recently, I purchased:
--OGuide ETS 10th edition
--Kaplan CD Higher Score
--ARCO

After reading the verbal instructions in OG and Kaplan book, I gave a test from the CD. I scored 740.

Since verbal was my weak point (math was always easy, I used to finish Quantitative in 50-55 mins), I stressed on that. I completed about 100 questions each from the CR, SC, RC questions in OG and did all three Kaplan CD tests.
Scores:
CD test 1: 740
CD test 2: 770
CD test 3: 720

ETS CD Test 1: 780
ETS CD Test 2: 760

By know I had a fair idea and was expecting about 750 in the test.

Overall I prepared for 1.5 months.
My test center was Fair Oaks, CA...near Sacramento. There was no one in the center taking a test, so I was lucky, no noise.

Few tips:
--A hot environment may have helped. Last time I did the test was in the Bay Area and the center was cold and freezing.
--I read the RC passages 2 times before answering the questions.
--SC was easy. CR was avg.
--Quant was easy, about 4 questions on permutations of which 2 of these were in the end. 2 questions on sequences and series questions where you need to find the sum of a sequence. I already knew formulas.

I have become so confused now, that I am in a fix where to apply, Harvard or Stanford. My cousin, who is a tutor scored 790 last year. He teaches Math. I took some of his guidance. That's that.

Let me know if you have any more questions! I still need to re-collect myself and come down to earth.

Dude, 1st of all congrats!...

well did u giv ur test today??....how come u got ur AWA score?......
:roll:
ur scene is a bit :? :? :shock: :shock:

what was ur gmatprep score?? ( one by pearson)
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
 1   2   3   4   5   6