Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 18:11 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 18:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Official Business School Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 600 Q51 V38
GPA: 3.24
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
GMAT 1: 620 Q49 V26
GPA: 1.32
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Send PM
Re: Great Lakes Institute of Management, India: PGPM 2017-18 Intake [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi msingh77 and Pm091989,

The deadline to apply for Cycle 1 of Great Lakes PGPM 2017-18 is NOVEMBER 30, 2016.

Great Lakes accepts GMAT scores taken on or after 1st Jan 2014,and CAT, XAT, CMAT score of the last two years. At Great Lakes, we do not have fixed cutoffs and any minimum scores are decided on after the completion of the application process and review of the overall applicant pool. Since the applicant pool varies in number and quality every year, the cutoffs may vary as well.
As a broad indicator based on the past experience, 600+ score in GMAT would be considered suitable subject to meeting other criteria. This is however an indicative score and if we find an exceptional candidates with a relatively lower score, we may still consider the application. On the other hand we may reject a candidate with a high aptitude test score but with a poor track record in other areas.
So while the test scores are important, we emphasize more on selecting well-rounded candidates with a strong overall track record.

Posted from my mobile device

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Great Lakes Institute of Management, India: PGPM 2017-18 Intake [#permalink]
Whats the deadline for cycle 2 for PGPM 2017-2018 ?

Sent from my Mi 4i using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi asahu2932,

The Application deadline for PGPM 2017-18 Cycle 2 is January 24, 2017

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
What if I submit the score in Feb?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi msingh77,

Since the 2nd cycle deadline(along with score submission) is 24 January for now , we won't be accepting scores submitted after the deadline.

In case of any deadline extension till february(if any), you might be able to submit your score.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Jibs wrote:
Hi asahu2932,

The Application deadline for PGPM 2017-18 Cycle 2 is January 24, 2017

Hi,

Thank you for the info.I have one more doubt for this second cycle, what is the last date up to which GMAT scores will be acceptable.

Thanks
Ashish
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi asahu2932,

The GMAT scores for second cycle will be accepted till 24th January, 2017.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Kudos
Hi,

I have been called for essay writing GDPI round. Please suggest some essay writing topics, that generally come in Great Lakes, for practice. Also please give some suggestions on the rounds of GD and PI questions.
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi mjmhtjain ,

The essay writing is basically to test you communication and articulation skills. So there is no specific agenda for essay writing. You may be asked to give your opinion on an ongoing HOT topic in the world/country, or you may be asked to justify your stand for a statement given statement etc. You dont have to specifically prepare for essay writing in my opinion.

For the PI round, you will mostly be asked from whatever is mentioned in your CV. If you know well about whatever you have mentioned in your CV, then your half work is done. There might be situational questions to check how well you handle/manage a particular situation etc.
Apart from your communication, your confidence, attire, attitude etc. will also be considered as a part of the overall profile-based interview round.

All the best !!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Jibbi,

I have been shortlisted for the Essay/PI round and would like to know further. Will the essay and PIs be conducted simultaneously or is essay a shortlisting round before the PI? I have a relatively low GMAT score. What do you suggest is the best way to prepare in order to secure an admission as I am very keen to join this year. Also like kindly advise on the attire aspect of it. What is the generally accepted way of dressing?

Thank you.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi kaush91,

There is no further shortlisting once youbare called for GDPI round. After completion of the essay writing part, candidates will be called one by one for PI, depending on the number of panels.
Regarding the attire, you may walk in business formals or suit.
Be confident and be well-versed with your CV.

All the best!

JIBS

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi ,

I have scored 570 and have a 3+ work ex in TCS. Is there a chance that I will be selected for Great lakes if I apply for second cycle.

Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi @asahu92 ,

Great Lakes does an overall profile based shortlisting.
You can apply in the PGPM second cycle. But getting shortlisted with a GMAT score of 570 will require you to have an excellent job profile, academics etc. (As part of the overall profile based shortlisting). The chances of getting shortlisted will depend more on your profile.

Send PM
Expert Reply
The Great Lakes PGPM 2017 Application deadline(Cycle 2) has been extended to 31st JAN, 2017.

Apply Now!

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank You Jibs for the Info.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello Jibbs

Can you confirm the no. of seats for Greatlakes Chennai campus. I have heard that seats have been increased this year.
Send PM
Expert Reply
jain014 wrote:
Hello Jibbs

Can you confirm the no. of seats for Greatlakes Chennai campus. I have heard that seats have been increased this year.

GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts