Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2015, 23:55
GMAT Club Tests

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Great Lakes Class of 2015 Calling all applicants!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
User avatar
Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 2769
Location: India
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 1026

Kudos [?]: 6090 [0], given: 1684

Great Lakes Class of 2015 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Sep 2013, 11:59
Expert's post
2
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Jul 2013
Posts: 12
GMAT Date: 11-18-2013
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 8

Re: Great Lakes Class of 2015 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2013, 07:18
This year we are not supposed to right essays along with the application form... Is that correct? Please confirm
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Mar 2013
Posts: 12
Location: United States
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Great Lakes Class of 2015 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2013, 21:21
madhul90 wrote:
This year we are not supposed to right essays along with the application form... Is that correct? Please confirm


Hi,

Can anybody confirm this for us please?

E-mailed the admissions committee and got this response:

Quote:
You would be asked to write the essay during your GD/PI where the topic would be given.


Cheers!
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
User avatar
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 1930
Location: India
City: Pune
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
Followers: 240

Kudos [?]: 1652 [0], given: 1293

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Great Lakes Class of 2015 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2014, 12:15
Expert's post
Hello GMATCLUB Members,

We are bringing a webinar with Q&A as well as chats with current students focused on the Waitlisted Applicants.
The first event of this series is Webinar conducted by Admissionado's Founder and HBS Alum Jon Frank. Jon will share his suggestions followed by a Q&A session. This is your opportunity to ask your specific questions. The webinar will take place on 31st January 2014, Friday, 9 AM PST.

We shall also be conducting chat sessions with some Current students from various schools who were successfully admitted from a waitlist so you can learn what to expect from the process, what worked for them, and what it takes. These chats shall take place in our Chat Room. We will release the times & Dates (all will be the first week of February)

Registration Link: https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/531329318
Download event to your Outlook
If you are on a waitlist - you do NOT want to miss these!

The webinar and chats are free. There will be a 30-minute Q&A session at the end of the Webinar on Friday Jan 31st at 9 AM PST - join to have your questions answered.

Thank You! :)
_________________

Live Q&A with B-School Adcoms - 2015 Season

Be the coolest guy in the MBA Forum - Be a threadmaster!

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

All MBA Resources All 'Sticky' Topics at one place

Please share your profiles for this application season: 2015 Profiles w/ Admit/Dings Results!

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Next Generation GMATClub CATS with Brilliant Analytics.

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Status: Will retake GMAT
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 10 Dec 2013
Posts: 105
Location: India
Concentration: Human Resources, General Management
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 37 [1] , given: 236

Great Lakes Class of 2015 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 31 Jul 2014, 00:46
1
This post received
KUDOS
I have a score of 590 in gmat . Should I send my score to Great Lakes Institute of Management , Chennai , TN , India .

Can I expect a call from GLIM with that score
_________________

~~To acknowledge my assistance in your learning through this post, please reward by giving KUDOS~~
~~ When the going gets tough , the tough gets going-- I will score 700 . ~~

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Apr 2013
Posts: 6
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 12

Re: Great Lakes Class of 2015 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2014, 10:57
Hi Guys,

What kind of essay can we expect?

On the lines of 'what your short term goals are', What is your perception of personal ethics Vs professional ethics? etc. which tend to be more personal

or

the likes of 'privatization of public sector', 'the tax laws of India should be reformed so that they encourage savings'
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Oct 2012
Posts: 39
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V35
GMAT 2: 600 Q47 V26
GMAT 3: 660 Q43 V38
GPA: 3.6
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 19

Re: Great Lakes Class of 2015 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2014, 01:43
aadi23 wrote:
Hi Guys,

What kind of essay can we expect?

On the lines of 'what your short term goals are', What is your perception of personal ethics Vs professional ethics? etc. which tend to be more personal

or

the likes of 'privatization of public sector', 'the tax laws of India should be reformed so that they encourage savings'


Hi Aadi,

If you have already filled out the application. Can you please answer a few queries of mine?

Thanks in advance.

Hey i have quite a few queries regarding the application for great lakes. I will list them below and I would highly appreciate it if someone could answer them. Thanks in advance.

1. What should be filled out as major area of study for 10th and 12th

2. What should be filled out for the following fields? :

a)No. of Arrears at UG Level: i dont have any, so should i fill out 0 or leave it blank?

b)Gap between 12th standard & degree: again should I fill this out as 0 or leave it blank?

c)Gap between degree & Employment: I got place on campus but I got my joining date 6 months after graduation, so should i fill it out as 6 months?

3. One part of the application says

(Please mention Extra-Curricular Activities you were engaged in school and college levels, including honors won and positions held in special interest bodies, if any)

but then goes on to only list AWARD DESCRIPTION and YEAR RECEIVED, so can we only fill out these fields if we have awards?

What if you were part of committees and things of that sort and did not get any awards or certificates for them?

4.For submitting GMAT scores we need to only fill out percentiles in different sections right?

5.Under employment details what should be the TO DATE for my current company? As i am still working here. Should it be 31st march 2015?

6. I am scheduled to travel abroad in January for work. So can i already enter YES for the question Do you have International Exposure?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Apr 2013
Posts: 6
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 12

Re: Great Lakes Class of 2015 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 02 Jan 2015, 09:31
havoc7860 wrote:

Hi Aadi,

If you have already filled out the application. Can you please answer a few queries of mine?

Thanks in advance.

Hey i have quite a few queries regarding the application for great lakes. I will list them below and I would highly appreciate it if someone could answer them. Thanks in advance.

1. What should be filled out as major area of study for 10th and 12th

2. What should be filled out for the following fields? :

a)No. of Arrears at UG Level: i dont have any, so should i fill out 0 or leave it blank?

b)Gap between 12th standard & degree: again should I fill this out as 0 or leave it blank?

c)Gap between degree & Employment: I got place on campus but I got my joining date 6 months after graduation, so should i fill it out as 6 months?

3. One part of the application says

(Please mention Extra-Curricular Activities you were engaged in school and college levels, including honors won and positions held in special interest bodies, if any)

but then goes on to only list AWARD DESCRIPTION and YEAR RECEIVED, so can we only fill out these fields if we have awards?

What if you were part of committees and things of that sort and did not get any awards or certificates for them?

4.For submitting GMAT scores we need to only fill out percentiles in different sections right?

5.Under employment details what should be the TO DATE for my current company? As i am still working here. Should it be 31st march 2015?

6. I am scheduled to travel abroad in January for work. So can i already enter YES for the question Do you have International Exposure?



Hi,

1) I didn't write anything for 10th but for 12th wrote Science as I had taken Science in the 11-12th standard.

2) You don't have to write zero, just keep it blank even for your employment bit. The admin while verifying your document might ask you about the 6 month gap and you can tell him that your call came 6 months later. It's not a problem.

3) I kept this thing blank as even I hadn't received any awards while working as a committee member during my college days.

4) I have filled in few more forms after the great lakes one, so my memory is a little fuzzy on this but as far as I remember it was your actual Quant- verbal split that you have to put there unless they have specifically mentioned percentiles.

5) Yes it should be 31st March.

6) I think you can.

Hope this helps :).
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Aug 2014
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Great Lakes Class of 2015 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2015, 01:31
Hi,

Can someone pls let me know what are the various part of the application for Great lakes. . Does it have any required essay in addition to the recommendation requirement ?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Dec 2012
Posts: 12
Location: India
Concentration: Finance, Finance
GMAT 1: 480 Q27 V22
GPA: 3.99
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 12

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Great Lakes Class of 2015 Calling all applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Aug 2015, 22:51
Hi

My profile is as below :

GMAT : 570.
Work Ex : 4 years.
Designation : Quality Analyst.
Domain : Capital Markets and Cross Border Settlements

1 year international Exposure. Worked in Client based location.

Is there a chance that I would get into PGPM 1 year Program?

Thanks,
Sandhya
Re: Great Lakes Class of 2015 Calling all applicants!   [#permalink] 04 Aug 2015, 22:51
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
5 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all GREAT LAKES Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2016 Narenn 11 17 Sep 2014, 03:51
Experts publish their posts in the topic Great Lakes 2013- Calling all applicants souvik101990 1 14 Feb 2013, 20:27
4 Great Lakes Institute of Management, India - Class of 2013 phoenixrulzz 51 30 May 2011, 18:33
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Great Lakes Class of 2015 Calling all applicants!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.