Who says Grammar is plain ,boring and full of exceptions
Here are a few sentences* written for leave application
No options on these
1) "Since I have to go to my village to sell my land along with my wife, please sanction me one-week leave."
2) "As my mother-in-law has expired and I am only one responsible for it, please grant me 10 days leave."
3) "My wife is suffering from sickness and as I am her only husband at home I may be granted leave".
4) An incident of a leave letter:
"I am suffering from fever, please declare one-day holiday."
5) A candidate's job application:
"This has reference to your advertisement calling for a ' Typist and an Accountant - Male or Female'... As I am both(!! )for the past several years and I can handle both with good experience, I am applying for the post."
6) Another good one:
"Dear Sir: with reference to the above, please refer to my below..."
* Feel free to add more and
Trying hard to conquer Quant.