Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Apr 2014, 23:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

GREAT EVENT: 2008 Diversity Conference at Wharton Campus

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
GREAT EVENT: 2008 Diversity Conference at Wharton Campus [#permalink] New post 15 Sep 2007, 10:56
Hey Guys..
Wharton is having a Diversity Conference for women and I believe minority groups. Anyone going? Anyone interested in meeting up?
The conference is on September 20th and 21st....

CD.

UPDATE
Just got back from this event. It was AMAZING. Made me fall IN LOVE with Wharton. I'll share some details at a later time. For those applying or considering wharton and fall in the categories mention above, you simply MUST attend this event. ( not for 2008 obviously!). Not only was this so informative but it just gives you a taste for what we are all working so hard for.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2007, 22:40
just saw this post? can you describe more about the event? there are so many diversity events there now from different nonprofit organizations and schools. I believe Columbia recently hosted one for women last month. Did you go?
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2007, 11:36
Hi Sammie21,
wow! it's been a while so i'll try my best to remember. So, it was a 2 day event starting on Thursday and ending Friday evening. It was basically held for women and minority groups. But I saw “others” there as well.
On Thursday we started off by attending a few classes followed by lunch. After lunch, there was a campus tour, a session on MBA admissions and financial aid, a wharton alumni panel and finally the MBA pub, which was awesome!
Friday was the "real meat" of the event. It started off with breakfast in the morning followed by a Mock Admissions Committe Application Review. This was THE BEST SESSION of the whole event. Know why? Because it was headed by Thomas Caleel. "THE" guy who gives the final yes/no on all the wharton application. Needeless to say, to have an opportunity to introduce myself and shake hands with the man was great! :) This session provided a lot of insight about the thought process of a real admissions committee when they read your essays. We were given 2 cases before the event which we had to have read before this session. During the session, he just let us tear them apart and point out all the good and the not so good parts while guiding us through the whole process. After one or two other sessions, we did a lunch with the vice Dean- Anjani Jain. The first event after lunch was a Intro to marketing class held by Professor David Bell- Great class and funny guy- by the way!
After this was a panel with current students followed by a Essay Review Session. Wharton allowed all the folks who were attending this event the opportunity to turn in one of their essays and get feedback during this session from one of the current students. Or, if you didn’t have any essays written, there was also a in-depth Essay Writing Guidelines session held.
The finale was a Networking Reception.
I have to tell you that this event has made me fall in love with Wharton. I was on a waiting list for a long time and got my green flag about 3 days before the event. My gut said to just go. (I live in the East Coast about 6 hours of a flight away so this was not easy). So, I packed my bags, booked my flight/hotel and took off. Would I do it again? Absolutely!

P.S. Wrote this in a hurry so please excuse the messiness. :oops:
Hope I answered your question!

OH and did not attend the Columbia event. Did you go? If so, how was it?
  [#permalink] 21 Nov 2007, 11:36