Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Sep 2014, 20:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Got into Booth: HIGHLY recommend Target Test Prep

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [2] , given: 0

Got into Booth: HIGHLY recommend Target Test Prep [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2013, 13:20
This post received
KUDOS
I made the decision to take the GMAT without giving myself much time to prepare. 6 weeks prior to my exam, I realized that my choice to self-study would not sufficiently prepare me to hit my target score. In a panic, I spent an afternoon looking through a variety of courses and manuals, and spoke to a handful of various tutors. Ultimately, I decided to work with Jeff from Target Test Prep and a local tutor in Salt Lake.

The quality of the Target Test Prep Online GMAT Math Self-Study Course is dramatically better, and more dynamic, than any of the offerings from the more widely known programs (Kaplan, Veritas, and Manhattan GMAT). I had previously taken the 2-month Manhattan GMAT classroom study session but that method, and accompanying study materials, did not work for me. Whereas the competitors’ books simply run through each exam topic, Target Test Prep puts together an entire program that builds off itself to efficiently expedite a students ability to comprehend the material, understand how individual questions are set up, and to get to the right answer. Again, I had to build a study strategy that was compatible with my budget, and hourly trainings with the just the Target Test Prep tutors was not going to work for me. I ended up meeting with Jeff for 1 hour per week to get introduced to new topics, used the Target Test Prep self-study course/book to engrain the concepts, and drilled on questions found in the Self-study book with a local tutor to really cement my comprehension.

Without question, I would not have gotten into Chicago-Booth without the help of Jeff Miller and the Target Test Prep Online GMAT Math Self-Study Course. I highly recommend this material as it truly gives you the best chance of getting into your dream school.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Manhattan GMAT Instructor
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 0

Re: Got into Booth: HIGHLY recommend Target Test Prep [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2013, 17:04
Expert's post
Congrats -- glad you found a method that works for you and got you to your target. Of course, many of the more widely-known programs offer much more than just classroom-programs -- selfishly, I'd be lying if I didn't say that I think we could have found a way to get you to your goal with us -- but that's not important.

Congrats on Booth -- what a great school!

-Brian

Brian Lange | Manhattan GMAT Instructor | North Carolina

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Course Reviews | View Instructor Profile

Director
Director
Concentration: General Management, General Management
Schools: ISB '16
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V29
GMAT 2: 680 Q50 V32
GPA: 3.7
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 207 [0], given: 312

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Got into Booth: HIGHLY recommend Target Test Prep [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2013, 20:42
MTBarron wrote:
I made the decision to take the GMAT without giving myself much time to prepare. 6 weeks prior to my exam, I realized that my choice to self-study would not sufficiently prepare me to hit my target score. In a panic, I spent an afternoon looking through a variety of courses and manuals, and spoke to a handful of various tutors. Ultimately, I decided to work with Jeff from Target Test Prep and a local tutor in Salt Lake.

The quality of the Target Test Prep Online GMAT Math Self-Study Course is dramatically better, and more dynamic, than any of the offerings from the more widely known programs (Kaplan, Veritas, and Manhattan GMAT). I had previously taken the 2-month Manhattan GMAT classroom study session but that method, and accompanying study materials, did not work for me. Whereas the competitors’ books simply run through each exam topic, Target Test Prep puts together an entire program that builds off itself to efficiently expedite a students ability to comprehend the material, understand how individual questions are set up, and to get to the right answer. Again, I had to build a study strategy that was compatible with my budget, and hourly trainings with the just the Target Test Prep tutors was not going to work for me. I ended up meeting with Jeff for 1 hour per week to get introduced to new topics, used the Target Test Prep self-study course/book to engrain the concepts, and drilled on questions found in the Self-study book with a local tutor to really cement my comprehension.

Without question, I would not have gotten into Chicago-Booth without the help of Jeff Miller and the Target Test Prep Online GMAT Math Self-Study Course. I highly recommend this material as it truly gives you the best chance of getting into your dream school.

Hi there,

If possible then can you please elaborate on your debrief so that it could be helpful for others.

Rgds,
TGC

Rgds,
TGC!

2 KUDOS received
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 66

Kudos [?]: 685 [2] , given: 116

Premium Member
Re: Got into Booth: HIGHLY recommend Target Test Prep [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2013, 21:59
This post received
KUDOS
Forgive me for being sceptical... But, Booth only released their interview invites last Monday and according to their website release their decision only mid-week of December... So, I can't really say that this is a reliable post unless it has been approved by a moderator....
MTBarron wrote:

Did you find this post helpful?... Please let me know through the Kudos button.

Thanks To The Almighty - My GMAT Debrief

GMAT Reading Comprehension: 7 Most Common Passage Types

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
GPA: 3.02
WE: Other (Education)

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 13

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Got into Booth: HIGHLY recommend Target Test Prep [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2013, 19:01
Has anyone used Target Test Prep? There's another debried a few posts down that mentions them. Kind of fishy.

Image Posted from GMAT ToolKit

Long journey, but not impossible.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Got into Booth: HIGHLY recommend Target Test Prep [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2013, 06:00
Hi guys. Fishiness is fair but I assure you it's a legit post. Not sure if you're able to check out my profile but I registered using my Booth email address (I'm in the evening program while working for a Chicago-based healthcare consulting firm; just started this fall. I just couldn't step out of the business right now given all that is going on within this space). The on-the-ground tutor I used in Salt Lake City is Victor Camacho from High Performance Tutoring... Victor and I used the Target Test Prep material and just drilled on questions after I reviewed the material each week with Jeff. The week of my GMAT, Jeff and I met twice; he picked up on a gap I had with exponents that was huge for me on the exam... there must've been 5 or 6 questions on the topic. Not sure what else I can do to dispel folks' skepticism but Target Test Prep made a world of difference for me. The top tier schools are very, very different and I cannot say enough about Booth. The place is incredible; even more so on the heels of the two new Nobels. They also have "Career Services for life" which is an amazing asset to utilize, even now. Best of luck!

Matt
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Got into Booth: HIGHLY recommend Target Test Prep [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2013, 06:03
Also, Brian: I've had a lot of friends be successful with Manhattan GMAT. You guys run a great program; just wasn't the right combination of $ and material for me.

TGC: What specifically are you looking for me to elaborate more on? I found Target Test Prep through online searches, met with Jeff over a web conference, liked the structure of material, and decided to meet with him 1x/week (1 hour each session) to get introduced to topics. I'd then self-study the chapter(s) and drill for 2 hours each week with a local tutor in SLC. Does that clarify?
Director
Director
Concentration: General Management, General Management
Schools: ISB '16
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V29
GMAT 2: 680 Q50 V32
GPA: 3.7
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 207 [0], given: 312

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Got into Booth: HIGHLY recommend Target Test Prep [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2013, 06:16
MTBarron wrote:
Also, Brian: I've had a lot of friends be successful with Manhattan GMAT. You guys run a great program; just wasn't the right combination of $ and material for me.

TGC: What specifically are you looking for me to elaborate more on? I found Target Test Prep through online searches, met with Jeff over a web conference, liked the structure of material, and decided to meet with him 1x/week (1 hour each session) to get introduced to topics. I'd then self-study the chapter(s) and drill for 2 hours each week with a local tutor in SLC. Does that clarify?

Hi there,

Please have a look on the below post.

gmat-experience-posts-99220.html

Rgds,
TGC!

Rgds,
TGC!

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Other
Schools: University of Wisconsin (Madison) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V38
GMAT 2: 760 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.66
WE: Marketing (Manufacturing)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 12

Re: Got into Booth: HIGHLY recommend Target Test Prep [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2013, 10:01
Vixen wrote:
Has anyone used Target Test Prep? There's another debried a few posts down that mentions them. Kind of fishy.

I used Target Test Prep two years ago when they were getting started. I was looking for selective instruction on a few quant topics. It worked very well for me -- 46-->48Q. There isn't anything fishy about it; they're just relatively new so reviews and debriefs are rare. The draw for me was that there wasn't a set program. Jeff was also flexible in setting Skype meeting times as I was working.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2284

Kudos [?]: 8897 [0], given: 3671

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Got into Booth: HIGHLY recommend Target Test Prep [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2013, 10:03
Expert's post
Yes, but I think it is fishy that there have suddenly been posts popping up about them. I have rarely seen such passion about a test prep company (e.g. we have to offer members $25 amazon giftcards to submit reviews to actually get them), so yes, it is fishy.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Got into Booth: HIGHLY recommend Target Test Prep [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2013, 16:15
I too used Target Test Prep with Jeff Miller, and I can assure you that they are no joke and there is no scam going on here. In fact, what's strange is how I tried posting a review about my GMAT experience (570 --> 710, all with the help of Target Test Prep), yet the post keeps getting taken down. Something strange going on.... All I know is that Target Test Prep was amazing and helped me break 700. I'm happy to discuss more with anyone. I do not work for Target Test Prep, and I am not a robot.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: Got into Booth: HIGHLY recommend Target Test Prep [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2013, 18:56
Expert's post
Discuss this with me - how much are you getting paid to do this?
What is motivating you to share the "good news"? There has to be something coming from the bottom of your heart, but it seems to be only coming about Target Test Prep - you have not shared anything else that has helped you in the past or perhaps you found the rest to be unworthy compared to this truly life-changing experience that you have undergone.

It just seems that Target Test Prep really appeals to posters with 2-3 posts.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 90

Re: Got into Booth: HIGHLY recommend Target Test Prep [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2013, 19:40
During my first 3 months studying for the GMAT, I used Manhattan G. It was okay, and I landed a respectable 670 my first attempt, but I was looking to take my abilities to the next level. After only 2 months with Target Test, I scored a 780!!! It's a shame there is so much skepticism here, which is why I feel I need to speak out. But it's the real deal! PM me with any questions.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: Got into Booth: HIGHLY recommend Target Test Prep [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2013, 19:50
Expert's post
Jamon wrote:
During my first 3 months studying for the GMAT, I used Manhattan G. It was okay, and I landed a respectable 670 my first attempt, but I was looking to take my abilities to the next level. After only 2 months with Target Test, I scored a 780!!! It's a shame there is so much skepticism here, which is why I feel I need to speak out. But it's the real deal! PM me with any questions.

Yes, there is a lot because people do not defend something that's not dear to them, and few things are dear to people.... it is just that suddenly all these very passionate people are coming out of woodwork with 1 post to their name. You are the first real member to comment.

I am not doubting your experience, it is just very suspicious and many comments are not making a lot of sense while trying to justify while they are posting.

If I liked a restaurant, I would post my review/comments and not frankly care what others thought unless I was really invested into it, somehow.

Founder of GMAT Club

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Got into Booth: HIGHLY recommend Target Test Prep [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2013, 18:12
I do not post frequently because, frankly, I'm busy. But I saw this post and thought I'd chime in. That's it. Not being paid by Target Test Prep. They just helped me and thought I'd pay it forward.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 6

Re: Got into Booth: HIGHLY recommend Target Test Prep [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2013, 19:16
westcoaster87 wrote:
I do not post frequently because, frankly, I'm busy. But I saw this post and thought I'd chime in. That's it. Not being paid by Target Test Prep. They just helped me and thought I'd pay it forward.

I'm the same! I never post, but I frequent the GMAT and feel I have to give back for what Termite Test has done to help me achieve my goal of scoring a 740 on the GMAT. Target Test is hands down better than any other company out there. They are real, and they are legit! I would never have gotten into the MBA school of my dreams if not for Target Test.
Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: Got into Booth: HIGHLY recommend Target Test Prep [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2013, 21:48
Expert's post
rtillman wrote:
westcoaster87 wrote:

I'm the same! I never post, but I frequent the GMAT and feel I have to give back for what Termite Test has done to help me achieve my goal of scoring a 740 on the GMAT. Target Test is hands down better than any other company out there. They are real, and they are legit! I would never have gotten into the MBA school of my dreams if not for Target Test.

Again, it is very odd to have someone who had gotten into a bschool to wonder into the gmat forum to create an account and post.... I have never seen this happen before. Never for any product. Not impossible but highly improbable without external motivation or direction. I have people complaining they can't find the most obvious stickies and here we have 4 guys who have used a fairly low-key company jump out. Odds are against it.

P.S. The redeeming factor is you misspelling their name - I like it!

Founder of GMAT Club

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 6

Re: Got into Booth: HIGHLY recommend Target Test Prep [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2013, 22:14
bb wrote:
rtillman wrote:
westcoaster87 wrote:

Again, it is very odd to have someone who had gotten into a bschool to wonder into the gmat forum to create an account and post.... I have never seen this happen before. Never for any product. Not impossible but highly improbable without external motivation or direction. I have people complaining they can't find the most obvious stickies and here we have 4 guys who have used a fairly low-key company jump out. Odds are against it.

P.S. The redeeming factor is you misspelling their name - I like it!

I know it seems suspicious, but maybe there has just never been a company that provides such remarkable results!!!

P.S. It's "wandering" not "wondering"
HBS Thread Master
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.85
WE: Analyst (Venture Capital)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 67

Re: Got into Booth: HIGHLY recommend Target Test Prep [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2013, 22:16
rtillman wrote:
westcoaster87 wrote:

Not sure how I stumbled into this thread, but I do agree that some of the comments seem a bit "off" for this so-called Termite Test Prep.
Expert Post
2 KUDOS received
Founder
Founder

Kudos [?]: 8897 [2] , given: 3671

Re: Got into Booth: HIGHLY recommend Target Test Prep [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2013, 22:19
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Yes, and then Jamon and rtillman are posting from the same IP address. It is all these coincidences :shock:

Founder of GMAT Club

Re: Got into Booth: HIGHLY recommend Target Test Prep   [#permalink] 12 Nov 2013, 22:19