Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 19:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Graduate Requirements Confusion

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Graduate Requirements Confusion [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2012, 21:42
I had a question regarding admissions into the Graduate Programs for California Schools. I noticed the minimum requirements were as follows

(1) have completed a four-year college course of study and hold an acceptable baccalaureate degree from an institution accredited by a regional accrediting association, or shall have completed equivalent academic preparation as determined by appropriate campus authorities;

(2) be in good standing at the last college or university attended;

(3) have attained a grade point average of at least 2.5 (A = 4.0) in the last 60 semester (90 quarter) units attempted or have earned a grade point average of at least 2.5 on the last degree completed by the candidate; and

(4) satisfactorily meet the professional, personal, scholastic, and other standards for graduate study, including qualifying examinations, as appropriate campus authorities may prescribe. In unusual circumstances, a campus may make exceptions to these criteria.

With regards to #2 and #3, if I received a bachelors degree in 2010, but then went on to receive an additional AA from a community college in 2012, which of those two degrees will be used for my GPA calculation? Also which will be used to determine whether or not I was in "Good Standing"?

I appreciate any feedback you can give me.

Thank you!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Graduate Requirements Confusion [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2012, 19:57
It should be from the community college. The good standing would be if you were on probation or anything like that.