Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 11:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Graduate School for Integrated Marketing

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Graduate School for Integrated Marketing [#permalink] New post 17 Jul 2013, 19:15
Hello, hope you guys can help me out.

I'm planning to take my masters in Integrated Marketing. Right now, I work for a reputable digital agency so our marketing is really online.

With that, I want to study in the US as I'm based in Asia right now.

Before I apply for anything, I'd like to know, what good graduate schools in the states have integrated marketing courses? Every time I try to search online, all I see are MBAs and Business Schools with just an elective in Digital Marketing. I would really like the focus to just be in Integrated Marketing.

I've done my research and so far, the only thing I've seen that matched what I intend to pursue is NYU SCPS since they have an Integrated Marketing course.

Other than NYU, can you guys recommend any other good graduate schools in the US with a firm concentration on Integrated Marketing?

Thanks in advance!
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2277

Kudos [?]: 8796 [0], given: 3666

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Graduate School for Integrated Marketing [#permalink] New post 17 Jul 2013, 20:03
Expert's post
I am not aware of any.... sorry. perhaps someone else can chime in but I have not run into anything of this sort in my many years....

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Expert Post
VP
VP
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 33

Kudos [?]: 411 [0], given: 245

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Graduate School for Integrated Marketing [#permalink] New post 17 Jul 2013, 20:59
Expert's post
IMO, NYU is really spearheading a lot in the integrated marketing space, especially in the digital space. They just launched a digital analytics master's degree so even if you're in the MBA program, there are surely lots of opportunities to tap into there as far as classes, faculty, clubs, and like-minded students.

As far as other schools are concerned, as you've seen, most have some sort of a general marketing area. I'd look into course offerings to see what digital-focused classes there are as well as other opportunities to explore the digital space, whether through internships in the summer or during the academic year, research institutes/faculty research associated with the university, etc to see if anything interests you.

I'd also try to figure out what about digital marketing really interests you. If it's the digital side, perhaps you want to look more into tech-focused schools like Haas or Stanford. If it's the general marketing side, look into Kellogg, Ross, or Duke. If it's the analytics side, try your hand at Booth or Sloan. Yes, I've pretty much listed "every" school here, but hope that helps to guide your thinking a bit.

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Intern
Intern

Re: Graduate School for Integrated Marketing [#permalink] New post 18 Jul 2013, 00:51
aerien wrote:
IMO, NYU is really spearheading a lot in the integrated marketing space, especially in the digital space. They just launched a digital analytics master's degree so even if you're in the MBA program, there are surely lots of opportunities to tap into there as far as classes, faculty, clubs, and like-minded students.

As far as other schools are concerned, as you've seen, most have some sort of a general marketing area. I'd look into course offerings to see what digital-focused classes there are as well as other opportunities to explore the digital space, whether through internships in the summer or during the academic year, research institutes/faculty research associated with the university, etc to see if anything interests you.

I'd also try to figure out what about digital marketing really interests you. If it's the digital side, perhaps you want to look more into tech-focused schools like Haas or Stanford. If it's the general marketing side, look into Kellogg, Ross, or Duke. If it's the analytics side, try your hand at Booth or Sloan. Yes, I've pretty much listed "every" school here, but hope that helps to guide your thinking a bit.

Thanks for this!

Researching more, I've noticed that NYU SCPS has received a lot of backlash from people saying that it's not 'really' NYU. Meaning that do advertisements in subways, etc.

Is NYU SCPS a good school for integrated marketing then?
Expert Post
VP
VP
Followers: 33

Kudos [?]: 411 [0], given: 245

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Graduate School for Integrated Marketing [#permalink] New post 18 Jul 2013, 06:29
Expert's post
quickbrownrox wrote:
aerien wrote:

Thanks for this!

Researching more, I've noticed that NYU SCPS has received a lot of backlash from people saying that it's not 'really' NYU. Meaning that do advertisements in subways, etc.

Is NYU SCPS a good school for integrated marketing then?

I don't know much about SCPS specifically but I have heard similar comments (you'd have to ask someone there if those are actually true). The programs I was referring to are all through Stern

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.5

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: Graduate School for Integrated Marketing [#permalink] New post 18 Jul 2013, 08:22
Hi -

Medill at Northwestern has a masters' program called Integrated Marketing Communications - you can check that out as well.
Intern
Intern

Re: Graduate School for Integrated Marketing [#permalink] New post 21 Aug 2013, 21:23
sniggykols wrote:
Hi -

Medill at Northwestern has a masters' program called Integrated Marketing Communications - you can check that out as well.

Hi, I actually heard about this as well. Thanks for this!

Would you know any other school that has it?
Re: Graduate School for Integrated Marketing   [#permalink] 21 Aug 2013, 21:23