Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Dec 2014, 06:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GRE prep after GMAT

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

GRE prep after GMAT [#permalink] New post 07 Aug 2013, 12:35
This post received
KUDOS
Hi guys,

I'm sorry if this has ever come up before, but I'm about to take the GMAT in mid-September and because I'm also gonna need the GRE for some adjunct programs, I will take the GRE 4-5 weeks later in October. I'm preparing thoroughly for the GMAT, work my way through all the Manhattan books and think I'll do alright (aiming for 700+), so now I'm contemplating on which additional books I need toi buy afterwards for the GRE study session.

I have read that the GMAT quant is supposedly harder and that a GRE test-taker doesn't need much more background, even though the geometry seems to be harder for the GRE? So, after being a happy customer of the Manhattan collection, I won't buy the whole 8 book series again for the GRE, but maybe specific topics of quant, and definitely the verbal part. I'd love to aim for high scores on the GRE too, but don't want to waste my time or money on a whole new collection, which I hardly will be able to finish in the 4-5 weeks anyways.

So I'd appreciate any thoughts on the matter and if y'all need any more info to give me educated advice, feel free to hit me up. Thanks in advance y'all and take care.

Best,
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 640 Q39 V38
GMAT 2: 660 Q44 V36
GPA: 3.5
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Re: GRE prep after GMAT [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2013, 09:38
How did it go? I'm going to have to take the GRE as well in addition to the GMAT for a dual-degree program.
Re: GRE prep after GMAT   [#permalink] 09 Dec 2013, 09:38