Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:46 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Kelley (Indiana) - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: GPA: 3.1+, GMAT 680+, Non-traditional [#permalink]
Thanks for the reply Jon.

My work experience is a bit scattered because mainly because I was trying to work full-time while taking classes full-time, so I didn't have too many options if I wanted to finish my degree at a "normal pace". 4 years ago I was training to become an airline pilot but I became ineligible for a pilot job because I developed a medical condition. That didn't prevent me from flying as a passenger though so I did some personal travel (while working and studying) not only to satiate my love for flying but also to connect with my personal heritage. Most of my relatives live in China and North Korea and when I visited those areas I realised how different things could have been for me if my circumstances had been only a little bit different. Even if my own background was difficult, that was when I developed my desire to improve peoples' lives. I belive in business but I also think that social outcomes can be just as powerful motivators as financial outcomes. In the short-term, I'd like to either work in general management in a non-profit/social enterprise firm but in the long-term after I gain management experience in the industry I'd like to use business as a tool to improve peoples' lives in the community in ways which governments cannot, whether it is due to corruption, lack of resources or lack of will. My personal background as an immigrant, as well as my involvement in organised labour and my international experience in countries like China, North Korea, Burma and Russia has given me insight into social issues at the ground-level which I feel is necessary to make a social impact.

I hope that paragraph describes my background and ambitions well enough for you to give me more feedback. I appreciate your insight.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks for the input Jon, I'll definitely give your service a look when I need someone to beat up my essays a bit.
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Oh yeah, we can smash those babies to a pulp.
:)
Moderator:
Admissionado
9216 posts