Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 05:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GRE Countdown - 1 Week left, any thoughts?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Economics, Finance
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Investment Banking)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 10

GMAT ToolKit User
GRE Countdown - 1 Week left, any thoughts? [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2012, 10:05
Dear GmatClub Community,

I am in my last week of preparation for my GRE on the 5th of December. I took my first PowerPrep Test this morning and scored a 169Q, and no verbal as I did not have enough time. I completed the Manhattan Series, did most of Barron's exercises and did princeton prep tests (quant). Do you have any idea where I might get additional quant prep material from?

Required min. Score: 164Q 160V and 4.5AWA ~> Oxford's definition of what almost 'all' MPhil in Econ applicants had in past years ...

I already took the GRE once, which was at the beginning of this year's January with 161Q 155V and 4.0AWA. My problem for quant was: Many mistakes because I did not read the question correctly/too quickly and I did not understand some of the quant vocab. I worked on the former problem a lot, and I hope that I sufficiently overcame that problem. Any ideas on how to tackle the second issue? I read all mentioned books in addition to ETS' math convention booklet. I hope hat will suffice my lack in quant vocab that I apparently had last time ... .

Concerning verbal: I memorized Manhattan's 1000 words + used the Word Power book for roots and got an extra load of vocab. Any other suggestions that are reasonable given the short time frame? I'll start working on Aristotle Prep's R99 tomorrow, any other idea for the reading comprehension questions?

Thanks a lot!!!

All the best
Marcel
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: GRE Countdown - 1 Week left, any thoughts? [#permalink] New post 09 May 2013, 13:05
how did you get your essays to become a four?
Re: GRE Countdown - 1 Week left, any thoughts?   [#permalink] 09 May 2013, 13:05