Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:31 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
GMAT 2: 690
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Great Lakes Institute of Management, India - Class of 2013 [#permalink]
Many Thanks Ganesh!!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
The Union Bank Centre for Banking Excellence, Great Lakes institute of Management is proud to host the second Financial Inclusion conference on 12th August 2011. The speakers included Dr.Y.V.Reddy(Former Governor,RBI), Mrs.Usha Thorat(Former Deputy Governor, RBI), Mr.S.C.Kalia(Executive Director, Union Bank of India). The highlight of this conference would be the panel discussion on the topic "Microfinance: A Panacea for Finacial Inclusion? If so how to get there?"

For more information : https://greatlakes.edu.in/events/Conferences/glfic.html
Manager
Manager
Send PM
How Great Lakes Institute of Management inculcates a sense of social and environmental responsibility among students to make them better managers.

https://www.livemint.com/2011/08/1122471 ... l?atype=tp

To more about Karma Yoga and its initiatives :

https://greatlakes.edu.in/karmayoga.html
Manager
Manager
Send PM
“We just have to believe in our dreams to be able to shape it into whatever we want to make of it”
is just an excerpt from the fresh new blog by Siddharth Goyal right from the platter of life@GreatLakes.
To read more, please follow the link

https://greatlaker.wordpress.com/2011/08 ... prejudice/
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Great Lakes Institute of Management is happy to announce its participation in GMATCH Virtual MBA Fair on Monday, 19th September & Tuesday, 20th September.

Please visit the following link to register for free :

https://www.g-match.com/mbaprograms.html
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Great Lakes presents HR Conclave 2011!!!

We have eminent personalities from Educomp, Lanco, L&T, Thomson Reuters, Hewlett Packard and other top IT firms. The key note address is by Mr. Satish Pradhan, Chief, Group HR, Tata Sons.

Follow us on Twitter : @GreatLakes_MBA
Be updated on happenings @ Great Lakes by Liking the official FB page : https://www.facebook.com/pages/Great-Lak ... 8476015645
For live video coverage visit : https://vdo.purplestream.in/greatlakes.htm
Manager
Manager
Send PM
NDTV Hindu had covered HR Conclave and had interviewed Prof. Bala and various speakers present at the event. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ujIkXxVRyc
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
What are the essay prompts for class of 2013 admissions?
Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
yroy82 wrote:
What are the essay prompts for class of 2013 admissions?
Thanks.

I am sorry but the essay questions can not be revealed. You got to buy the application to know the same.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi Ganesh,
I have the following profile..Kindly tell me what my chances are.

1.Engineer from one of India's top 15 engineering institutes
2. GMAT Score : 640
3 .GPA of 7/10
4. 10th grade -87%
12th grade -81%
5. 3 years of experience (2 years in Business development and analytics and 1 year in IT ) with two promotions.
6. Extra Curriculars : Department Cultural Secretary in college..Head Marketing, college festival..Loadsa awards in singing, quizzing, personality contests etc.. I am also a Playback singer having lentmy voice to two Tamil movies
6. Winner 4 National Level singing competitions and finalist in Indian Idol 5 and X Factor India
7. VP, Corporate relations in an NGO teaching English to under-priveleged kids
8. Founder Music Society in Wipro Chennai
9. Founder of NGO 'Savera' in providing opportunities for under-priveleged but promising Musicians(I wish to pursue this full time after my MBA)
10. Student of the year in school twice.
11. School head boy

I wish to pursue the NGO giving opportunities to upcoming musicians as my career after MBA.

Please share ur feedback on my profile and my chances of getting through Great Lakes.

Regards,
Geetesh
Manager
Manager
Send PM
geeteshaiyer wrote:
Hi Ganesh,
I have the following profile..Kindly tell me what my chances are.

1.Engineer from one of India's top 15 engineering institutes
2. GMAT Score : 640
3 .GPA of 7/10
4. 10th grade -87%
12th grade -81%
5. 3 years of experience (2 years in Business development and analytics and 1 year in IT ) with two promotions.
6. Extra Curriculars : Department Cultural Secretary in college..Head Marketing, college festival..Loadsa awards in singing, quizzing, personality contests etc.. I am also a Playback singer having lentmy voice to two Tamil movies
6. Winner 4 National Level singing competitions and finalist in Indian Idol 5 and X Factor India
7. VP, Corporate relations in an NGO teaching English to under-priveleged kids
8. Founder Music Society in Wipro Chennai
9. Founder of NGO 'Savera' in providing opportunities for under-priveleged but promising Musicians(I wish to pursue this full time after my MBA)
10. Student of the year in school twice.
11. School head boy

I wish to pursue the NGO giving opportunities to upcoming musicians as my career after MBA.

Please share ur feedback on my profile and my chances of getting through Great Lakes.

Regards,
Geetesh

Hello Geetesh,

Your extracurriculars are brilliant and your profile would put you notches above other candidates. Based on your extracurriculars, you definitely have a great chance of getting an interview call. For that you need to highlight all your key achievements in your essays. The essays will reflect who you are and what you have done so far. So devote as much time as possible to your essays. Your recommendations from your superiors is also important and will carry weightage for your interview call.

The only drawback based on what details you have provided is your GMAT score which is on the lower side. Having said that, Great Lakes does not look at your GMAT score and reject you or look at your achievements and takes you in, your entire profile is evaluated. In order to be 100% confident of your interview call and given the time that you have till the deadline, i would suggest that you take a shot at GMAT and get a higher score and apply.

All the very best!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi,

I have been shortlisted for GD/PI.. can you help me with tips for the same?

Thanks,
Mala S
Manager
Manager
Send PM
malas wrote:
Hi,

I have been shortlisted for GD/PI.. can you help me with tips for the same?

Thanks,
Mala S

Hi Mala

Congrats!

Be abreast with the latest trends and happenings around the world. The GD could be based on anything so it is better to be prepared. There are so many tips on the internet about how to do well in your GD, the same is applicable here also. The person who is monitoring the GD would be looking for good value add from you. You don't necessarily have to be the first speaker to gain brownie points, you can be the last too as long as you contribute a very good point towards the GD.

For the interview, just remember that it would mostly revolve around your profile, essays and whatever you have done in your work. Be prepared with the typical questions such as "Tell me about yourself", "why do you want to do a MBA" etc.

All the best!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi Ganesh,
I got a GD/PI call :)

Hope to do well there and carry the baton forward from you guys !!

Cheers!!
Geetesh
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 127 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Ganesh, What is the average Work Ex of current students in the Great lakes MBA class? I can look it up from the site, but wanted to get a first hand information. By workex i mean the career progression of te folks - High performers, Average or just happy to get out of whatever they were into? :) (i fall in the third category.)

Also for the folks with several years of work experience (10 in my case) what is the value add that Great Lakes can provide?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
iamgame wrote:
Ganesh, What is the average Work Ex of current students in the Great lakes MBA class? I can look it up from the site, but wanted to get a first hand information. By workex i mean the career progression of te folks - High performers, Average or just happy to get out of whatever they were into? :) (i fall in the third category.)

Also for the folks with several years of work experience (10 in my case) what is the value add that Great Lakes can provide?

The average work experience is 42 months. In terms of performance, everybody is competitive and high performers. After all they would want to gain the maximum with the fees they have paid.

There are a couple of students here in the higher end of the work exp. In terms of value add, it is the knowledge that you gain from world class faculties that enables to take up senior positions in your work place. Not only that, you may get to learn a lot and get a different perspective from a B-School.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 127 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Thanks for the response Ganesh. Though it was a generic reply, but my query was pretty generic too. I will shoot straight now, going through the site, specifically the placements statistics, an alarmingly high percentage of participants come from IT service companies and also get placed back in IT industry. Could you please help me understand this trend? What kind of advancement in terms of roles do the participants gain after the Great Lakes MBA course? Also I couldn't find a link where I can get in touch with an alumni from Great Lakes. If you can provide that, it would be much appreciated.
I also wanted to get details on what industry affiliations does Great Lakes has. Say, if I wanted to get networked with the drivers of Healthcare industry just for an example, in India (which is going to be the next big thing) how far would Great Lakes take me in my quest?

Thanks for your time Ganesh.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts