Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Jul 2014, 03:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

?? GRE math or GRE regular ??

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

?? GRE math or GRE regular ?? [#permalink] New post 04 Sep 2006, 21:17
What do those masters want? Because if they just want the regular GRE, it is the exact same thing as the GMAT and I would definitely not mind going through it. However the GRE math subject would definitely take me more then 2 months to prepare for.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 07 Sep 2006, 14:58
The reason most programs require the GRE is because most of the Masters in Finance programs are offered through the math department, stats department or a colaboration of both (mix in the comp sci. dept. for fun too). So when you apply youare apply to the graduate school for letters and science not the business school. There has been a recent development though, and programs are starting to recognize the GMAT as an alternative to the GRE General Test.

In response to the GRE Subject Math test, when you apply to to these programs you might think that you are competing with MBA students. But in fact, a MAsters in Finance is highly quantitative, and most applicants dont have an econ degree, they hage engineering degrees and math degrees. In order to stand out among these people you should consider taking the GRE Subject Math Test and scoring about 850, or atleast 800 (out of 990). It should be noted that when you begin your Masters in Finance you would want to know what a PDE is, and be comfortable with computational mathematics. At the very least you are going to want to be extremly versed in calculus and be familar with some sort of programming language.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 07 Sep 2006, 20:45
THanks a lot for your answer :) Sounds like I will just prepare for my GMAT then, and if I do get in a masters in Finance I'll go ahead and take some more calculus.
I looked at the GRE math, and it would take me forever to review all my high school calculus and my statsistics.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 4

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: ?? GRE math or GRE regular ?? [#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2012, 23:00
well done man !!!
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 4

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User